The "shineboxxx" Project

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Well I got the fuel pressure issue resolved. Went inside to grab water, come out and she won't idle.. turns out one of my brothers friends figured it'd be amusing to mess with the two adjustment things (screw and set screw) on my throttlebody. So now I'm trying to fix that. Car does have a tune too. Car was running flawlessly, holding fuel pressure, never dropped. How do I go about a base idle reset and fixing these adjustment screws. I already googled and tried a few things, got it to idle for a little but still dies.

HawkX66

Reaction score
First thing you do is find your brother's friend and punch him in the mouth. Then... You do it again. After that, find someone local that knows how to tune. With you saying "mess with the two adjustment things", I think you need a little help. Chances are the nucklefutz that screwed with your adjustment screws messed with something else too.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
First thing you do is find your brother's friend and punch him in the mouth. Then... You do it again. After that, find someone local that knows how to tune. With you saying "mess with the two adjustment things", I think you need a little help. Chances are the nucklefutz that screwed with your adjustment screws messed with something else too.
Oh no I beamed a 1/2" 24mm socket at his gut, we're somewhat even haha. Yeah honestly I know it's for air flow and whatnot but me just aimlessly turning both hoping I find the sweet spot gets old after awhile. I did it years ago and totally forgot the base idle reset procedure and whatnot. Closest tuner is about 120ish miles away. Just had shoulder surgery so I can't really monkey around as much as I'd want.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

HawkX66

Reaction score
Oh no I beamed a 1/2" 24mm socket at his gut, we're somewhat even haha. Yeah honestly I know it's for air flow and whatnot but me just aimlessly turning both hoping I find the sweet spot gets old after awhile. I did it years ago and totally forgot the base idle reset procedure and whatnot. Closest tuner is about 120ish miles away. Just had shoulder surgery so I can't really monkey around as much as I'd want.
Should have been at his head lol... It really shouldn't be hard, so that leads me to believe that he might have pulled a vacuum hose, loosened a plug wire, or something like that too. Good luck with getting it and your shoulder right.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Should have been at his head lol... It really shouldn't be hard, so that leads me to believe that he might have pulled a vacuum hose, loosened a plug wire, or something like that too. Good luck with getting it and your shoulder right.
HAHA facts. Yeah not at all I just need to dedicate some time and get to it. I was tinkerin with it earlier and got it to idle a bit, more tweaking eventually. Thanks though preciate it!

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Update. Still not cleared to do much, ongoing rehab for my shoulder. Anyways. Buddy helped me out. Rear shock tower brace is in, I trimmed the trunk panels, rear seats are back in. Tailpipes are off, turndowns welded on, just need to weld hangers on. Ummm. Gauges need to be rewired, windshield was replaced last week. What else. Oh my aluminum d/s has apparently been hitting the ebrake cable bracket, it made a nice gouge in it. So I ordered a new one, will clearance that bracket and toss on my stifflers ds safety loop. After that car is going for a retune, more aggressive and have the fans came on earlier. They'll also address my idle issue cause I have no patience left for it. That's a mouthful, oh well. Bumper is off so I can tow it to the tuning place and not rip it off going up a flatbed. Yes I have wood, easier to undo 4 nuts and the top pushpins. Car also needs a nice detail eventually.
9ee1694a942aac01dac0eafb73746ed0.jpg
3547af54f0c3eb80623051ce8d2eb49e.jpg
4a5ac3eab07f59a77a50378817063df0.jpg
6f5686ac98d8be0063709b06953d8726.jpg

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Side note when I got the aluminum d/s three years ago there were no notes stating there would be clearance issues. Ordered the d/s the other day and now it says yadda yadda. Plus my car being slammed doesn't help haha.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Driveshafts in, exhaust will be finished tomorrow. Gotta modify the driveshaft safety loop so we'll do it another day. Clearanced the ebrake bracket, oil change. Forgot how fun it was to drive this car. Been a long 2 months, finally got cleared to start driving stick again. I drove around and got gas, scraped everywhere. Stupid smirk on my face, no ****s given. Gauges might get fixed this week, but def off for a new tune next week! Did a block long rollin burnout too, felt ****ing great. Gotta upload the vid somehow
93bc25df085f8d277dd1589973676e98.jpg
fecf613fa541a9e9bf73b95bf9d97608.jpg
2ab5b50c9d6efae3a4c669eb91af6a40.jpg
d1a415ec7ebf30076c85319d59377f72.jpg

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Well, spill the beans already!
Good news. Dirty maf was my idle and drivability issue. The bad. Smacked a manhole cover that was out of its hole. It was either hit it or get in a wreck... so. Luckily just scraped a lot underneath. Something popped up and ****ed my output shaft seal. So its pissing trans fluid everywhere. No biggie just a seal. It'll get changed tomorrow when they retune it, shoulder still isn't well enough for me to crawl under the car. My gauges are ****ed cause of my buddy. So I ordered new ones. Not that bad but still sucks

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
So fast forward almost a year. I've been fixing the car, gauges, wiring, fuel, resealed the trans, replaced the rear main, tob.. Ummm. Ideally just need a new tune, other than that i'm content. Fixed my fogs too.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Long story short that shop destroyed my poor girl. Fought tooth and nail, got all my money back. Lesson learned, should've waited till my shoulder healed to fix the car myself. Is what it is, but I fixed it all properly and am super content.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online