What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

joe65

Reaction score
Hell yeah we did, and it was a blast. I can say that the brakes are worlds better than the stock 13” cobra stuff like I’ve got. It’s good enough to make me consider swapping.

i've been wanting to change mine also. the 13" Cobras just aren't that impressive. Really i don't notice a difference over the stock new edge brakes. i'd like to do the cadillac brembo brake swap.

joe65

Reaction score
i'm just curious if it feels doggish below that 3k rpms or does it just feel really strong above it? I"m back and forth every week about swapping or staying 4.6. i'm working up my 4.6 but just on a stock block for now.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Doggy? You don't notice that a bit. It could perhaps use more gear down low but the 4.10's suit my needs and are a good match for my gear set. Part throttle cruising is simply a breeze and I've never experienced a stock top end 4.6 respond like this. The top end pull gets violent in the lower gears and you better hold on.

joe65

Reaction score
nice, that's what i wanted to hear. Just was curious because the way i've heard it pulls up top , a lot of times that means bottom of the revs is a bit laggy or doggish. Wish i could ride along in yours. I don't know anyone local with a swap car.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I rode in Williams car when it was an automatic and after he manual swapped it. His auto setup felt a bit sluggish (from the passenger seat) compared to the T45 but it did have a 4K (right @lwarrior1016 ) stall.

My car feels just like his.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Though it’s not a swapped car, I can tell you my 17 gt with an mt82 and 3.73s is a great combo. 1st gear is pretty steep to make up for low end torque and keeps you in the powerband with close gearing. I can only imagine what it would feel like in a 3k pound sn95 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe65

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. i was ready to hit the button on buying a eaton swap kit for my 4.6 last week and held off and bought the k member that will work on the coyote. anyways, the eaton kit for the 4.6 is really about what i'd spend doing the coyote swap, so i've been all over the place about it. I guess you guys can relate.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
thanks for the replies. i was ready to hit the button on buying a eaton swap kit for my 4.6 last week and held off and bought the k member that will work on the coyote. anyways, the eaton kit for the 4.6 is really about what i'd spend doing the coyote swap, so i've been all over the place about it. I guess you guys can relate.

LOL Have you read my build thread? We built my 4V and I bought them sold three different blower setups before finally Coyote swapping it.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yup, 4K stall. It felt real good from a dig but anywhere else it felt sluggish. Never did go to the track with it though. The T45 swap made it a whole lot more fun to drive.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think I got a working gas gauge today. At least so far its reading nearly full correctly I guess I will need to put the dash back together and drive it till its empty to test that out.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I am in the middle of tearing the engine out of my cobra , I took it out the other night and it the crazy thing is when you start the car it idles smooth no noises for the first 40 minutes of normal operation then its starts to making a grungy between knock and grinding noise , come out the next day same response 40 minutes later noisy, I even changed the engine oil to different weight , made no difference
so once I get the engine out and apart ill be inspecting it

apsmith49921

Reaction score
How did you re attach the svt emblem on your valve cover after painting? Or did you tape it

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
A freind of mine did them I believe he hydrodiped them powder coat and then last clear coating for the ford decals
The svt he was real careful pulling them up and did the same process Clear coat

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I've been debating on doing the wrinkle blue on mine but people talk about sticking the decal back on. No one I could find had a solid solution

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online