What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there was NOTHING on tv tonight so I found myself out in the garage doing some polishing here/there and decided to get some night shots. I have been putting the rest of the interior back together and took the seat covers off for the first time in probably 3-4 yrs to see the leather. I forgot how much I like those seats.
KWC1YwS.jpg

I swear the lighting is not this bright and its just over exposed
gmyBlhQ.jpg

I squeezed in the kindigit handle lit up with the puddle light. It makes me grin every time I disarm the alarm.
AuaafKa.jpg

Connie

Reaction score
I have a buddy that lived in Hiawassee for years. I’m surprised to hear the name come up because it seems like such a small town. Looks beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your right. It is a beautiful place. North Georgia itself is all around great. Helen nearby, is a Bavarian Style town. Dahlonegah, Blue Ridge, Ellijay; and so many little towns are quaint and nice. Can't remember them all though.

Connie

Reaction score
there was NOTHING on tv tonight so I found myself out in the garage doing some polishing here/there and decided to get some night shots. I have been putting the rest of the interior back together and took the seat covers off for the first time in probably 3-4 yrs to see the leather. I forgot how much I like those seats.
KWC1YwS.jpg

I swear the lighting is not this bright and its just over exposed
gmyBlhQ.jpg

I squeezed in the kindigit handle lit up with the puddle light. It makes me grin every time I disarm the alarm.
AuaafKa.jpg
I LOVE 2 toned seats. Nice trick lighting you got there.

Connie

Reaction score
Huh I guess you learn something new every day. I’d love to go visit one of these shows especially during fall. I haven’t seen real fall (South Florida doesn’t have anything other than summer lol) in a long time. I’d love to see the trees change color and see the mountains. I was actually talking about a trip to the Carolinas earlier with my gf and she was on board. Maybe not this year but next year.

I’ve heard New Mexico is beautiful especially in the winter and has some nice national parks. I have an aunt in Arizona that I might have to pay a visit lol.

We moved up to Acworth, Georgia 22 years ago, from Ft. Myers, SW Fla. Never regretted a day. Yeah, the middle of summer July and August gets uncomfortable at times, but we get breaks too, during the Summer. The rest of the year my wife and I both love the weather. Even winter is moderate, but gets pretty cold at times too. But, we love it here. And there's so much close by.

Connie

Reaction score
I finally got the right parts in and I am able to start putting it back together and there is JUST enough room. Very interesting Alternator Cover! That is an Alternator, RIGHT? Or, Supercharger? I like it either way. HA
IbeEQ7o.jpg

Werecow

Reaction score
Axtually did stuff today!!! Worked really hard and got quite a lot accomplished!! Even was a daredevil and worked under my car on a gravel driveway!!!!! Ooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!! Details on my build thread Cherry Bomb!!! Read if you dare!!!

07GtS197

Reaction score
We moved up to Acworth, Georgia 22 years ago, from Ft. Myers, SW Fla. Never regretted a day. Yeah, the middle of summer July and August gets uncomfortable at times, but we get breaks too, during the Summer. The rest of the year my wife and I both love the weather. Even winter is moderate, but gets pretty cold at times too. But, we love it here. And there's so much close by.

Wow what a small world I live in Naples. It’s been a great place to grow up but damn these summers are getting too much. If I wasn’t getting a good job here soon I’d move up to either upstate Georgia or the Piedmont area of North Carolina. I’m sure it wouldn’t take much convincing for my gf because she wants to move out of state anyway lol.

Connie

Reaction score
Wow what a small world I live in Naples. It’s been a great place to grow up but damn these summers are getting too much. If I wasn’t getting a good job here soon I’d move up to either upstate Georgia or the Piedmont area of North Carolina. I’m sure it wouldn’t take much convincing for my gf because she wants to move out of state anyway lol.

Funny, back in the early '80s, Naples was part of my Beer Route. From Bonita Springs, all the way to Royal Palm Hammock. GOSH, I hated it.

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Looked at the seals above the rear passenger window where the drip was spotted.

All looks Ok but I've plugged a hole anyway to see what happens - can't see where else it would be getting in at the moment...

Strange thing is, it's under the roof line so I just don't get it - gravity says it shouldn't leak where it is...

img.jpg

TMW

apsmith49921

Reaction score
The Garage Floor looks smooth, and NICELY cured. How much more hard work is left?
Lots of work left. Right now I'm making it water tight. Next after that will be some sort of insulation. I think I've already run out of budget for this month though lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

07GtS197

Reaction score
Funny, back in the early '80s, Naples was part of my Beer Route. From Bonita Springs, all the way to Royal Palm Hammock. GOSH, I hated it.

That’s before my time but I know there was nothing here back then. This place has changed so much in my life it’s crazy.

Connie

Reaction score
Lots of work left. Right now I'm making it water tight. Next after that will be some sort of insulation. I think I've already run out of budget for this month though lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah, a Steel Building does need Insulation. But, Steel is more cost effective.

Werecow

Reaction score
Boom!! And that's how you get that done!!! Gnna have to wait a day or so to get it back in, I wore meself out just getting the danm thing out!! IMG_20201006_143740566.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201006_143740566.jpg
    IMG_20201006_143740566.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 7

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Disaster. Not the Mustang, but the Jaguar X-Type.

Took it for it's MoT today - sills were worse than I thought and also the floorplan - quote from the tester "it needs a bloody lot of welding".

Waiting for the bodywork guy to assess it and give his views. Prediction could be £600-£800 - maybe more...

So I've just contacted the insurers for the Mustang and upped the annual agreed mileage by 1,000. Although I've got less than 2-months left to renewal, I've got a couple of longer trips for work, alas.

TMW

Last edited:

Werecow

Reaction score
Got steering shaft installed on Friday. Sorry so late to post.. wasn't as bad putting it back in as I thought it was gnna be. Sorry didn't get pics, sorta had my hands full at the time. Used a lil antiseize on the upper and lower ends to help it with getting it started. Slid the top part in, then left the steering wheel free so I could get the bottom part lined up. Once it was lined up with the flat on the steering rack I get it started just a bit then tightened up the steering rack back down and was able to lever the shaft down the rest of the way with a prybar then tighten everything down.. Some of you will wanna question the flat part on the steering rack? That's the difference between a foxbody steering rack and a sn-95 steering rack.. the steering rack on a foxbody has a flat spot and splines where the steering shaft attaches to it, the sn-95 rack has all splines and no flat spot! Now you can't tell the difference between them just by looking incase you are getting one that's not on the car!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online