What do you think? Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Ok as most know I have a 99 new edge mustang original v6 car I swapped to a 308 carb. I'm just curious as to what you guys ' think" HP i may be producing here so heres my mods. 1974 COMET GT block , bored 40 over , flat top pistons , polished crank and race prepped bearings ( fit loose for higher revs without burning ) , Custom grind Cam 280 duration 480 lift , double row timing , gt40p heads with 600 lift springs and 1.6 rockers , weiand xcelerator intake , Demon Road Demon 625cfm Vac secondary carb , Shorty headers , MSD 6AL , MSD PRO BILLET DIZZY , 7.5 axle with stock 3.27 gears , running a 285-35-18 ? ( was running a 305-35-18) and a quick 1 bauhman electronics trans controller with the 4r70w trans . Any guesstimate to what kinda numbers you think I'm putting down at the crank and also at the wheel? just curious is all . thanks for reading

96-#247

Reaction score
Honestly I would be surprised to see anything over 240 RWHP from that description of what you have. Keep in mind that a stock 96-98 GT only puts down 179 RWHP

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
The pullies may add a few hp I see it making around 250-275rwhp . keep in mind 96-98gt's are the slowest shit box's of all time .... I still love them though and have a had a few .

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Whoa baby cam
baby cam ? ha I bet not fool . biggest cam you can put in a automatic without a stall and it really needs one now . listen to the video of my car and then say baby cam . has nothing to do with a 96 98 whatever u said .

if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all ..

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I say around the 300 with the flat tops..
I would say around 300 -340 give or take .. I just dont see how the crate engines for sale on Ebay are advertising 340-400 hp with the same stuff i have just made me wonder . also thanks for the usual response and not wasting space with Canadian hieroglyphics like some . Mad reps to you bro.

RichV

Reaction score
I would say you'd be lucky to hit 250 at the wheels.

Have you ever ran it on a strip? The MPH will tell you if you have a weight.

Grab your smartphone and download a dyno app. See what it says.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You'll be lucky to be at 300 because that is a pretty small cam. Bear in mind, by v6 cam has higher lift. Nobody was trying to jump in your shorts, you really had no reason to freak out.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I would say you'd be lucky to hit 250 at the wheels.

Have you ever ran it on a strip? The MPH will tell you if you have a weight.

Grab your smartphone and download a dyno app. See what it says.
Idk I have confidence that its at least very least 300 my friends and no im currently awaiting my new distrubutor switching to VAC advance from mechanical. thanks though for your honest guess and helpfull advice thats relevant rich!

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
omp Cams Magnum Camshafts are very aggressive and specifically designed for the street enthusiast looking for more power with that Pro Street sound. Intended for performance oriented vehicles that will see little street use. The idle characteristics of your engine will change due to the increased duration and overlap of the Magnum Cam Series. You will notice a racey idle with the 280-grind while the 292 and 305-grinds will produce a rough or ''rumbly'' idle. Stock components are generally incompatible. Changes are needed in rear end gear ratios, headers and the torque converter. Magnum Cams will affect your power accessories to a certain extent. The 280 and 292-grinds are the biggest cams that should be used with power assisted brakes, air conditioning, etc. You should remember that the bigger the engine is, the less the cam will affect the vacuum which affects your power accessories. The smaller your engine is, the more the Magnum Camshaft will affect your power accessories. Most late model vehicles have a vacuum canister. If your vehicle does not have a vacuum canister, it may be necessary to add one.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
designed for hot street/strip cars . these comp cams magnum series cams require a higher compression ratio, rear end gear ratio , and stall torque converter than stock , With a very aggressive profile , these camshafts provide maximum top end performance for your high performance car. My cam is one of the most popular and agressive cams used . Your camshaft in your v6 may have higher lift but its not all about the lift on the cam.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You have a tendency to get overly defensive all the time. Chill out and take the advice for what it is. Despite what you think, there are a number of people with many years more experience than you, and they are willing to help you out.

Rich and Musturd I consider both to be extremely knowledgeable of the pushrod motors available to us.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
You have a tendency to get overly defensive all the time. Chill out and take the advice for what it is. Despite what you think, there are a number of people with many years more experience than you, and they are willing to help you out.

Rich and Musturd I consider both to be extremely knowledgeable of the pushrod motors available to us.
I have a tendency and so do they . Im sure if you look how many times have I came into there thread and talked about their car without them provoking me in a bad way . I have not I try to help everyone here as much as I can. And as for experience I've gotten it myself and know alot about pushrod motors as well ive gotten nothing against rich he provided helpfull advice and honest opinion , but musturd seems to always provoke and get away cause hes in with the system. ya you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.