What gets you through winter?

BlackStallion

Reaction score
My '04 Ranger FX4 Level II... its my daily and my winter machine. I have had an issue w/ my sciatic nerve since 2012, and cant stand to drive a stick shift in stop and go traffic to get to/from work so I got this.

It's been a trooper! bought it w/ 59k on it in december '09, and it just turned 205k yesterday. Only replaced all 4 ball joints, both front hub bearings, and had trans rebuilt. Other than that, oil, gas, and tires!

FX4 Level II's got the Alcoa's, Bilstein shocks, skid plates, 4.10 gears, 31" tires, and a torsen rear diff.

Those are my winter wheels/tires. My summer wheels/tires are the same exact OEM Alcoa's but with a more friendlier street tread on them lol

Hauled it's first thing too the other week.. went up north to get this steal for a friend of mine. '86 coupe, 302 w/ trick flow alum heads/stg1 cam, alum intake/holley carb, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, and a T5 w/ a tri-ax. Should be a fun car when we get it's issues sorted out...

04GTChris

Reaction score
I drive a company provided 2011 Jeep Patriot for the winter and job site travels. It's vinyl wrapped in yellow and white. As much as I hate this Dodge Caliber based car, it preforms in the snow very well. It's not he most comfortable car(8 hour drives suuuccccckk) but, it gets the job done. Throttle response is crappy(especially with the software update to the transmission, deny the upgrade if the dealer offers it). Plus it has butt warmers. Any winter car is good if it has butt warmers.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
My '04 Ranger FX4 Level II... its my daily and my winter machine. I have had an issue w/ my sciatic nerve since 2012, and cant stand to drive a stick shift in stop and go traffic to get to/from work so I got this.

It's been a trooper! bought it w/ 59k on it in december '09, and it just turned 205k yesterday. Only replaced all 4 ball joints, both front hub bearings, and had trans rebuilt. Other than that, oil, gas, and tires!

FX4 Level II's got the Alcoa's, Bilstein shocks, skid plates, 4.10 gears, 31" tires, and a torsen rear diff.

Those are my winter wheels/tires. My summer wheels/tires are the same exact OEM Alcoa's but with a more friendlier street tread on them lol

Hauled it's first thing too the other week.. went up north to get this steal for a friend of mine. '86 coupe, 302 w/ trick flow alum heads/stg1 cam, alum intake/holley carb, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, and a T5 w/ a tri-ax. Should be a fun car when we get it's issues sorted out...

Always wanted a level 2, those trucks are great! The ones with a manual trans and transfer case are hard as he'll to find for a good price, so I had to make mine into something close to that with a bronco 2 transfer case.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I drive a company provided 2011 Jeep Patriot for the winter and job site travels. It's vinyl wrapped in yellow and white. As much as I hate this Dodge Caliber based car, it preforms in the snow very well. It's not he most comfortable car(8 hour drives suuuccccckk) but, it gets the job done. Throttle response is crappy(especially with the software update to the transmission, deny the upgrade if the dealer offers it). Plus it has butt warmers. Any winter car is good if it has butt warmers.

Cant beat a company car!

BlackStallion

Reaction score
Always wanted a level 2, those trucks are great! The ones with a manual trans and transfer case are hard as he'll to find for a good price, so I had to make mine into something close to that with a bronco 2 transfer case.

I wouldnt mind it being a stick shift, but w/ my sciatic nerve being pinched.... driving a stickshift in morning/afternoon rush hour SUCKS... did that w/ my '94 GT for a while.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Using the dads ranger for the winter up at school. One more week until spring break and the car can come out of hiding

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Recently bought this

But usually this is what gets us around,love this freakin car!

But in the end,with this still got me around

EVILSN

Reaction score
Winters here boys.
Snow daily
d9cba9c0a428499232fbe3b9b6e959f7.jpg

The normal DD
16c65e1de4e98eb32db94b31979d8f26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using My dick

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
No snow here yet but they already salted the roads coming out of the valley I live in... Put a little work into my ranger yesterday and washed the car to put back in the garage

Not looking forward to it but I think I'm prepared for snow

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Waxed my snowboards in hopes that winter will be here soon.

Does that count?!?!?

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
'98 K1500, 5.7, 3" on 33s. All original except for the cab corners and exterior mods.

Winter mode.

gyde6yqu.jpg

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

Just scanning the thread and thought I'd put in my newest addition. '00 Civic to keep the IL winters from getting to my Silverado.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Staff online

Members online