What gets you through winter?

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
good lookin truck! If there were snow there you probably would have had your tacoma recalled like everyone else in ohio. There very rare around here now
Thanks! haha I want to take up north to the snow some time soon. This is actually a Toyota Pickup, the pre tacoma with the infamous 22re. Interesting, I see these trucks around here all the time. They're usually all at factory specs and I love seeing them that way.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Thanks! haha I want to take up north to the snow some time soon. This is actually a Toyota Pickup, the pre tacoma with the infamous 22re. Interesting, I see these trucks around here all the time. They're usually all at factory specs and I love seeing them that way.

Yeah they made them to last, would love to get ahold of one with the 22re. Unfortunately they don't mix well with salt!

CWO

Reaction score
All wheel drive V8

20130930_170017_zps01648272.jpg

Goldmember

Reaction score
My GT is the DD. Have driven it in some gnarly weather. T/C off, steer with throttle, drivers' window is front windshield sometimes but I made it home.

When the shit really hits the fan, my wife's Altima. Wide track + narrow tires = gets it done. Even on newer all-seasons.

I just stick to the golden rule- keep it in a lower gear and stay off the brakes as much as possible. Save traction for turning.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I got my first taste of summer tires in the Mustang in the snow today. Was starting in 2nd and 3rd gear the entire effing time lol. Damn BFGs are sticky for a street tire so any hint of snow and their spinning. Be curious to see if I make it out of work today. Backed in so hopefully I don't get stuck

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Goldmember

Reaction score
Those summer tire compounds get rock-hard in colder weather. Sounds like you've got the right idea. Engine braking is your friend, try to avoid the brakes if you can, those tires start skidding and we'll be seeing a "I wrecked it" thread. Nice 'n' easy.

I'm on high-performance all-seasons. Not much better, but they get the job done.

Addermk2

Reaction score
edu6e9up.jpg

My VF swapped and lowered 07 WRX does a great job of getting me pretty much everywhere I need to be. It gets great gas mileage, makes over 300 HP, runs mid 12's and looks great doing it.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

CWO

Reaction score
That service was done prior to me owning it. The only issues I've had over the last year is the alternator being replaced several thousand miles ago and I need a power steering pump, it works fine, just a little noisy. It's got just over 120k on it. Oh, the sunroof is off track as well, but it's been cold for a while so I haven't worried about it, luckily it was closed all the way when it jumped track. Both of those issues will be addressed this spring.

It makes 340hp/310tq :) and drives fantastic, I love it.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Yeah they made them to last, would love to get ahold of one with the 22re. Unfortunately they don't mix well with salt!
Get one that's not yet rusted and drive it till its so rusted it is part of the earth lol. I've seen a lot of videos of these little trucks like that in the north east. No they do not, they rust out really bad! But the motor will keep on pulling! haha.

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
photo.php
O5 Mustang with all the trimmings, 3.31s, 5 speed, Homemade H, slp Loudmouths, JLT CAI, M2 Shorties, and an empty trunk(minus the shaker 1000)
Gets me around just fine in the worst weather I've seen here so far.
On occasion 2nd is too much, so I just put it in first and let it idle to a start. More often than not it works. Only issue, is leather seats are COLD!
Currently looking for an 99-03 F150 for a dd.

But until then it works. And gets 29+ Depending on speed.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Those summer tire compounds get rock-hard in colder weather. Sounds like you've got the right idea. Engine braking is your friend, try to avoid the brakes if you can, those tires start skidding and we'll be seeing a "I wrecked it" thread. Nice 'n' easy.

I'm on high-performance all-seasons. Not much better, but they get the job done.

Yeah it's not my first rodeo with shit tires and snow but definitely is with the Mustang. I'm lucky enough that back in my hay days I drove like a complete jackass in the snow intentionally and it definitely helped teach me how to really drive in the snow.

Made it out of work fairly easily. Only spun the tires to get out of the parking spot then I was good.

High performance all seasons are definitely only a tad better. Lol. Kudos my friend. The must be a total pain in the ass some days

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

410sn95

Reaction score
My Daily driver gets me through Winter as well as the rest of the seasons. 2003 6leaker. Studded, Deleted, 4in pipe and IDP tuned.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
That service was done prior to me owning it. The only issues I've had over the last year is the alternator being replaced several thousand miles ago and I need a power steering pump, it works fine, just a little noisy. It's got just over 120k on it. Oh, the sunroof is off track as well, but it's been cold for a while so I haven't worried about it, luckily it was closed all the way when it jumped track. Both of those issues will be addressed this spring.

It makes 340hp/310tq :) and drives fantastic, I love it.

Keep it up with the maintenance, these cars are very picky when it comes to that. If they are probably maintained they can go for almost forever. You are lucky that the timing chain got done, I was reading the horror stories about that platform if neglected but I still want a B6 S4 one day thats been meticulously serviced.

On the steering pump issue make sure you check your hoses are not porous. When I was in college I noticed that my steering wheel felt kind of funny and low & behold the steering reservoir was low. Luckily I caught it in time and refilled it, saved me from getting a new pump! I still haven't got around to doing it but its one of my spring/summer maintenance items. Power steering fluid doesn't smell the best when its leaking above your side mount interncooler ugh lol.

CWO

Reaction score
Keep it up with the maintenance, these cars are very picky when it comes to that. If they are probably maintained they can go for almost forever. You are lucky that the timing chain got done, I was reading the horror stories about that platform if neglected but I still want a B6 S4 one day thats been meticulously serviced.

On the steering pump issue make sure you check your hoses are not porous. When I was in college I noticed that my steering wheel felt kind of funny and low & behold the steering reservoir was low. Luckily I caught it in time and refilled it, saved me from getting a new pump! I still haven't got around to doing it but its one of my spring/summer maintenance items. Power steering fluid doesn't smell the best when its leaking above your side mount interncooler ugh lol.

Yeah, I've owned a modded B5 S4 Avant in the past and my wife drives a B6 A4 1.8t cabriolet currently. I know all too well about keeping up the maintenance :). I've had my S6 looked at, and it's the pump, I'm not concerned, it will be handled in time.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Yeah, I've owned a modded B5 S4 Avant in the past and my wife drives a B6 A4 1.8t cabriolet currently. I know all too well about keeping up the maintenance :). I've had my S6 looked at, and it's the pump, I'm not concerned, it will be handled in time.

Sounds like your a pro at this game. I'm still a newb only 4 years in lol. :p

big chris

Reaction score
What's winter? I'm in florida so the mustang is driven year round. But I do have a 1998 f150 for a drive and a 1999 dodge Durango.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online