What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I drove my car further today than it has been in 6 yrs! I finally was able to get out and get the alignment done so the steering isn't scary now although there was once or twice when I engaged the clutch to shift I swear I felt the rear end move a bit or something(I am new to suspension issues if this should mean something to me). The motor ran great with the exception that it got up to 230 degrees on the way home. I know my air deflector on the bottom needs to be replaced so I ordered another in hopes that it would be that simple as it seemed like it was getting hot when it was moving(I verified the fan was working and there was coolant in the overflow tank. So it wasn't a great day but I could call it a good day as now I can take it out and shake out the next gremlins that need to be worked out. I hope they are not big ones....

I have to say it was nice to finally not feel like I was completely invisible like I am driving my beater prius. I did enjoy one moment probably a little too much when I was rolling through our historic downtown area(imagine the stereotypical historic indiana river town) and a hemi charger was rolling through the other way. I could not help but give a rev and I have to say it surprised me that I might have given it a little more than I planned and I am sure it surprised him...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t do shit to my car today. Back home in the south

7ee916e3c943bcfa37d9bc58179dc6f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I took it for a couple short drives to get it up to temp and its still slowly drifting higher and higher. Its strange that at first its fine and then after 20 mins then it just seems to keep going up. I am wondering if I need a cooler thermostat or to drill a weep hole in the one I have.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well I took it for a couple short drives to get it up to temp and its still slowly drifting higher and higher. Its strange that at first its fine and then after 20 mins then it just seems to keep going up. I am wondering if I need a cooler thermostat or to drill a weep hole in the one I have.

Have you verified the Fans are working and if so are they working at the proper speeds???

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Have you verified the Fans are working and if so are they working at the proper speeds???

I have verified they are working but I have not checked speeds yet. My laptop crapped out on me this week and started typing XZXZXXZXZ over everything and I had to order a new one. Now I am trying to figure out the correct version/build of the software I need to access it again. After checking that out if they are good I am tempted to try a weep hole in the thermostat since it would only cost a couple of hours and a gasket.

Werecow

Reaction score
Got the top end all slickered up with Ultra Slick yesterday, today I re-blocked the back end of the car to get a lil more clearance and make it a lil more steady. IMG_20201022_181523903.jpg
Then I put the rocker covers back on and topped it off with quality grade A oil!! IMG_20201022_181840030.jpg
I figger since it's a red car it only makes sense to make the oil red, and you use type F red oil in a Ford right??
Hopefully if I'm able to tomorrow I plan on pulling the dizzy and putting a drill to the oil pump and see if we get good oil pressure and what the oil looks like after circulating it for a bit.. if it's shagnasty... I may dump it full of kerosene and give it a good washing out... Change filters then wash it out some more... I just hope the danm oil pump shaft doesn't fall off when I pull the dizzy.... (Figners crossed!!)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
crazy day, I went for a drive. It looks like the cooling system is working now, so on to the next gremlin. When I am driving and I shift from 2 - 3 as soon as I engage the clutch I feel the back end of the car shift or twitch for lack of a better term. It only does it for a split sec and not enough to make me loose control by any means but its not confidence inspiring by any means. I have had everything out of the car from the K to the rear end now and I have no idea where in between I have a problem. Any ideas?

apsmith49921

Reaction score
crazy day, I went for a drive. It looks like the cooling system is working now, so on to the next gremlin. When I am driving and I shift from 2 - 3 as soon as I engage the clutch I feel the back end of the car shift or twitch for lack of a better term. It only does it for a split sec and not enough to make me loose control by any means but its not confidence inspiring by any means. I have had everything out of the car from the K to the rear end now and I have no idea where in between I have a problem. Any ideas?
How are your control arms and all the bushings in the back?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Werecow

Reaction score
Stupid question, but I know you greased all the bushings with that grease for poly bushings right? Your not getting any kind of popping noise or anything are ya??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online