trying to organize group buy on steering wheel wraps

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Good news fellas we only need 5-7 people to get a deal I think that will make you happy. I need to get an idea of what shipping is to narrow the actual price down. If you are getting the FR500 grips you will need to send him a wheel to have him wrap or have him source one for you there(Poland). I have 3 extra wheels with my parts car so if you can't go with out one, I can send this one in for you to have him do the grips on. When you swap it out then I would need you to send me your stock wheel. I am just going to get some DIY kits to cover those wheels so I can finally sell them as factory wrapped I can't give them away. So if there is someone that wants a wheel, but might not have the money right away I might be able to work with you. As long as you don't get some crazy color that I would never be able to sell on ebay you can order the color you want and if the worst case comes true and you can't pay I will just throw it on ebay.

I need to know if your wanting the grips and want me to send in one of my wheels that you will need to send me your old wheel when your done or I am out a wheel for helping. If there is more then 3 I have him checking too see if he can source any wheels there are it was cheaper then shipping it last time.

In a nutshell though he said with 5-7 people he would do the grips for free so needless to say you can get an FR500 wheel only made to your demands and with better materials/quality..... This should not be hard.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Spending about $100 on a spare steering wheel seems insane... How long would these be gone for? I'd like to keep my current wheel and just get it re done rather than swap in another wheel. Just my personal preference. But definitely liking this. The grips would be awesome man

Caboose302

Reaction score
I'm in. I was just going to order from there anyway. Except I don't want the FR500 wheel. I was going to do a padded black Alcantara with orange sticthing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
How long does he have to go without a steering wheel in his car.......
oh I figure maybe 2-3 mins if he isn't too slow but I am not sure how much of a short-bus-rider we have in us here :tongue3: . Again I have 3 extra wheels so if you can't go with out one let me know and I will set one aside for you. We(you pay shipping) would ship them to him to cover and then send back over to you. You swap your wheels and then send me your stock wheel. I am just going to get a couple DIY kits that I will do so I can then flip them on ebay since they will not sell in stock condition.

Ok so I heard back and I think its a good deal. As I said he will do the grips for free which is a $50 value. The base price is $129 for a basic leather covering(not napa or alancantara) and the grips is normally $50, padding another $50 and as I said he has to do the grips so installation and shipping back to you is $150 so $129 + 50 + 50 + 150 = $378. We all know what the FR's go for so again to get one with new and better coverings means its still a pretty good deal. He said he would do the grips for free for us so That means $328 installed/shipped to your door. We would need to figure out how much it would be to ship the wheel to him, and then there is shipping from you/me but I will even do greyhound for the cheapest price if you want.

So far he/I have been talking grips this whole time I will see if I can get the padding for free for those that are not getting grips but I don't think it would be a problem.

questions/comments?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What do you think shipping is to send a wheel to them? I still have my stock in the garage somewhere.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Also the FR500 has perforated leather which I would like since I matched my RSD to my steering wheel.

Caboose302

Reaction score
What about the free shipping on orders over 150?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I will weigh one of my extras and get an approx. box size to estimate shipping. It will probably be tonight as I am about to go work on the car as its 65 out. First time in months I will not need the garage door closed, space heater and 4 layers on to work on it.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Nice deal Scott I think I'll try hard to get in on this if it's within a month or so.. Don't mark me down yet but I'll definitely keep you posted. And yeah my question was pretty much how long will I go without a wheel in my car, lol. I'd like to retain my stock wheel if at all possible, but I'll let you know as the date closes in man. This is totally awesome by the way, kudos for sure

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I did the redline.. it was a nice piece.. I'm actually about to try the wheelskin one. When I get home in 3 weeks.. my only complaint about redline is the padding.. there is no way the padding is worth 50 dollars. No other complains tho..

xs man 27

Reaction score
I have a spare 03 04 cobra steering wheel I am looking to get re wrapped with thumb rests and perforated black leather n poss black leather two tone.. lmk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I did the redline.. it was a nice piece.. I'm actually about to try the wheelskin one. When I get home in 3 weeks.. my only complaint about redline is the padding.. there is no way the padding is worth 50 dollars. No other complains tho..

Not worth the feel or the amount of work done? I love my padding...

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I like the feel. It's not hard work. But it's like 10 dollars worth of padding if that. It's just a sheet of adhesive foam padding cut in too four different shapes. You glue it on and trim it.

Caboose302

Reaction score
Once we find out about shipping I'll be in. Depends on if the savings will offset the shipping. Otherwise I'll just get it off the site and get free shipping.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sorry for the delay on this folks. My chrones has been flairing up this week and driving me nuts. I want nothing more then to do this and then to finish my drivers side door handle but instead I am in the hospital sucking off an iv. Same stuff different day. I will be here at lest for the weekend.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online