What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Did you clean the connection prior to this, sand the paint/dirt off? when I added a ground to mine, I used one of the bolts that holds the starter on. NOTHING in the car draws current like the starter and it never made sense to me to have the ground on the ther side of the block on the 5.0 at least. It is also easy to get to with shorty headers on.
The block is a huge lump of metal and has very low resistance. A ground on either side of the engine is fine as long as it's clean, tightly fastened on both ends, is gauged according to the total current passing through, and the chassis side of the ground has a lot of meat to it (not a thin piece of sheet metal).

b1pig

Reaction score
Fixed my stereo. Removed factory amp. Finished version 1 of the amp wiring. Next, I'll probably build a box for my sub. Should be a blast.

Went for a drive. Turned some heads. Ole raggedy thang looks good to a a pedestrian when you're doin 60. LOL

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Not much on the rides
But I am starting on my building section
I managed to measure out the corner post
And will start drilling some concrete for the bolts

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Picked it up from the dyno shop , drove it the couple hours home . Car pulls way harder and actually revs up now . The gm iac made such a difference the car idles so good now no surging at all or hanging idle .

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Picked it up from the dyno shop , drove it the couple hours home . Car pulls way harder and actually revs up now . The gm iac made such a difference the car idles so good now no surging at all or hanging idle .
Well, what did it make? Did the springs get you all the rpm you were looking for?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well, what did it make? Did the springs get you all the rpm you were looking for?
462/474 at 12lbs car runs way better the gm iac made the car run like a stock car it pulls way harder above 5k rpm now , I’ll do a draggy later and see what my trap speed is . Dyno numbers don’t mean much to me trap speeds more important to me . I’m going to grab another shortblock throw some nice pistons in it with my Victor jr heads . I’ll drive the car later , I’m headed to the dealership this morning to trade my truck in .

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Did some warm idle tuning after my ride home from my buddies house. Car now idles with 0% IAC and doesn’t surge after you rev it. I’ll report back how it starts in the morning.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Car started right up and idled immediately without surging. No stalling when coasting to a stop, at all. Didn’t have to blip the throttle to keep it alive at low speeds changing gears and it just putters around like a stock Mustang. I have not once enjoyed this much consistency.

Going to leave it TF alone, sort the flex fuel stuff and get some dyno time.

badass98svt

Reaction score

Can you tell me more about the GM adapter. Or maybe you posted more info elsewhere on the forum?
Did you buy the Accufab adapter? Which option (old or new style GM IAC)? Is there an adapter for the plug, or did you need to cut and solder on a GM connector?
Did everything run ok after the install, or did you need to tune it? Or did you just happen to be getting it tuned when you added it?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Can you tell me more about the GM adapter. Or maybe you posted more info elsewhere on the forum?
Did you buy the Accufab adapter? Which option (old or new style GM IAC)? Is there an adapter for the plug, or did you need to cut and solder on a GM connector?
Did everything run ok after the install, or did you need to tune it? Or did you just happen to be getting it tuned when you added it?

Yea it’s the accufab Adaptor , I’m 250 miles from my car right now towing a f150 for a customer . Sold my 18 f150 powerstroke yesterday and bought a 23 duramax 2500

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Got loose in the Buy Buy Baby and Bed Bath & Beyond parking lot because first off there ended up being enough time and second I knew there wouldn't be a soul around lol
PXL_20230424_012848577.jpg

joe65

Reaction score
picked up a hoist, pulled this off the truck and put it on the stand. Clean it up a little. I'll be trying to sell it whole and if that doesn't happen I'll pull it apart and piece it.

iron block bored .020
cobra crank
manley rods & pistons
trick flow 38s heads
comp cams 270
trick flow intake.
made 350rwp in a new edge

IMG_5061.JPG

weendoggy

Reaction score
Finally took my track wheels off to put new pads on all around. Pleased with the wear they gave and put the same back on front and up'd the rear one grade. Rears held out almost 3-to-1 over the fronts. Now I just have to bed them in and wash the car before my next event in a few weeks. Next change will include rotors front/rear, but that'll be next season...I hope. Front are Carbotech XP12 and Rear are Carbotech XP10. I've used Carbotech for over 20yrs. and run them on my Cobra as well.

frontcompare.JPGfrontwear.JPGrearcompare.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online