The "shineboxxx" Project

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
If I were you I would do subframes instead of sway bars.
I would but I can't find a shop I'd trust to weld em on.
i would get fox length shocks and struts..
Hmm, they would work fine on my car right?
You should go to you local junkyard and look for taillipipes, or buy the ones 50resto sells for 150 new, that what i would do.
That's what I'm probably going to do, only the junkyard here doesn't really have stuff like that but who knows lol, won't hurt to look.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
The whole point of fox body shocks and struts is that they will give you more shock travel, they are escpecially iseful when your car is lowered 2+ inches. With the h&r ss you be pushing around that.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip man, I appreciate it! I'm going to look for the foxbody shocks & struts now

slow90coupe

Reaction score
For you and your budget, I think Tokico Blues will be perfect for you. I have had those and KYB GR2's and they both work great and are budget-friendly.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
For you and your budget, I think Tokico Blues will be perfect for you. I have had those and KYB GR2's and they both work great and are budget-friendly.

Yeah I think so too lol. They actually got pretty good reviews and are in my price range so I think they're the besf for the $$ in my range. I hope these springs don't completely slam my car, pretty low I won't mind, can't be too low tho

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Yeah I think so too lol. They actually got pretty good reviews and are in my price range so I think they're the besf for the $$ in my range. I hope these springs don't completely slam my car, pretty low I won't mind, can't be too low tho

I love mine. The ride is great. Are you getting H&R SS springs?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
It will sit good and still be completely functional at that height. You won't have any issues except maybe having to angle your approach to speedbumps and steep driveways. I've only scraped once and that was because I wasn't able to angle a speed bump right.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
It will sit good and still be completely functional at that height. You won't have any issues except maybe having to angle your approach to speedbumps and steep driveways. I've only scraped once and that was because I wasn't able to angle a speed bump right.
Thanks for the reassurance lol. I can't wait to drop this puppy, I already go on angles in driveways and parking lot entrances so thats no biggie. My friends got a 03 nissan sentra se-r spec v. That thing is slammed to the floor, literally like half a cigarette box of clearance lol. I think it'll be fine, just gotta be careful with speed bumps, driveways etc.. Will addinf the springs, c/c plates, shocks & struts make the car feel more stable and handle a lot better?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Awesome lol. Last question for ya, are you running foxbody shocks & struts or regular sn95 ones?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Awesome lol. Last question for ya, are you running foxbody shocks & struts or regular sn95 ones?

I'm running the fox shocks and struts. I believe they're cheaper as well, but not 100%. The SN shocks and struts would have definitely bottomed out by now.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm running the fox shocks and struts. I believe they're cheaper as well, but not 100%. The SN shocks and struts would have definitely bottomed out by now.
Great! Thanks for the help guys. Yup they're are a little cheaper than the SN95 ones

alwill923

Reaction score
Make sure that when they are welded in the car is supported on the wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online

No members online now.