What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

apsmith49921

Reaction score
everything is brand new the question is if I installed it correctly.
Was it torqued with a load on it all? Only issue I could see with the install. I feel confident in your ability to place a bushing in a hole with grease lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Werecow

Reaction score
Only reason I asked that is it's the simple things that often trip us up, if the bushings were dry at any contact points they would act like they were in a bind in certain positions, like when unloaded, then loaded during a gear change. The same thing may be happening if the bolts weren't torqued when the suspension was loaded. Something you may try is contacting the airbag manufacturer and see if they have any ideas.. I'm not really familiar with air suspension setups, and there may be something in the pressure?? Not enough?? Too much?? Idk... Often we seem to try and overcomplicate things when we try to troubleshoot things like this and overlook all the simple, small things that it could be.. Start simple and go from there..

Werecow

Reaction score
Ok I see the lower arms you got, did you put grease on the sides of the bushings when you put the lower arms in and torque the bolts when the suspension had the weight on it? What about the upper control arms? Are they tubular as well?

Werecow

Reaction score
Meanwhile back in VA...... I pulled my inner fender liner out so's I could run new fuel lines down on the passenger side of Cherry Bomb. As it's a 4cyl car the original lines pop up on the rong side and I need to fix that cause fuel lines and a lotta lectric wires don't mix well!!IMG_20201023_142449605.jpg
IMG_20201023_142519107.jpg
I'll do the underside work later, I'm just using simple fuel hose for now just to get it going, I'll upgrade to better hose when I need to. IMG_20201023_142502029_HDR.jpg

In other news, I did block off both ends because we are currently suffering from an invasion of stynk bugs in the area... In my driveway alone the head count is up to 5,398,472,983.. and they keep on making more...

Werecow

Reaction score
Addendum for today!!! Getting shit done before all the rain hits like we're supposed to get!! Finally got brave enough to pop the distributor off and believe it or not, it came right out easy as you please!IMG_20201023_161243728_HDR.jpg
I'll keep it around just in case I sell the engine to someone else, cause the new one I got will fit either a 351M/400 or a 429/460 so that's gravy.. Here's a shot of the old one...IMG_20201023_154406919.jpg
Yeh!! I know points!! One of the major reasons I got a new one!! Anyhoooooo.... Popped a drill on the oil pump and with 1 qt of type F tranny fluid and 5 qts of 10/30 here's the oil pressure.... IMG_20201023_155316418.jpg

Yeah!!! I know right??? I was gobsmacked!!! That really impressed me on how good the pressure held on it!! Good sign even tho it looked shagnasty inside that's really encouraging!! I think one of my next moves with the engine when I get time is to pop the rocker covers off one at a time and spin it up to make sure all the pushrods are oiling up like they are supposed to...

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I found the lower control arm mounts were tight, but not tight enough and there were signs by the bolts that the bracket had been moving 1/4-3/8". I got it all tightened up, I fixed the camber problem on the drivers side front and even tightened up my oil pressure sender that had a slight leak. Of course I got all that done just in time for the sky to open up and for the rain to POUR down. Tomorrow maybe a test drive that I am not afraid of the back end so much.
o2swt7A.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
So now that the ass isn't twitchin, the brakes are :) under moderate braking the front passenger side will make a noise that I am not sure how to describe. It isn't a grinding more like a pulsing and I confirmed its not locking up when it does this. I replaced the hub on that side before and I wonder if it isn't tight enough even though I know I went and got a torque wrench to get it to the 250 ft/lbs I think it was. My plan tomorrow is to get it back in the air and see if I can push/pull/move the wheel at all and after that remove it, inspect and bleed the system again. Any other suggestions?

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Got another litre of so of water out of the back carpet after the torrent of rain we had last night.

It was both sides this time.

I still have no idea where it's getting in...

TMW

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Got another litre of so of water out of the back carpet after the torrent of rain we had last night.

It was both sides this time.

I still have no idea where it's getting in...

TMW

Time to build a garage for that poor car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
check the seal around the windshield and it doesn't smell like coolant by any chance does it?

I jacked mine up today and bled 3/4 of the baer's and tightened some shtuff up here/there. I have a couple of things to do tomorrow just in time for rain for the next 3 days to wait to drive it. I am also considering adding an oil level sensor but I don't want to wait for the parts and I don't think anyone in town carries it.
c8xvRSE.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online

No members online now.