The "shineboxxx" Project

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
UPDATE- 4/26/13
Sprayed my peeling rear lower valence. First pic is when is from when I installed my ss inserts in February i think, best picture I got to show how crappy it looked. Forgot to take a pic of how I taped it off, but you get the picture lol. Last pic is complete lol. Had to touch up a few spots after taking the paint off but I think it looks damn good. 1000 times better than the peeling, faded, ugly gray plastic crap ford put there. I used rustoleum spray paint, made for indoor/outdoor, metal, plastic, wood etc, semi gloss finish. Came out awesome imo. I put like 6 coats on haha. I'm very happy with the final product

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Damn lol. Too bad I can't get anything right now =\ Been asked what I want for graduation. May ask for Tokico shocks/struts, lowering springs & c/c plates. This isn't all from one person lol, parents, grandparents etc

TanTop94

Reaction score
Im so jealous!!!! Lowering > Exhaust. You already have dumps, that midpipe made me think of your build is all lol

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Lol yeah at this point I wanna focus on the suspension lol. This is what I got picked out, SR Lowering Springs w/ cc plates, Koni STR shocks and struts. Should look pretty sick and ride a lot better, more sporty instead of a caddy ride lol

TanTop94

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty solid setup, why SR though? I know they are good and all but have you thought about others?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty solid setup, why SR though? I know they are good and all but have you thought about others?

Yerp lol. SR got good reviews and on AM they got the springs with cc plates combo lol. Says they're good for a 1.5" drop, measured today and that should be perfect for my car.

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
ay [MENTION=16648]TanTop94[/MENTION], go find me one of those bangin deals for a v6 please :)

and yayyyyy for lowering!!
my parents got me tires for my grad present like in january aha. good choice!! and show your dad that deal then!! i'd be all over that parents or not aha. even if you aren't allowed to install it, either keep it til you can, or sell it for like 90 and i can guarantee you that you'll make your money back and then some.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
ay TanTop94, go find me one of those bangin deals for a v6 please :)

and yayyyyy for lowering!!
my parents got me tires for my grad present like in january aha. good choice!! and show your dad that deal then!! i'd be all over that parents or not aha. even if you aren't allowed to install it, either keep it til you can, or sell it for like 90 and i can guarantee you that you'll make your money back and then some.

Lol I can't wait. That h pipe is a steal but unfortunately neither of my parents want me buyin anything right now lol. Right now I wanna focus on making this car lower, and handle like it should lol. Then I'll mess with the exhaust again lol

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Lol I can't wait. That h pipe is a steal but unfortunately neither of my parents want me buyin anything right now lol. Right now I wanna focus on making this car lower, and handle like it should lol. Then I'll mess with the exhaust again lol
but look at that price man! seriously, it's just asking to be bought. guy will probably be down some cash because it's free shipping!

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Decided to focus on upgrading the suspension on my car. For graduation I picked out H&R SS Springs, J&M C/C Plates, Tokico HP Shocks & Struts (Not all from one shop, bunch of family members, told me to pick out what I want in reason lol)
So my setup is going to be this:
H&R Super Sport Springs
J&M Caster Camber Plates
Tokico HP Series Shocks
Tokico HP Series Struts
Eibach Front & Rear Sway Bars (-- buying these pretty soon)
& Maybe J&M Rear LCA's.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Decided to focus on upgrading the suspension on my car. For graduation I picked out H&R SS Springs, J&M C/C Plates, Tokico HP Shocks & Struts (Not all from one shop, bunch of family members, told me to pick out what I want in reason lol)
So my setup is going to be this:
H&R Super Sport Springs
J&M Caster Camber Plates
Tokico HP Series Shocks
Tokico HP Series Struts
Eibach Front & Rear Sway Bars (-- buying these pretty soon)
& Maybe J&M Rear LCA's.

thats my exact set up! except i have mm cc plates

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Good choice man, at least making it handle better wont get you a ticket like exhaust would. But when you do a exhaust setup all i got is a bbk off road x and stock headers and mufflers it sounds good at wot but quiet ass hell when at idle. Perfect to avoid getting ticket.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
thats my exact set up! except i have mm cc plates
Nice! How do you like it?
Good choice man, at least making it handle better wont get you a ticket like exhaust would. But when you do a exhaust setup all i got is a bbk off road x and stock headers and mufflers it sounds good at wot but quiet ass hell when at idle. Perfect to avoid getting ticket.
Thanks lol. Yeah I don't like how this car handles at all, and it sits like a truck and rides way too soft. I want a nice, firm ride and something that can really turn and feel stable lol. Right now for exhaust all I got are MAC Pro Dumps, stock h pipe and manifolds. I'd like to put tailpipes back on though, the drone gets really annoying.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
You should go to you local junkyard and look for taillipipes, or buy the ones 50resto sells for 150 new, that what i would do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online