What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

weendoggy

Reaction score
Sitting between sessions. All good, but...., that dreaded fuel issue seemed to re-appear. However, this time I had a FULL tank of fuel, and it lasted longer, but still run, like "limp" mode for a bit longer. Also showed up after 2-3 laps of hard running, but then cleared again. After sitting, I checked pressure and pump made a banging/clanking sound for a few seconds before purring along, and my pressure was 60psi. I have some checking to do in a few weeks. I was able to clock off my first 2:06, even with the hesitation, which made me feel good otherwise. :rolleyes:

No track pics yet, just idle in the garage betwen sessions...

20240324_140529.jpg 20240324_140721.jpg

Last edited:

weendoggy

Reaction score
I'm new to EFI stuff, but can fuel temperature be a thing? With carbs I think it was a problem if the fuel got hot under the hood.
Yes and No. However, the temps were very mild at mid 60's and nice cool breeze. Also, this was cured (at least I thought) last year when dealing with the issue. I track tested at three different tracks with no issues at all, and run in temps in the 80's. I'm looking at delivery just because it took longer to "come back to full life" after losing power. Plus, it didn't lose it all like before my mod, but more like "limp-in-mode" when something not right. I'll figure it out and report findings.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Put a 130 miles on the car today . Drove to the next town over and back . Was a nice non eventful drive . Tomorrow I’ll adjust the tune forgot my laptop at my friends place . No wide open throttle pulls yet as the learn was asking for 2-3%. regular drivability was awesome though .

weendoggy

Reaction score
Put a 130 miles on the car today . Drove to the next town over and back . Was a nice non eventful drive . Tomorrow I’ll adjust the tune forgot my laptop at my friends place . No wide open throttle pulls yet as the learn was asking for 2-3%. regular drivability was awesome though .
What system are you running for EFI?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online