What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

07GtS197

Reaction score
I replaced the pcv valve in my 00 and no more smoke when I rev it, that’s a win. I think I’ve figured out the issue, even though the fuel trims are in the negatives I think it’s a vacuum leak. It has all the signs but I can’t find it. And the poly motor mounts probably don’t help the shaking. I’m not sure if it’s the intake itself or leaky gaskets. With a vacuum gauge hooked up its pretty steady but moves with the rpms so I don’t think it’s leaky intake gaskets. Maybe intake to plenum or tb gaskets. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are missing, the maf didn’t have one just a layer of rtv.

J_lope82

Reaction score
I replaced the pcv valve in my 00 and no more smoke when I rev it, that’s a win. I think I’ve figured out the issue, even though the fuel trims are in the negatives I think it’s a vacuum leak. It has all the signs but I can’t find it. And the poly motor mounts probably don’t help the shaking. I’m not sure if it’s the intake itself or leaky gaskets. With a vacuum gauge hooked up its pretty steady but moves with the rpms so I don’t think it’s leaky intake gaskets. Maybe intake to plenum or tb gaskets. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are missing, the maf didn’t have one just a layer of rtv.
Spray some carb cleaner in the areas you suspect. When the cleaner hits the leak the rpms will change. Just be careful don’t get carb cleaner on the exhaust it can combust.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Spray some carb cleaner in the areas you suspect. When the cleaner hits the leak the rpms will change. Just be careful don’t get carb cleaner on the exhaust it can combust.
Tried it, got nothing. I can hear a hiss too but I can’t pinpoint where it’s coming from. The plenum has two loose vacuum ports and 2 diy ports on the back where nitrous was hooked up by the po. I think I’m going to replace the plenum anyway.

J_lope82

Reaction score
Do you know someone with a smoke leak detector? Or try to locate one so you can pump smoke and see where it comes out.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I went from this
yNtiRXq.jpg

to this

If anyone wants one of their own car or a friends for a gift let me know and we can make it happen.

J_lope82

Reaction score
Installed a new ignition key lock cylinder. No code had try one by one until I got the right one. But the detent ball and spring were a little bit of a pain in the butt. Also installed a new headlight switch, It was the original one.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Installed a new ignition key lock cylinder. No code had try one by one until I got the right one. But the detent ball and spring were a little bit of a pain in the butt. Also installed a new headlight switch, It was the original one.
did you get it rekeyed to the old key or are you carrying two now?

J_lope82

Reaction score
I kept the old key because I didn’t want to be carrying around two different keys. I purchased a motorcraft brand cylinder by itself with no key. It’s feels much smoother seems to be of better quality. The previous owner had installed a China made cheap one that was all loose and would turn accessories on without the key.

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Well, still have the front end clunk. The front sway bar bushings look ok. Maybe shock mounts? Or bad shocks themselves? Not sure at this point, and I don't want to go throwing money at it if I can help it. I'll check to see if the sway bar bushing bolts are loose (the bushings themselves look ok), but it sounds more prominent on the passenger front. Not as pronounced on the drivers side...

Hey fellas, finally found the culprit for the front end clunk! The sway bar bushings looked ok to the naked eye, but upon sway bar removal and bushing inspection, they are toast! I have some polyurethane bushings and end link bushings coming in next week. This should solve my metal on metal clunking noise. And it was definitely the passenger side with the more worn out bushing.

Attachments

• IMG_8570.JPG
    IMG_8570.JPG
    380.5 KB · Views: 4

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Has anyone used the second port on the oil filter housing to install an oil temp gauge? I believe the thread pitch is 1/4 NPT. Can anyone confirm this? The kit I'm looking at has a 1/8-27 NPT sensor fitting.

Attachments

• IMG_8571.JPG
    IMG_8571.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8572.JPG
    IMG_8572.JPG
    254.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Removed front calipers. Taking them for powder coat Monday. Should be ready Wednesday, +/- a day either way.31E08101-25AD-442D-AC64-3EE28F6609BC.jpeg

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Yes I will be putting this engine back together so yes I will put out pictures
I am rebuilding this engine for a friend
That really needs the help
Tough times do happen

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I will be putting this engine back together so yes I will put out pictures
I am rebuilding this engine for a friend