wtf strange shocks and upr coilover kit

junk racing

Reaction score
Got the K-member and a-arms on my 95 went to put the coilover sleeves on my strange struts, In the instructions it says to drill out the gold dust cover. Well mine looks to be pressed on. Talked to UPR and they tell me to buy new struts WTF...Talked to strange the guy i speak with doesnt know what im talking about so i send him these pics and he says call back on monday when the engineers are back from the PRI show... Anyone had this issue i did a google search and found where someone knocked the "hats" off with a hammer but i dont want to ruin a new strut....Any help is appreciated

Here pics

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
are you sure that's the part they're talking about? The dust shield is usually somewhere else. I don't think it's too uncommon to have to slightly modify the struts though, I had to break the top collar off mine when I installed coilovers.

wmfateam

Reaction score
That gold piece is just a dust shield. I just had to tap mine off with a punch and hammer on my bilsteins. Under it there is the backing plate held on by a C-clip

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

junk racing

Reaction score
They are the 10 way adjustables. Ok so i can tap it off without the strut blowing up in my face???

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have the exact same struts but mine didn't come with that dust boot.

9503075825_d371f453bf_z.jpg

You should be able to take it off without a problem.

CIMG0189.jpg

CIMG0190.jpg

wmfateam

Reaction score
These are my Bilsteins. Just used a punch and a hammer. They are just a dust cover, they are not related to any actual shock/strut function

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online