what is the better engine

hottwheels04

Reaction score
the 2 cars are not to far off they both run 11's in the 1/4 and both trap @120+ they have gotten best of 11.3 in a bone stock z06 and with 1 mod or sticky tire 10.80s and traps of @127 in a z06 and with a ford gt ive seen low low low 11's and best trap of 125 :pimp2:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
LS2 = 400 hp NA
Sherminator = 390 hp WITH A BLOWER

How sad. :dunno:

Until Ford pulls their head out of their ass and builds a motor that doesn't have a bore the size of a salt shaker, they will still suck. I am so disappointed in the direction Ford has gone with their shitty technology.

In one of this month's Mustang mags (I think MMFF) even Jack Roush said he wished Ford had gone the way of GM and improved upon existing pushrod technology.

Overhead cams suck shit.

Paul.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
LS2 = 400 hp NA

Until Ford pulls their head out of their ass and builds a motor that doesn't have a bore the size of a salt shaker, they will still suck. I am so disappointed in the direction Ford has gone with their shitty technology.

In one of this month's Mustang mags (I think MMFF) even Jack Roush said he wished Ford had gone the way of GM and improved upon existing pushrod technology.

Overhead cams suck shit.

Paul.

ewww this is getting serious ;D Ok I disagree with your entire post. I dont know what is so hard about seeing that one motor is SMALL with a blower, and the other is LARGE without a blower :dunno: GM has decided to keep their large displacement engines and Ford has went with smaller ones with forced induction. Having a motor that is built from the factory for forced induction has big advantages over a NA motor GET OVER IT :p. You need to get your numbers more accurate too the Terminator motor was and is UNDERATED from the factory, it makes around 425hp NOT 390. Oh but of course you could put a $100 pulley on it and with a handheld tuner and add almost 100RWHP but that is easily overlooked since its a SMALL OVERHAED CAM MOTOR THAT CAN "SUCK S*^%" Try getting that kind of power out of a LS motor with the same amount of mod money 8)

Oh that goes for a Ford pushrod motor too, im not beating on the 5.0 I have had my share of them including a 91GT with a 5.0 that was nicely built and ran 7's in the eighth street legal with AC / Radio and all. But im not blind to what modulars are doing and capeable of with minimal money if your talking a FI version like the Terminator cobra or a Lightning.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Paul said:
LS2 = 400 hp NA

Overhead cams suck shit.

Paul.

ewww this is getting serious ;D Ok I disagree with your entire post. I dont know what is so hard about seeing that one motor is SMALL with a blower, and the other is LARGE without a blower :dunno: GM has decided to keep their large displacement engines and Ford has went with smaller ones with forced induction. Having a motor that is built from the factory for forced induction has big advantages over a NA motor GET OVER IT :p. You need to get your numbers more accurate too the Terminator motor was and is UNDERATED from the factory, it makes around 425hp NOT 390. Oh but of course you could put a $100 pulley on it and with a handheld tuner and add almost 100RWHP but that is easily overlooked since its a SMALL OVERHAED CAM MOTOR THAT CAN "SUCK S*^%" Try getting that kind of power out of a LS motor with the same amount of mod money 8)

Oh that goes for a Ford pushrod motor too, im not beating on the 5.0 I have had my share of them including a 91GT with a 5.0 that was nicely built and ran 7's in the eighth street legal with AC / Radio and all. But im not blind to what modulars are doing and capeable of with minimal money if your talking a FI version like the Terminator cobra or a Lightning.

i agree with you. and the terminators typically put about 400 to the wheels stock, where as the ls2 will put around 350-370... that being said, terminators have been proven to go 12.40s bone stock in good weather conditions, especially where i live, but all the ls2s ive seen cant seem to break into the 13s. FORD FTMFW bishes :drunk:

96gt226410

Reaction score
Yeah, the Vette is faster in a straight line, but the heritage of the GT is a road race car and it beats the Vette on the track in the link. I worked at Ford when the GT first came out and I got to drive one. It was very, very impressive. But I don't think it's worth the price tag. And every dealer bumps the price up another $50,000. Damn prics! :slap:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
dont get me wrong guys I am NOT hating on pushrod power or even the LS engines, I dont want you thinking I am. I am just well aware of the modular cars and what they are doing, I have a speed shop right around the corner from me, I literally mean RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER :boink: .5 of a mile so I see everything from 50k race motors to 2500 beat up stangs. Modulars have come a long way and when ford put out the Blown versions being the 99 L / 03 Cobra and the New Ford GT they just show how bad the modulars can be when some tweaking is done with FI. And hell look at the Mach 1 cars, they are not too shabby for a NA 4.6 car :boink: Pushrods will always have thier place in the performance world, but a blind eye can not be kept on the smaller and more complicated modular world.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:

Oh, I see, so you're saying it takes more than an additional ½ ATM for the shitty OHC motor to make the same power as a pushrod motor with only 1.4 more liters? Okay, I get it.

Further, it would be stupid to get into the dollars per horsepower debate, even with mods, given that an LSx crate motor costs about a third of a Sherminator engine. So let's see the advantages of LSx over Sherminator:

1. Smaller, easier to install and maintain.
2. Can be worked on by your average weekend warrior mechanic. (no need for Ford specific tools to degree camshafts)
3. Parts are cheap and plentiful.
4. You only have to buy ONE cam.
5. It costs waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than the sherminator.
6. Aftermarkets heads and intake are cheap (relatively) and available.
7. Can be punched out to well over 400 inches as compared to the shitty OHC motor plagued with limp-dick bore size.
8. It doesn't weigh a ton and won't use up every square inch of your engine bay.

You can buy a dry-sumped, titanium-rodded, 505 horsepower LS7 for only slightly more than a Sherminator. With headers and a 150 shot, it will put down over 700 rwhp. Wow. Neat. Oh, and that's on the stock computer with no tune.

GM will release the new Camaro, which will lay the smackdown (again) on the pathetic 05+ GT. Chrysler will have the Charger, 300C, Magnum, and eventually the Challenger which all put down significantly over 300 horsepower.

I maintain, Ford OHC technology = shit.

Paul.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: very funny post im not going to continue this discussion any further with you. You must have had your ass handed to you by a Terminator one too many times and your holding a grudge on them I guess :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

I think your on the wrong forum by the way, I believe the one you want is www.ls1.com :hammer:

97vertstang

Reaction score
Paul said:
Snakebit said:

Oh, I see, so you're saying it takes more than an additional ½ ATM for the shitty OHC motor to make the same power as a pushrod motor with only 1.4 more liters? Okay, I get it.

Further, it would be stupid to get into the dollars per horsepower debate, even with mods, given that an LSx crate motor costs about a third of a Sherminator engine. So let's see the advantages of LSx over Sherminator:

2. Can be worked on by your average weekend warrior mechanic. (no need for Ford specific tools to degree camshafts)
7. Can be punched out to well over 400 inches as compared to the shitty OHC motor plagued with limp-dick bore size.
8. It doesn't weigh a ton and won't use up every square inch of your engine bay.

You can buy a dry-sumped, titanium-rodded, 505 horsepower LS7 for only slightly more than a Sherminator. With headers and a 150 shot, it will put down over 700 rwhp. Wow. Neat. Oh, and that's on the stock computer with no tune.

GM will release the new Camaro, which will lay the smackdown (again) on the pathetic 05+ GT. Chrysler will have the Charger, 300C, Magnum, and eventually the Challenger which all put down significantly over 300 horsepower.

Paul.
one of my friends just got a 04 cobra, we installed a full bassani exhaust, a 2.8 pulley, a jlt cai, diablosport tuner, a pro 5.0 shifter and changed the gap on the plugs to .035 n one day. try changing the spark plugs in a camaro in one day?????? :rollinglaugh: i love LS engines, i think theyre one of the best engines ever made. BUT, ford smashed on gm when they introduced the 03/04 cobra. Forced induction from the factory,360-380 rhwp, internals that can handle 800 rwhp. i hate when people say, "well put a blower on a LS engine and it will crap all over the terminator". ok lets try putting a eaton blower on a 10.1:1 , hyperuetic piston ls1, lets see how long it will last. each engine has its merits!!!!!!!!!!!! and downfalls!!!!!!! all that been said ill take a puny pencil dick size bore with FORGED pistons, MANLEY rods , STEEL FORGED crank, forced inducted , i can change the spark plugs without dislocating all my fingers, 4.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! over a big bore LS that makes 400 hp NA but yet again cant get out of the 9s(1/8) inside a grand am, i mean GTO.

97vertstang

Reaction score
i also forgot to mention that the mach 1, can hold its own agains the almighty LS1 and its all N/A!!!!! i wonder why ::)
also, everybody always remebers how the camaro crapped all over the mustang from 93-02, well did anyone forget how the mustang crapped all over the camaro from 85-92????and even if chevy was on the right direction with the ls1 engines how come ford still produces mustangs while GM stopped f body production in 02 and the GTO sales suck??? LS1 and the V TACH can neva lose though right???? shitty fords they piss me off theyre all over the damn road ::)

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: very funny post im not going to continue this discussion any further with you. You must have had your ass handed to you by a Terminator one too many times and your holding a grudge on them I guess :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

I think your on the wrong forum by the way, I believe the one you want is www.ls1.com :hammer:

I have a T-Trim waiting to be installed on my 422 cubic inch Windsor. ??? Pretty sure I'm not skeered of an 03/04 Cobra. ::)

At the end of the day, the LSx series makes more power with bigger engines, with better fuel mileage, for less money in a smaller package. :ass3:

Paul.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
Snakebit said:

I have a T-Trim waiting to be installed on my 422 cubic inch Windsor. ??? Pretty sure I'm not skeered of an 03/04 Cobra. ::)

At the end of the day, the LSx series makes more power with bigger engines, with better fuel mileage, for less money in a smaller package. :ass3:

Paul.

I have one here in Wilmington for you if your interested ^-^ but I forwarn you if your NOT in the 9's dont bother coming

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
Paul said:
Snakebit said:

Paul.
one of my friends just got a 04 cobra, we installed a full bassani exhaust, a 2.8 pulley, a jlt cai, diablosport tuner, a pro 5.0 shifter and changed the gap on the plugs to .035 n one day. try changing the spark plugs in a camaro in one day?????? :rollinglaugh: i love LS engines, i think theyre one of the best engines ever made. BUT, ford smashed on gm when they introduced the 03/04 cobra. Forced induction from the factory,360-380 rhwp, internals that can handle 800 rwhp. i hate when people say, "well put a blower on a LS engine and it will crap all over the terminator". ok lets try putting a eaton blower on a 10.1:1 , hyperuetic piston ls1, lets see how long it will last. each engine has its merits!!!!!!!!!!!! and downfalls!!!!!!! all that been said ill take a puny pencil dick size bore with FORGED pistons, MANLEY rods , STEEL FORGED crank, forced inducted , i can change the spark plugs without dislocating all my fingers, 4.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! over a big bore LS that makes 400 hp NA but yet again cant get out of the 9s(1/8) inside a grand am, i mean GTO.

I know what you mean, there is one here where I live that has a whipple ( unknown boost # to everyone but him ) with all supporting mods ( fuel / Pumps / injectors / Longtubes / dyno tune....) it has been two 2 separate dyno shops to have tunes done on it. Some of you might think I'm BS ing you but the damn car has NOS on it just to keep the internal temps down....that is a FACT. 800 rwhp on a full weight street car that can make a 200 mile trip without missing a beat. And the KILLER is this is a simple BOLT ON car, not one thing has been done to the internals of the engine.....the damn valve covers have not even been off 8)

Randy Haywood at Haywood Speed shop in Raleigh NC can tell you all about it :pimp:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
i also forgot to mention that the mach 1, can hold its own agains the almighty LS1 and its all N/A!!!!! i wonder why ::)
also, everybody always remebers how the camaro crapped all over the mustang from 93-02, well did anyone forget how the mustang crapped all over the camaro from 85-92????and even if chevy was on the right direction with the ls1 engines how come ford still produces mustangs while GM stopped f body production in 02 and the GTO sales suck??? LS1 and the V TACH can neva lose though right???? shitty fords they piss me off theyre all over the damn road ::)

my cobra does pretty well for itself :khobra: and its NA as you guys know. :boink:

S

scarface

Snakebit said:
5.HOE said:

my cobra does pretty well for itself :khobra: and its NA as you guys know. :boink:
99 cobras suck loser :gtfo:

:)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
5.HOE said:

99 cobras suck loser :gtfo:

:)

thats what I keep hearing :-\

97vertstang

Reaction score
Paul said:
Snakebit said:

Paul.
a t trim in a 422 cubic inch engine, that must be so embarrasing to just be a able to keep up with a terminator at 281ci.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
Paul said:
Snakebit said:

Paul.
a t trim in a 422 cubic inch engine, that must be so embarrasing to just be a able to keep up with a terminator at 281ci.

I know that every Termy on the street is not a 10second street car, but there sure is more than ONE riding around :boink:, hell a Saturday afternoon of wrenching in the driveway will put you in the 11's before you can finish a 6 pack ;D

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You guys crack me up. You're all too busy swinging on the 03/04 Cobra's nuts to realize that there are simpler, cheaper, easier ways to make power and go fast. It's okay, I used to be a die hard Ford guy too, then I pulled my head out of my ass realized how much better everyone else's technology is nowadays.

They're all well and good until they get that nasty 'tick of death', then you're looking at an outrageously expensive rebuild that 99% of weekend warrior mechanics can't complete themselves. Have fun with that.

Paul.

Passenger

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
5.HOE said:
Paul said:
Snakebit said:

Paul.

I know that every Termy on the street is not a 10second street car, but there sure is more than ONE riding around :boink:, hell a Saturday afternoon of wrenching in the driveway will put you in the 11's before you can finish a 6 pack ;D

You damn right theres more than one ridin' around. We've got one here in town in the 10.90s. Daily driven, put down 627whp I think.

Sometime this afternoon I'll post the pic of it covered in mud, salt, and snow, to show its daily driven ;)

mg5661nx3.jpg

mg5668oy3.jpg

And heres a little video.
http://www.racethis.com/members/Greg 10.95.wmv

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online