RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
If you can get that decal off without destroying it go for it
Keep in mind you can't get those they were signed by the team engine builders
I can still read mine its in hand writing

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
Hated to do it, but I cleaned her up, waxed her, conditioned the leather and put her under the covers for the season.

07GtS197

Reaction score
White, how do you like the 11-14 seats? I hate the stock 05-09 seats, and the headrests don’t help at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07GtS197

Reaction score
The basic seat is very similar but has better side bolstering.

I’m thinking of swapping in s550 seats when I get my 07 back on the road. The bolstering is great and the headrest is actually useable unlike the s197 ones that point to the front of the car lol.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Nah that’s too much work. People on 6g have complained about the cooling feature because apparently the controller heats up the seat which defeats the purpose of it. I like the heater in my 07 though, the seats are leather and get so damn cold sometimes so it’s nice to turn them on and warm your ass up lol.

nitroram33

Reaction score
Knocked the studs out of the new Timken front hub assemblies so I could install the Moroso 3" studs. Turns out the new Timkens might have slightly smaller holes for the studs and the second one I went to install stripped the threads on the nut and is now stuck. Apparently, my dad had the Milwaukee impact set on the highest setting (over 1000 lb-ft) and the cheap lug nut wasn't a fan lol...

nitroram33

Reaction score
Knocked the studs out of the new Timken front hub assemblies so I could install the Moroso 3" studs. Turns out the new Timkens might have slightly smaller holes for the studs and the second one I went to install stripped the threads on the nut and is now stuck. Apparently, my dad had the Milwaukee impact set on the highest setting (over 1000 lb-ft) and the cheap lug nut wasn't a fan lol...

Turns out it takes 3 regular metal sawzall blades and about half of a Milwaukee torch blade to cut through a Moroso wheel stud if anyone was curious...:(

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yesterday I went out and needed to remove the wheel to get to some wiring behind it but I could not find the wheel lock key to remove the lug nuts. I went as far as cleaning the garage and then as far as emptying drawers that it might have rolled off the top of the box and fell into. I spent 2 hours looking for it and I could not find it even though I was 99% sure I put it in the car so I would have it if I needed it but after cleaning the car I could not find it. Today I went to take a piss and I do not even remember aiming the stream as it hit me and I was in a hurry to finish and go look in the drivers door pocket. JACKPOT!!! I am going to paint that SOB some kind of neon color....

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I had to take our Tesla Model S to the service center because it’s been having boot up issues and Sunday told me that it may not restart. Because it’s a tech company, Tesla has very few loaners and outsource most of it to über, where they give you a voucher. Being a woman, alone, at night, during a pandemic, I opted to wait for my husband to pick me up in my car. So, a family of 3 loaded up in my trusty 26yo Ford, that easily can be repaired at home, and drove 45 minutes back. The mustang gets driven maybe once a week, but when it is, it damn well proves it’s worth.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my friend just announced he is getting a model x. I had wondered how that all works since the nearest dealer for us is 2.5 hours away from us and the way he drives his vehicles they tend to end up at the dealer.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
my friend just announced he is getting a model x. I had wondered how that all works since the nearest dealer for us is 2.5 hours away from us and the way he drives his vehicles they tend to end up at the dealer.

His experience will depend on where he lives and if he plans on buying new or used. Buying used for us was a nightmare. Took 3 months to take delivery, even though the car was local. You can’t buy a Tesla in TX. They have service centers and galleries, but you can’t exactly buy one because the state requires a 3rd party system, in other words, an independent dealer. Despite this, they are everywhere where I live, thus not even a status symbol. You basically are buying a car online, from CA, and then they ship it to you, or rather, their service center... ...where you have an appointment only they can’t find you in the system, and the car isn’t there, even though you’ve basically been in contact with them every day for several months wondering when you can pick up your damn car, and every time they say you’ll get it something happens, like that, or the time the battery was dead because they left the damn thing on a lot for 3 months!!! :mad: If he lives 2.5 hours away, they damn well better deliver to his house... ...something they once did, a few weeks when we were trying to get ours. If there was a car across the country that you wanted, they would ship it to you. They would also even refurbish it to new condition. Now, you put a down payment on a stock photo, and if you don’t like it, have fun trying to use that down payment on another.

If he needs service, they will try to send out a tech to the vehicles location. This is great, unless they start using this as a filtering process where they want to make absolutely sure it’s not something simple... ...which is what happened to us numerous times this summer when the MCU (stupid iPad that controls everything) went out thanks to their own software update. Car was still drivable, but you can’t use the AC, or radio, or navigation, auto braking auto steer cruise control... ...and OMG! turn indicators either?!? So you have this weirdo, in a $80-$100k car with the windows all rolled down, blasting a Bluetooth speaker, with her arm out the window... ...to use hand signals? People do that?

So, if he wants it, he better buy new, but 2.5 hours away? He’s an idiot. I get that he wants it, but... ...yeah. That’s definitely something worth waiting for. Personally, I find the 3, X, and Y ugly. The only thing the X has going for it is the gull wing doors, which are only in the back. If I truly wanted a crossover/SUV, I would get the new Mach E. Ford dealers have got to be more plentiful. It has better styling IMO. But I just can’t get over that 2.5 hour drive... ...could a 200-300 mile range even get him there? And back? I had to take my daughter on two separate occasions 2-2.5 hours away, and took the ol’ mustang instead. Shorter trip would have been cutting it close. 2.5 would require a stop 30 minutes off the main road, only to hope the only charger in that village worked. ...and of course, wait an hour. Ended up renting a car to go to Galveston because we did not trust the accessibility of the planned charging stops, and 6 hours in the mustang, with 3 people isn’t comfortable. That, and luggage space (convertible)

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I’m getting the sense you may love/hate your Tesla.

Don’t all car enthusiasts have a love/hate relationship with their cars?

The car is just too fucking advanced and in some cases too advanced for its own good. I can get into my mustang, turn the ignition, and start the car. With the Tesla, I could leave the car for just a moment, get back in, apply pressure to the brakes, and then nothing. Shift into gear, and then nothing. It may let me drive, but nothing else works until 10-30 minutes into it finally decided to boot up. My Y2K iMac is faster. Oh, and this is after the MCU was replaced. Most days the automotive appliance is great, while others is essentially this:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online