Two piece or one piece headlight?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have yet to know any state that allows for the tint to go down more than 6 or 8" on the windshield no matter how light. I had a buddy that did it back in the say on his old RX7. You could not see inside that car during the day and hardly see out of it at night, at least till he got pulled over 2x in 3 days for window tint violations.
Truth

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
a quick google search for "Texas window tint laws" says "Windshield: 25% VLT tint is allowed above the manufacturer's AS-1 line or top 5 inches, with less than 25% reflection. Front Side windows: Must allow more than 25% of light in. Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used. Rear Window: Any darkness can be used with side outside mirrors, 25% VLT without."
Thanks for that

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
So what is you all’s experience with led light bulbs? Like if I get smoked headlights and then add the led bulbs will that make the light output better? Are they reliable? What brand/s do you all recommend?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Most of us will not recommend using a HID/LED unless you do a projector retrofit to do it right. If its a car you drive at night regularly I would steer you away from the smoked lens and go with one with a black background instead. The smoked lens cuts down on the output pretty bad

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
I don’t like the way projectors look. I’ll keep looking for black background or clear lens lights.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I don’t like the way projectors look. I’ll keep looking for black background or clear lens lights.

I can understand you don’t like them for aesthetic reasons.

I’ve had all sorts of lights on this car and projectors are BY FAR superior to all else.

238AA17E-1D3B-40F7-B647-91A2B1174E71.jpeg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the rest of the people facing you when driving do not like the look of HID/LED in standard housings blinding them. As he said you get a much better light output both in terms of amount of light thrown as well as how it controls it to keep it out of others eyes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online