The "shineboxxx" Project

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Been thinking for awhile on whether or not I should get a newer Stang or keep this one. I love this car way too much to give it up to some random shmoe and decided I am keeping it and building it up, obviously time and $$ are my only limiting factors.
Here is my plans for this car in full :
Engine - GT40 Top End (Heads, upper & lower intake) Trickflow Stage 1 Cam, 70mm throttlebody, Trickflow SN95 throttlebody adapter
Exhaust- BBK Unequal Length Shorties, Pypes O/R X Pipe, 2.5'' SS LX tailpipes
Drivetrain - 3.73 Gears
Suspension- H&R SS Springs, Tokico HP Shocks & Struts, J&M C/C Plates, J&M Rear LCA's, Eibach Front & Rear Sway Bars

My goal is around 250 rwhp, it'll probably make more but won't know until this actually happens and gets dyno tuned.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds almost exactly like what I'm doing with my motor. good luck. I am doing some port work on the intake and heads.
don't forget to upgrade the vlv springs on the heads.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
sounds almost exactly like what I'm doing with my motor. good luck. I am doing some port work on the intake and heads.
don't forget to upgrade the vlv springs on the heads.
Nice. idk if I'm porting the intakes yet. What valve springs should I go with?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't remember the # off hand right now (working) I'll ck and let ya know when I get home l8tr.
Someone on this site had posted the spring PN for the P heads. They were in stock at Summit so I walked in and picked them up.
The kit came with springs, retainers and vlv seals.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I don't remember the # off hand right now (working) I'll ck and let ya know when I get home l8tr.
Someone on this site had posted the spring PN for the P heads. They were in stock at Summit so I walked in and picked them up.
The kit came with springs, retainers and vlv seals.
thanks. I'll be doing the regular GT40s not the GT40P's

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Hmm...so your getting an xpipe:tongue3: your welcome!
Haha hell yeah. Thanks dude! I figured MAC's are a little louder than Flow 40s but sound similar so I know it'll sound badass lol. I like the rasp from X pipes anyways

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Haha hell yeah. Thanks dude! I figured MAC's are a little louder than Flow 40s but sound similar so I know it'll sound badass lol. I like the rasp from X pipes anyways

Actually flowmaster is nothing like a mac. Mac makes a way more raspier, muscle car sound than a flowmaster. and yes the x pipe will make it more responsive and improve gas mileage.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Did your car feel more responsive after putting the X on?

Alittle...I think it makes slightly better power for sure around 4kish rpms since the exhaust flows better. Its more for the sound than anything though, but there is a gain from getting rid of all the cats, I just cant say how much because I only dyno'd my car after and not before. I think really good exhaust gains would have to come from long tube headers, shorty x midpipe, catback with bullet mufflers,

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Change of plans! Been debating on whether to get a newer Stang or keep this puppy and build it up. Decided to keep this since I love it too much and its only got 54k on it. Plans are to save up for a trickflow 360hp top end kit. Also doing 3.73s, o/r X, headers, some suspension work, bigger maf, injectors, throttlebody, and thats it I think. Shooting for around 300-300 rwhp, should be fun!

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Ordering gears next week! Decided to not do the suspension until the AM car show. Can't wait to order them

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
installing em yourself?
Nope, don't have the tools or any friends that work on cars. my mechanic will do em and anything else I need. I think the 3.73s will really wake this slouch up and tie in well either with a vortech s trim or trickflow top end h/c/i kit

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Nope, don't have the tools or any friends that work on cars. my mechanic will do em and anything else I need. I think the 3.73s will really wake this slouch up and tie in well either with a vortech s trim or trickflow top end h/c/i kit
well which is it! ahah hci or charger?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
well which is it! ahah hci or charger?
Haha idk lol. Trickflow 360hp kit should be good for 300-320rwhp with headers, o/r x, 75mm tb, bigger maf, injectors and tune.. Vortech V2 S-Trim comes with everything and should be good for 300+rwhp with exhaust and other bolt ons. I think h/c/i will make the car quick and sound really menacing, vortechs gonna make it quicker but idk lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online