What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea I am not sure he knows what he is getting into. He has the cash and LOVES to have the latest/greatest LOOK AT ME what ever it is. He doesn't keep his cars all that long and by the sound of it this one will be shorter than normal. He had a nice porshe but after a rock took out his radiator(to the tune of $2500) and then the next week the windshield caught another rock and he was out $800. Now it sounds like an update is going to be the pebble that takes him out...

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
yea I am not sure he knows what he is getting into. He has the cash and LOVES to have the latest/greatest LOOK AT ME what ever it is. He doesn't keep his cars all that long and by the sound of it this one will be shorter than normal. He had a nice porshe but after a rock took out his radiator(to the tune of $2500) and then the next week the windshield caught another rock and he was out $800. Now it sounds like an update is going to be the pebble that takes him out...

sheesh! If this is the case, better NOT buy a Tesla. If he does, all of CA will burn! ...then where will we get support?

joe65

Reaction score
Turns out it takes 3 regular metal sawzall blades and about half of a Milwaukee torch blade to cut through a Moroso wheel stud if anyone was curious...:(

sounds like the shit i go through on my car. tends to have rusty bolts that have to be cut out also.

EV ...interesting. I was really big on going electric last year but find myself not that interested this year. We bitch about all the sensors on newer fuel cars and its not that often the ecu has issues. I can only imagine when the geniuses in California have an update to the computer in a Tesla how much fun that can be.

Last edited:

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
EV ...interesting. I was really big on going electric last year but find myself not that interested this year. We bitch about all the sensors on newer fuel cars and its not that often the ecu has issues. I can only imagine when the geniuses in California have an update to the computer in a Tesla how much fun that can be.

my husband is currently in the process of turning a 1955 GMC pickup into an EV. ...because WTF was Tesla thinking with their truck?!? It should be pretty simple. EV Motor, a transmission plate, and a bunch of Nissan leaf batteries. Range might not be up to 2020s standard, but, does it need to be? I see a future where these kits will be cheaper and simpler. But before the Tesla, we had a brand new Chevy Volt. There was no over the air updates, so I was constantly bringing the car in for recalls. I mean, I guess I can’t be mad, because GM was notorious for NOT issuing recalls. One time, on the way back from recall work, I got a call from the dealer... ...they wanted me back for another recall!!! I had just left 15 minutes ago!!! :mad:

This was our first and only brand new car, and it felt like an artifact from the future. Moreso than the Tesla, but our Tesla was 2 years older than the Volt when we got it, AND unchanged since 2011, so... ...yeah. But in those short two years (car was worth more trading it in early, which we only did because it was a lease) It was involved in a severe hail storm where most cars effected were totaled. So for 3 months we were all crammed in the mustang, as it became the family car since we didn’t want to pay for a rental. But that body shop had so many problems due to how much technology was crammed into it. You pretty much can’t even change a bumper cover without having a special tool to deactivate and reactivate sensors. I fear that cars have become so advanced that I’m now that old guy who complains about fuel injection, promoting old fashion carburetion, because “you can work on those.”

We own 7 vehicles. Only one is from this century. We have this one, whichever that may be, to be the dependable vehicle that we don’t have to worry about. The second newest is my mustang, which most sane people would have gotten rid of a long time ago, feeling like THAT wasn’t reliable. So when the 21st century dependable daily has a problem, it become more of an irritant since the whole purpose of ownership was not to have a problem. 94 mustang has a problem, well, it’s a 26yo 192k mileage ford, so it’s forgivable.

joe65

Reaction score
yeah i like the idea of the kits better also and there's lots more of those going around now.

Reaction score
yeaaa... you can help with heater core stuff on my car, josef. its not broken, im just choosing you for the job lol

and the last few days ive been stripping the car of its livery and decals so its basically all black again

this is in prep for the new design/livery, but ill keep it black for a little bit

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
yeaaa... you can help with heater core stuff on my car, josef. its not broken, im just choosing you for the job lol

and the last few days ive been stripping the car of its livery and decals so its basically all black again

this is in prep for the new design/livery, but ill keep it black for a little bit

Im your guy.

Werecow

Reaction score
K, lots of catching up here on Cherry Bomb... I've done a lotta stuff. To make it a lot shorter an easier to explain I'll have to do it w pics an may have to break it into several posts. Please bear w me... K, I got new cables for electric system cause old shit was well... Shit.. new ground cable and got a #4 guages for the alternator in prep for 3G conversion. IMG_20201126_160307401.jpg
IMG_20201126_160200165.jpg

Installed new dizzy and guages, got to cheat a lil on the oil pressure gauge cause I just tapped into the existing copper line after I blew it out w WD-40 to make sure it was clear..IMG_20201128_150331011_HDR.jpg IMG_20201128_131027761.jpg

After installing the dizzy I noticed one small problem....20201217_1856367373.jpg

This happened..... So I had to pull the cap and rotor button off till I was able to get the wires lined out on it as at this time it was the end of a day and I was shagged out and couldn't do any more.. K, after a few days of rest waiting on weather take your pick.. I did this...IMG_20201128_184128521.jpg
IMG_20201205_170726123.jpg

Over nite soak in Simple Green lemon scented does wonders for cleaning gunk off a nassassty carb!! I'mma break it here and go for a part 2... Stay w me if you wanna...

Werecow

Reaction score
Cherry Bomb first fire... Maybe????

Sooo got the carb back on as y'all can see here...IMG_20201209_154647075_HDR.jpg
Some of the more observant of you may have noticed the 90 deg elbow on the carb fuel line... That's cause of the frakkin huge distributor!!! K next... Needed to clean out the nasty radiator... Got that covered too!! IMG_20201210_132749789_HDR.jpg

Any questions, just ask, if you wanna do it, MASK UP THE FUMES CAN SRSLY MESS UP YOUR LUNGS!!! Anyhoooooo it did a great job!! Next plugs and plug wires... IMG_20201210_164453520.jpg

BTW, the big round black thing right above the no 8 plug you're looking at, that's the brake booster....

IMG_20201211_164819178.jpg
I kinda lucked up on the plug wires, I was able to reuse the wires from my 460 after I got the firing order fixed. Found out 351M and 460 have a different firing order so that was a blast getting the wires all lined out. Finally got all the wiring lined out, made sure the hot I had for the fuel pump had a fusable link on it. Heat shrink on all connections.. fuel lines hooked up pressure set.. ready for the big moment... Please do bear in mind, this engine has not cranked up in almost 11 years!!! I did record it.. this was the very first try, not after several attempts....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ByEHDUSamsdUvjBXA

After this I did discover one plug wire wasn't on good, and I think the intake manifold gasket is leaking from underneath, thus causing the low vacuum. The timing chain also has almost 1 in of slack in it as well, found this when I had the old fuel pump out... But, given all that... After almost 11 years.... And the next day we went out and hit the gas about 5 times.... She lit right off!!!

/Me takes a bow.....

Last edited:

Werecow

Reaction score
Already got a line on one, buuuuuttt... At the same time I've also found an intake and a 600 holley I could drop on it when I do the intake gasket for the same price... Dunno which one I would rather get right now tho... Gotta remember what kinda shape my k-member is in...

nitroram33

Reaction score
Got 8 more wheel studs installed successfully. The 9th one decided that the lug nut was going to cross thread again so I get to cut another one off... Good think I ordered another five pack!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online

No members online now.