the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

Addicted

Reaction score
Sorry to drag it out one piece at a time but each time I get done and stand back I gotta take a pic... Today I rubbed out the bumper.
FePFlV2.jpg

OA7jyYt.jpg

lozy0Ey.jpg

gOD0UAF.jpg

I also did the cowl.
DkI4hx4.jpg

The paint isn't perfect by any means. If you look at the pic above you can see some texture in the metallic. Its good enough for me to stand next to it and say its the first, and probably the last car I will paint.
I would defiantly rock the paint job anytime!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Things got a little cray-cray today. I put the wheels on the ground and was tickled pink that its still starting right up now for the last 6 weeks(the little things still get me). I checked 6 or 8 times to be sure I didn't leave anything under it and actually backed it out of what has become its natural habitat for way too long. It was running nice so why not take it for a spin? As soon as I was out of the driveway it was pulling to the left but it wasn't as bad as before and the motor seemed happy so rather then taking the short trip(maybe 1/4 mile), I kept going. With the way it was pulling I didn't want to take it much further than the alignment shop but the way the motor was running I didn't want to take it home yet. I didn't get out of the neighborhood and felt bad getting up to 30 in it but only for a brief second. Here is proof it made it out.
4ZK7sab.jpg

EoQQiOE.jpg

gUAgUpg.jpg

yegeEuA.jpg

yfW2fAu.jpg

4YGb7Jx.jpg

The final detail I had been worried about was the hid retrofit on the single piece lights. I have not had it out at night to be able to check it so I left the car out all day and checked them after dark and I am happy to say they are actually pretty close right now. I am pretty sure I can get them lined up and still have them look straight on the side. Monday it will get an alignment and then its time to put some miles on it and shake out some more gremlins. I know they are still hiding in there....

Addicted

Reaction score
Things got a little cray-cray today. I put the wheels on the ground and was tickled pink that its still starting right up now for the last 6 weeks(the little things still get me). I checked 6 or 8 times to be sure I didn't leave anything under it and actually backed it out of what has become its natural habitat for way too long. It was running nice so why not take it for a spin? As soon as I was out of the driveway it was pulling to the left but it wasn't as bad as before and the motor seemed happy so rather then taking the short trip(maybe 1/4 mile), I kept going. With the way it was pulling I didn't want to take it much further than the alignment shop but the way the motor was running I didn't want to take it home yet. I didn't get out of the neighborhood and felt bad getting up to 30 in it but only for a brief second. Here is proof it made it out.
4ZK7sab.jpg

EoQQiOE.jpg

gUAgUpg.jpg

yegeEuA.jpg

yfW2fAu.jpg

4YGb7Jx.jpg

The final detail I had been worried about was the hid retrofit on the single piece lights. I have not had it out at night to be able to check it so I left the car out all day and checked them after dark and I am happy to say they are actually pretty close right now. I am pretty sure I can get them lined up and still have them look straight on the side. Monday it will get an alignment and then its time to put some miles on it and shake out some more gremlins. I know they are still hiding in there....
IMHO...This is one of the best looking SN's ive ever seen. Look at the curves, in all the right places...and yes I'm talking about the car here:D. Mighty grwat work you have done brother.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I dont believe my eyes! Ive been here going on 7yrs and never once seen a full pic of your car and i must say ... its great!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its funny as I don't think I have taken a step that far back to take pics or do anything really. Its a nice sized garage but not that nice. I think its the first time I have seen it from the side and the chin and rear spoiler really make me grin as they seem to flow really well. Unfortunately I remembered today that I have dr's appointments both mon and tues that will get in the way of the alignment... Man I hate dr's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online