Valve Covers that clear aftermarket rockers

bdbowti

Reaction score
Just thought i would post this since i haven't seen these covers listed before. I was searching and searching for quite awhile. I put AFR165's on my car and used these Comp Cams roller rockers

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CCA%2D1052%2D16&autoview=sku

The stock valve covers were hitting in the upper corners on both sides. Now they possibly could have been massaged out but i didn't really want to try. So after searching and searching the one valve cover i have seen listed over and over again as fitting was the Trickflow. Now call me anal but i didn't really want to throw those covers on AFR heads :shakehead but i read somewhere that Summit makes the same versions as Trickflow just with their name on them. so i got these

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SME%2D1105&N=700+4294908331+400304+115&autoview=sku

Half the price of the trickflows and they cleared my rockers. Now i have a 3/8" spacer between my upper and lower intake and without that spacer the intake will not clear these covers. I was going to try and put it on without but it didn't clear. Well any questions let me know i can try and take some pics if anyone wants. I just wanted to post this to add some options for anyone else doing a search for covers.

OP
OP
B

bdbowti

Reaction score
Don't you have to mess with the location of the filler neck on the foxes? they were my next try if the Summit ones didn't work. Just wnated to put some options out there for everyone.

95-stang

Reaction score
Mine cleared ok with NO mods to anything, baffles or otherwise..

2008_0817Image0065.jpg

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
It seems some peaple end up with some trouble with it, but others just need a little fe-nagaling (how ever you spell that word,lol)

snakebit95

Reaction score
FOX covers are the way to go if you are on a budget and want to maintain that stock appearance. You still have to be careful which rocker arm you use. I had interference issued with the large FMS aluminum rockers (blue ones), and switched to Comp Pro-Magnums. The Comp rockers are much lower profile. I had to remove the oil baffles underneath the covers and run the 1/4" thick rubber V/C gasket that Autozone sells. Plenty of clearance with a .625" lift camshaft.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.