Walking Tall's 95 GT build thread.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sounds great.
A piece of tubing and a pipe plug would work fine on the H pipe where the smog pump hose connects. I'm using a low temp clear hose on mine and it hasn't melted yet.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'll see what I can do.
working till 5 today, then I'll have to get it in the air for the pic.
Now that I think about it, I might have a piece that I used when my smog pmp was bypassed. Somewhere... that was 2 years ago. lol

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
No need to get the car in the air. If you could just find a google pic of the type of hose you used. I'm guessing I just need to cut the tubing and leave a small gap.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
YUP that all. maybe 4" of hose , 2 small hose clamps and something to plug the other end of the hose.

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Which part would I need to plug? I've only got one opening on the hpipe and one hose coming down.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ok. then you just need a hose to connect the 2 tubes, and 2 hose clamps. I'll go out and see if I can get a pic.
I've been tempted to pull the smog pump and all the lines off to see if it will still pass emissions.

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Ok. then you just need a hose to connect the 2 tubes, and 2 hose clamps. I'll go out and see if I can get a pic.
I've been tempted to pull the smog pump and all the lines off to see if it will still pass emissions.

My buddy that helped me install suggested looking for a high temp silicone one at Lowe's. The main reason I've thought about leaving the stuff on is for emissions. It'd be awesome to pass with no cats.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
you could probably pass without the smog pump. It's main use is to heat the cats up faster at start up.

I believe with my spout removed, I COULD pass without cats..

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Talked to a guy tonight and I think I'll wait to do the smog pump until I do the GT40 head swap. That way I can get everything out of there and do it the right way.

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Tails are on! My buddy Kevin was able to get them welded and fit perfect.
Sounds 100x better than dumped. I drove it a little today like that and thought it was terrible. This has made it have a much better tone and be a lot more bearable.

image_zpsf2c06ab0.jpg

Ignore him on the video. Haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online