The quest to my first HPDE v2.0

wmfateam

Reaction score
Is this thing a daily or weekend car? I tracked eibach sportlines for a couple events and had to ditch them because the nose dive was atrocious. But if you plan on going coil over, they shouldn't be too bad for just starting out. I went to Steeda Full Comp front springs and even added a spring rubber to increse lbs further. Nose dive is kept well in check until I switch chassis and go coil over. When I read any post in the Road Racing section I always tend to forget about the driving a track car on the streets aspect. I just looked up the rates on the BBK and they are slightly, slightly, stiffer than the Eibachs I used. Personally, I would go with H&R Race, but I give next to no shits about street driving harshness and I live in AZ where most every road is flat. But snap back to reality, those BBk's should be fine if you are taking it slow and listening to your instructor and don't plan on them being the end all be all spring. So I would just ignore this and my previous comment all together. Unless you are higher on the seriousness of this, the 98, seeing the track more often.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Is this thing a daily or weekend car? I tracked eibach sportlines for a couple events and had to ditch them because the nose dive was atrocious. But if you plan on going coil over, they shouldn't be too bad for just starting out. I went to Steeda Full Comp front springs and even added a spring rubber to increse lbs further. Nose dive is kept well in check until I switch chassis and go coil over. When I read any post in the Road Racing section I always tend to forget about the driving a track car on the streets aspect. I just looked up the rates on the BBK and they are slightly, slightly, stiffer than the Eibachs I used. Personally, I would go with H&R Race, but I give next to no shits about street driving harshness and I live in AZ where most every road is flat. But snap back to reality, those BBk's should be fine if you are taking it slow and listening to your instructor and don't plan on them being the end all be all spring. So I would just ignore this and my previous comment all together. Unless you are higher on the seriousness of this, the 98, seeing the track more often.

The '98 is my daily driver and more than likely won't see more than this event. Can't say that for sure, as I'm hoping to have the '95 ready to roll by next spring. She's much better suited for this type of abuse.

:evil: Since you mentioned coil overs, I *could* take the Koni struts/GR40 350# coil overs + Bilstein HD shocks/MM 275# coil overs off of the '95 for this event but I don't have CC plates to fully make the best use of them. I have a set of MM struts/shocks + MM coil overs to replace them anyway.

wmfateam

Reaction score
I would not want to run coilovers with out CC plates as that would add a lot of stress to the upper strut mounts. In all reality , those BBk's will be more than adequate for an HPDE 1/2 weekend. When I graduated to HPDE 3, tat is when I switched up to a stiffer spring and no longer was a daily. Worst case, you can run a spring rubber, just like dang old NASCAR, if you find yourself in this car again at the track.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I would not want to run coilovers with out CC plates as that would add a lot of stress to the upper strut mounts. In all reality , those BBk's will be more than adequate for an HPDE 1/2 weekend. When I graduated to HPDE 3, tat is when I switched up to a stiffer spring and no longer was a daily. Worst case, you can run a spring rubber, just like dang old NASCAR, if you find yourself in this car again at the track.

Thought so, I'm just going to make due with parts on hand and maybe a set of subframe connectors.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Don't even bother with the subframes if this thing is only doing one event. Unless you bought them specifically for the 98 then go for it. Just go have fun. Don't get caught up in all the bullshit you think you need to do an event. Just fresh brake fluid, enough brake pads, helmet and no leaks.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Don't even bother with the subframes if this thing is only doing one event. Unless you bought them specifically for the 98 then go for it. Just go have fun. Don't get caught up in all the bullshit you think you need to do an event. Just fresh brake fluid, enough brake pads, helmet and no leaks.

That's the plan! The remaining parts listed are on hand and have been slated to be installed anyway.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
That's the plan! The remaining parts listed are on hand and have been slated to be installed anyway.

Ah ok. I just didn't want you missing out again on another event. I've heard 100 guys with the same excuse. Oh I need this and that and this installed and that tuned blah blah. These guys build a full racecar that never see a track.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Ah ok. I just didn't want you missing out again on another event. I've heard 100 guys with the same excuse. Oh I need this and that and this installed and that tuned blah blah. These guys build a full racecar that never see a track.

Truly considered renting an econobox for the weekend to be honest...

edit: my other car is the half-built, racecar that even lived at the racetrack for a while; but never saw the Tarmac. Well, with me behind wheel.. Damn car rubbed elbows with some serious machines!

089A1A45-92EC-41FB-A220-805E51EBA88A-9218-000007B654A1E7A0_zps99894984.jpg

01DD4320-B1B8-457E-B230-7B5793E444C1-9218-000007B6588BA820_zpsf9b29221.jpg

AF4C1021-C64F-4F12-BB85-BA72A9287D79-9218-000007B663AE98EB_zps127ce4f9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Staff online

Members online