Updating the stock look of my gauge pod

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Took cues from other members here and decided to pick up another gauge pod and get a set of chrome trim gauge rings, scuff 'em and paint them a satin silver to match my AC & temp knobs

Also picked up another gauge bezel and painted it 93-95 Opal Gray bought from LMR.

Going to swap out with my current stuff later this afternoon

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Oops, sorry about that. Yes, I swapped the gray painted bezel in, but it didn't quite match my current interior. Maybe because my interior is 22 years old or not, the new painted bezel is a tad darker. That kind of stuff bugs me. My wife thought that even though it was off, she like the symmetry. I rolled like this for a couple days, then switched the bezel back to the original black one. I think I like the black one better - what do you think?

Original setup, face painted a BMW silver. Bought this, maybe 8-10 years ago?

New with gray bezel:

New with black bezel:

Lights on:

I think that I will switch back to the gray bezel and swap out the current gray steering wheel to the black one I bought from Ferocious a while back. I think it would help break up the gray. Seems like a bit too much gray.
I'll give that a try this coming long weekend and see what I think. I'll post up pics when I get it all changed over.

Overall, I like the gauge rings in there, especially after I painted them, they match the heater & AC knobs really well. I have a matching headlight knob, but it seems like too much to me.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I personally like the black cluster with silver/satin gauge rings. I also kind of like the opal gray cluster bezel, to me it matches the airbag on the passenger side. It looks nice :)

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
I personally like the black cluster with silver/satin gauge rings. I also kind of like the opal gray cluster bezel, to me it matches the airbag on the passenger side. It looks nice :)
Thanks. I like the black cluster & rings better.
After looking at the picture, I like how it matches the other side too, but am so used to having the black bezel there. I'll swap things around and try the black steering wheel out for some contrast this coming weekend and see what I think about it

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the grey bezel. I thought about doing it for a long time but could never bring myself to do it. Will def do it if I ever get another grey interior car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online