Thinking about lowering...

cmanzi77

Reaction score
Well I'm ready for my next mod after I recently installed MGW short throw shifter. I'm now looking into dropping the car car a bit to give me a nice lower look and handeling upgrade. Eiback pro-kit with the 1.5" drop all around is what I'm really looking at. But I don't have the money to buy shocks/struts. But I hear that the pro-kit is safe with the stock struts/shocks because the spring rate is not much stiffer? Can I hear you guys inputs on this? Thank you

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
You will eventually want to go with after market shocks and struts but you can get away with stock for a while anyway. I have the stock shocks/struts on Supersports and the only ride "problem" is it's a tad rough but no big deal. If you are wanting to race the car I'd wait and get everything all at once so you don't have to take everything apart again.

OP
OP
C

cmanzi77

Reaction score
Oh really. And I forgot to mention this car is like a daily driver kind of, it's driven about every other day. Never race it or beat it. Maybe one day in the spring I'll take it to the track. But other than that I just want the springs for the looks and handling for fun.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think you would be a great candidate for the Bullit suspension setup.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
J.R. said:
I think you would be a great candidate for the Bullit suspension setup.

Bullet suspension Kit is Worthless Stock Stuff..... Its cheap but doesn't do much for handling

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
And he just want's it to look nicer, he already said he doesn't track it or anything.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
J.R. said:
And he just want's it to look nicer, he already said he doesn't track it or anything.

I just dont like the drop the Bullet Kit gives our cars....its still looks too stock

OP
OP
C

cmanzi77

Reaction score
So how about the eiback pro-kit springs? Anyone else have this setup? Just want some more input with springs alone with no other suspension upgrade.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
cmanzi77 said:
So how about the eiback pro-kit springs? Anyone else have this setup? Just want some more input with springs alone with no other suspension upgrade.

bigjohnson4.6 has them on his moonlight blue gt and they look really good. Find a picture of a car's stance you want and we can probably tell you what it has or close to it.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Please Refer to the "Mustang Lowering Spring Database" in the garage and then post a picture of what stance you want and we can help you out :thumb:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
scott5 said:
i suggest frpp c-springs

C-Springs are Whatever

on the left is My car...on the right is a car with C-Springs

IMG_0276cleanResized.jpg

OP
OP
C

cmanzi77

Reaction score
I'm not looking for info on the stance. 1.5" drop all around sounds good to me. It's the part about getting these springs w/o worrying about stock struts and shocks.

Sean 96 GT

Reaction score
I have Eibach pro-kit springs in my car. I hate 'em. They're not stiff enough for what I intend to use my car for (autocross/short track/fun daily driver) But they will work well with stock shocks/struts and they provide a decent drop compared to the stock off-road height.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online