What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Got some plastic hung to section off the garage. I was having trouble heating and keeping moisture down in an 1800 sq ft uninsulated space... Go figure. Got a 32x 24 area now it's working well I can have it 60 degree and be comfy. This summer I'm going to insulate all of it with foam board. Ceiling will get 4 inch thick board and walls get 1.5 inch. Should cost about 3k I think with some lumber and a scissor lift rental. Also I'll probably toss a hand full more bay lights in.

Attachments

• 20230121_144827.jpg
    20230121_144827.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230121_144823.jpg
    20230121_144823.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 5

b1pig

Reaction score
Double wrenched my driveshaft bolts into submission and noticed the pinions seal has a leak.

Super.
If that leak isnt bad, I'd just wipe it off and monitor it. That loose drive shaft and associated vibration easily could have been enough to allow seepage.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
If that leak isnt bad, I'd just wipe it off and monitor it. That loose drive shaft and associated vibration easily could have been enough to allow seepage.

Good thinking. I’ve never noticed anything on the ground. That is something that has crossed my mind. Also noted that it had puked out of the vent tube.

b1pig

Reaction score
Had a break in the weather. Thought I'd go out and swap out the rear view mirror that I've had sitting on my table for a couple of months. The tab came off the windshield and took a small piece of glass with it.

Annoyed.
Time to let it sit for a little longer....

weendoggy

Reaction score
Good thinking. I’ve never noticed anything on the ground. That is something that has crossed my mind. Also noted that it had puked out of the vent tube.
Are you getting it that hot to puke, or maybe too full? Just sayin'.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
How in the f did you get the seal in lol
I typically put them in by tapping around the seal with a small rubber hammer. I’ve also used pvc plumbing caps in various sizes to install seals. Take the seal to Home Depot and size it up against some pvc caps, get the one that fits.

J_lope82

Reaction score
I actually had an air drill handle that the hole was exactly the same diameter as the seal and well it has a handle so it worked perfectly. I held it from the handle while I tapped it with the rubber mallet. It was easy I guess I got lucky lol.

joemomma

Reaction score
Got started on the front speaker replacement and Mach460 tweeter pod fab. I got the 5.25s in the doors replaced and the pods shaved down enough (I think) to fit without hacking up the door panel. I haven't done a test fit yet. In my mind, the pods are cheaper and easier to source than door panels should I foul something up. I just took my Dremel with a cutoff wheel and cut the bottom portion of the pods off. Cut may be a stretch, it was really just melting the plastic lol. I think my pods are from a newer year than my '94, as the mounting holes are a little different. It looks like there is one spot I can get a screw in, and maybe some double-sided tape along with it. I'm thinking that will hold them. I've seen installs where they transfer over the metal clip/insert, but I can't see a good way to make that work.
I've got some ABS ordered to make a mounting plate for the new tweeters in the pods. The Mach tweeters/mids were pretty good size, much bigger than the RF tweeters I'm replacing them with.

joemomma

Reaction score
Swung by the toolroom to see if they had any scrap ABS laying around. Closest thing they had was some plexiglass, which would be too thick for what I've got in mind.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Blows my mind that Hoosier will make a great tire and charge you a nice fee and then give you the worst looking letter spray paint job lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online