Truth about NPI vs PI

voidfinger

Reaction score
you got the 96/97 design i think... that means you probably need to get the 99 up if your going with the head swap. or intake swap for the pi tube.

firstonraceday

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
you got the 96/97 design i think... that means you probably need to get the 99 up if your going with the head swap. or intake swap for the pi tube.
I have the tube and the nipple from the 99+ gts already but iam having a problem with the fitment. The nipple does not fit over the stock tube coming from the water pump housing?

Reaction score
firstonraceday said:
voidfinger said:
I have the tube and the nipple from the 99+ gts already but iam having a problem with the fitment. The nipple does not fit over the stock tube coming from the water pump housing?
The '99-up nipple doesn't fit over the old one. You have to remove the water pump,tap out the old niple,tap in the new one,and then the PI heater tube slides right over the new style nipple.
JL

firstonraceday

Reaction score
Johnny Langton said:
firstonraceday said:
voidfinger said:
The '99-up nipple doesn't fit over the old one. You have to remove the water pump,tap out the old niple,tap in the new one,and then the PI heater tube slides right over the new style nipple.
JL

Iam a little confused on what you're saying here... I think im just going to make it work somehow all that tapping doesn't sound to fun.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
The tube coming out of the water pump IS the old nipple, the new nipple you have is to replace it, not work with it. You need to remove the old one and replace it with the new one.

firstonraceday

Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
The tube coming out of the water pump IS the old nipple, the new nipple you have is to replace it, not work with it. You need to remove the old one and replace it with the new one.
o ok so that extension comes out?

voidfinger

Reaction score
I'm sorry but i gotta ask.... is your fuel door really on the drivers side of your car??? just wondering...since its in the pic on the right. I've only seen the door on the passengers side. Sorry for being completely off topic.

firstonraceday

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
I'm sorry but i gotta ask.... is your fuel door really on the drivers side of your car??? just wondering...since its in the pic on the right. I've only seen the door on the passengers side. Sorry for being completely off topic.
wow i never noticed that. and no its not its on the passenger side. the person that made the sig must have put it in there. ???

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
firstonraceday said:
Jrgunn5150 said:
o ok so that extension comes out?

Yes, you have to drive it out with a hammer, gently. Or do what I did and use heater hose O0

gtjon

Reaction score
:slap: man this is actually kinda confusing like i want more horse power on my 96 but i mean is it really necessary? cause people say u can add stuff to ur car without PI heads and it wouldnt do as much as it would without PI heads..so that pisses me off..so is it gonna be worth getting al lthe PI stuff? such as intake, cam, and heads?

voidfinger

Reaction score
well 96-97 = 215 hp
98 = 225
99-up = 260

96-98 with pi heads = roughly 270/275 "b/c or CR bump to 10.5"

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
firstonraceday said:
voidfinger said:
wow i never noticed that. and no its not its on the passenger side. the person that made the sig must have put it in there. ???
haha, Yes I mirrored that picture. it looks better facing that way.

cheddar

Reaction score
when doing the PI intake swap would you need to use a stock PI intake or would an aftermarket PI intake work such as the LMS or the tyhoon intake, (cant think of any off the top of my head) and would you just use stock PI cams or could you use a stage 1 or 2 N/A or even blower cam (if you were planning on running boost) with this set up?

After doing the intake, cam swap, and P&P the NPI heads how would it react to boost? :dunno:

voidfinger

Reaction score
cheddar said:
when doing the PI intake swap would you need to use a stock PI intake or would an aftermarket PI intake work such as the LMS or the tyhoon intake, (cant think of any off the top of my head) and would you just use stock PI cams or could you use a stage 1 or 2 N/A or even blower cam (if you were planning on running boost) with this set up?

After doing the intake, cam swap, and P&P the NPI heads how would it react to boost? :dunno:

It would act a lot better toward boost. If i was you i would skip the Tyhoon, i've heard nothing but bad on it... i would definitly go with the trickflow intake. Better looking and killer design. don't forget to port it out too :)

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
cheddar said:

You can use any intake you want, although you would kinda be pissin your money away if it was just an intake swap.

After intake, cams, P&P and boost, it would go alot faster

cheddar

Reaction score
thats was the plan and i was looking at the trick flow one and i would definitally get the P&P done on both and why but a 4.6 2v if you dont pan 2 run boost thats just crazy :comando:

driftingmustang

Reaction score
how much does it cost to port npi heads? wouldnt i have to tear apart everything anyways to remove the heads and have them ported.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Figure on spending about 2k, and you can always get another set of NPI's for like, free and have those ported while you wait.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online