Legend
Reaction score
they make the kit for 05 up with 4.0
and I know I have seen some kits for 94 up
I was going to do one for my 98

Monday

Reaction score
Ignition Coil Capacitors

Looked for 'em but they're sooo pricey - First, I went to the FORD Store. Tech didn't know what they're off. Then the Ford guy wanted 25 bucks a piece - have in a week 'or so' - that doesn't fly - 'or so'.

Went to wrecking yard. Three fat bastards too busy and couldn't pull their thumbs outta their asses. I really wish I could just get into junkyards again... do this shit myself.

Went to NAPA - they're great, but kid couldn't find anything - really...

Went to the Guys who did my motor mounts asked one of them, showed him "I know what they are." Big ass smile on his face. He told me go round back and check the old pile of motors they had. "Lemme know if you find anything for shits and giggles."

I found two motors that had one left on them each. He didn't charge me for them either.

Radio noise is gone, and maybe it's just me, seems to running a little better now as well.

Cheers sn95ers

old/new/new

Attachments

• Pld_Caps.jpg
    Pld_Caps.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 16
  • newcap1.jpg
    newcap1.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 16
  • newcap2.jpg
    newcap2.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 16

J_lope82

Reaction score
Ignition Coil Capacitors

Looked for 'em but they're sooo pricey - First, I went to the FORD Store. Tech didn't know what they're off. Then the Ford guy wanted 25 bucks a piece - have in a week 'or so' - that doesn't fly - 'or so'.

Went to wrecking yard. Three fat bastards too busy and couldn't pull their thumbs outta their asses. I really wish I could just get into junkyards again... do this shit myself.

Went to NAPA - they're great, but kid couldn't find anything - really...

Went to the Guys who did my motor mounts asked one of them, showed him "I know what they are." Big ass smile on his face. He told me go round back and check the old pile of motors they had. "Lemme know if you find anything for shits and giggles."

I found two motors that had one left on them each. He didn't charge me for them either.

Radio noise is gone, and maybe it's just me, seems to running a little better now as well.

Cheers sn95ers

old/new/new
What are they noise suppressors?

dwcopple

Reaction score
Quick detailed behind the tires on the paint, waxed the front Fenders, vacuumed the interior, put the top up and buffed the rear window, cleaned the front windshield.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I want to buy one of those so bad..... Looks awesome and I bet it sounds and runs like a beast.
If you do go with a kenny bell talk to Mike only one Mike there
Tell him John sent you
You'll get some good deals good group of people in that company

Last edited:

J_lope82

Reaction score
Get ready for some added nvh with those suckers. They aren’t bad but you’ll definitely get more vibrations than before.
I already had some nvh due to the completely worn out previous mounts. With the mew mounts it is now a little smoother than before. I did notice there are still some vibration but not as bad. I’m going to change out my mufflers from flowmasters to magnaflow that should help. The previous owner had a custom exhaust made while the engine was sitting lower due to the worn out mounts. Now that the engine is back up higher one of the pipes is touching the trans cross mount. Also before the passenger side o2 sensor would touch the body and make noise. That’s gone. I went ahead and installed o2 sensor as well.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I already had some nvh due to the completely worn out previous mounts. With the mew mounts it is now a little smoother than before. I did notice there are still some vibration but not as bad. I’m going to change out my mufflers from flowmasters to magnaflow that should help. The previous owner had a custom exhaust made while the engine was sitting lower due to the worn out mounts. Now that the engine is back up higher one of the pipes is touching the trans cross mount. Also before the passenger side o2 sensor would touch the body and make noise. That’s gone. I went ahead and installed o2 sensor as well.
Oh good. Yeah my passenger side header put the o2 sensor almost into the floorboard. Sometimes when it’s hot it’ll tap the floor at idle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online