12.3 @109, 1.63 60 foot...06 gt couple bolt ons, gears.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
check this man out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nhEsQi_BFfs

12.3 at 109 with 1.63 60 foot.

Supposedly only mods are intake, exhaust, tuner, 4.56 gears with slicks.

He launched at 6k.

Thats pretty damn quick for those mods.....

I guess it would be a low 13 second car without the 1.6 60 foot...lol

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Jesus, is it just me or did smoke start coming into the car at the end :dunno:

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
did he REALLY launch at 6K?

yea, haha that guys is the man.

I think the 05+ come with 31 spline axles or something.

realitygt said:
i hate npi....
hahahahah, I hate auto...atleast if I was 5 speed I could get some slicks, axles, and launch the hell out of it.

Rice_slayer said:
Jesus, is it just me or did smoke start coming into the car at the end :dunno:

It was smoke from the burn out caught in the engine bay or something....cause he had the shifter boot off

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am scared shitless to launch my car at 6K..... i know my rear end could take (Auburn Diff) it but i am afraid i would Mess something else up

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
I am scared shitless to launch my car at 6K..... i know my rear end could take (Auburn Diff) it but i am afraid i would Mess something else up

What about your axles?

Isnt that like the first thing to go?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
SRT Handz said:

What about your axles?

I dont think i have enough power to snap axels so i really dont care about that :hammer:

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
justinschmidt1 said:
SRT Handz said:

What about your axles?

I dont think i have enough power to snap axels so i really dont care about that :hammer:

haha, I think you would if you launched at 6k

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:

the axles usually go before the diff, but since you have an upgraded diff the axles are definitely gonna go first. why didn't you do axles at the same time?

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
SRT Handz said:

. why didn't you do axles at the same time?

Thats what I did.

To bad we cant see the time slip, he deff launched hard.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
My buddy shifted his 06GT like that, now his tranny is being replaced. ~15k miles

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
see, they have the ability, you just have to take alot of the comfort crap out of them to make them that fast, granted i bet that guy put his pass seat back in, and drove it home, and then to work the next day, but still.. lol. And yes, 05's and up have 31 spline from the factory

Passenger

Reaction score
For the nonbelievers of the S197s, eat your heart out! haha. That right there is one of the main reasons I'd take one of those cars in a heartbeat. I find them attractive and little more redefined than our sn95s as well.

ıʌɐɾ said:

I used to powershift my T5 that hard, if not harder. Then I broke the 3-4 shift fork in half.. Oops?

Reaction score

this guys can drive too, lmao. (this was the first run EVER for my GT, way back when it was stock)

and yes, i know, i bogged bad on the launch, it was my first time at the track in that car

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
the days of white knuckled 4 speed shifting and carbeurated big blocks shacking a car are long gone, theres few cars you will find that will have that feeling, and if they do, they wont for long, because they go out of production quickly. And i'm talking about a new car, not old

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Steven said:
the days of white knuckled 4 speed shifting and carbeurated big blocks shacking a car are long gone, theres few cars you will find that will have that feeling, and if they do, they wont for long, because they go out of production quickly. And i'm talking about a new car, not old

No! Really?

Anyway, that's what an aggressive cam is for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online