Whats My Cobra Worth?

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Car should go bottom 12s high 11s on the bottle and DR's :)

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Every month I throw parts at the car, everything under the car is new and just replaced everything. Only thing I have not touched was the paint and front drivers seat that I want to replace.

Im burned out, tired of turning wrenches and countless hours and money into a car and I never have money or time for other things in life that I would like to do.
From that mods list it sure sounds that way. That's impressive. I'm sure you can find a drivers seat locally too. The sun is hard on Pac Green; every pac green mustang I've seen here in the valley is faded as well.

Why do you feel that you need to throw money at it all the time? I think that's more the root of your problem. Who says because you have a mustang you have to throw all your money at it every month? You can still keep the car and enjoy life, just don't throw all your money at it all the time. You've built a clean car and you won't get what you invested into it back. I'm burnt out with mine as well but I've just let money save up rather than keep throwing it at it.

Goldmember

Reaction score
I'd say mid 4's-5000. The market on early SN's is still pretty weak whether it's been worked on/modded or not.

Just an idea but what are the odds you could pick up a cheap beater, park the Stang, and come back to it with fresh perspective at another time

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'd say between 5500-7500 imho. By me you could sell that car for like 8-9k easily.

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
I want money for a down payment on a home so I have been tossing around the idea of letting it go thats all. I figured you guys woukd give me a honest opinion. I have around 7-7500 into everything car + mods so if I sold it I would hope for min 6k. Just don't want to do it and hate myself for it later like I did with my 98. So im going to sleep on it for a little bit and build the auto in the mean time :(

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Ehh, we will see im deff going to think about it for some time. If I can come up with money another way I will but just wanted some opinions. Don't want to upset chris and kill another SN95...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was sooo pissed when you parted out Frank. I still remember how excited I was to watch your first "around the block" video. lol... .. ... *sigh*

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Yea, it was a cool car. I want to take the cobra to that level. Take some weight out and make it more of a strip friendly car as I could give a rats ass about car shows or anything else lol. Wanting to drop all the creature comforts and make it a bare bones street car.Mabye keep the radio...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
buy my car. lol. no heat, no ac (blower plug needs swapped over to a 1996-98 version. lol) no radio, no trunk liner, cloth seats, manual everything, etc. etc.

Redford

Reaction score
Another vote for $5-6k, being familiar with what's typically on the market for these cars. I'd be that kind of guy who's not at all interested in a car this old with a ton of engine mods, though - I'd wait and pay a lot more for a close to stock one. I wouldn't trust someone else having replaced so much on the car with performance parts (no offense). You just never know if the parts were installed right, even by a shop. Like the others have said, the paint, interior, and auto transmission kill it.

Sadly, these cars have poor resale, especially ones not in mint condition. It scares me to think of what kind of chump change I'd get for mine if I sold it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.