V6 Superchargers

Discussion in '94-04 - V6 Specific' started by V6 Wannabe, Mar 11, 2006.

1. V6 Wannabe

V6 Wannabe New Member

I was lookin into gettin a supercharger for my car and stumbled across the Procharger. Allegedly it brings the HP from stock to 270 at 11PSI. Is this safe on a stock block? Ive heard the v6 blocks are tough but i'm not sure exactly how tough. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

I'm guessing that is with the intercooler, the ATI kits are very efficient and with a proper tune and the cooler to keep those temps down you should be fine as long as you don't get over greedy with the boost level.

3. Kiljosh

Kiljosh New Member

The key with any type of forced induction is the tune. A good tune will never let you down but a half assed generic will blow your motor...

I have heard the v6 can do 11psi with a good tune. Dont expect it to last very long under hard abuse though. I would aim for a 6-8 psi kit on stock internals for a daily driver.

4. identity_Crisis

identity_Crisis New Member

my procharger is hittin 11psi and will be on the dyno in a week or 2 so i can see what she makes

5. 94gtstang50

94gtstang50 Well-Known Member

I have a stock super coupe blower for sale. Comes with a lower intake manifold, injectors, some pipeing and the harness for it. Not sure if it would work on the stang 3.8 though.

6. identity_Crisis

the sc i s a direct swap to the 3.8's

7. atlantic98stang

atlantic98stang New Member

How much do u want for it???

8. 94gtstang50

like $350 as long as shipping isn't too much. I can take some pics of it for you.

9. atlantic98stang

would it inclue all necessary parts to just bolt it up??? pics would be nice...i might be interested if i dont have to go out and buy anything else for it...

10. 94gtstang50

you need some of the piping for it, but this price is including the lower intake manifold. Its an Eaton blower btw.

11. atlantic98stang

im looking for a complete Eaton m90 with all parts required to bolt it up...thanks though

12. V6Sprout

V6Sprout New Member

the Procharger is a great blower, 270 RWHP is very safe with a good tune, people have up to 450 RWHP on a stock hile mileage motor, so yeah its all in the tune. I have installed all types of blowers on the V6 and the procharger is a good setup, not too hard to install and the intercooler is great.

13. identity_Crisis

i second the procharger i just did mine and well let me tell ya it was a damn joke to install so easy and smooth