12.3 @109, 1.63 60 foot...06 gt couple bolt ons, gears.

Hellion94

Reaction score
That's Carlos Sobrino. He's a factory stock racer in the NMRA. He can drive pretty good

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
Steven said:
the days of white knuckled 4 speed shifting and carbeurated big blocks shacking a car are long gone, theres few cars you will find that will have that feeling, and if they do, they wont for long, because they go out of production quickly. And i'm talking about a new car, not old

No! Really?

Anyway, that's what an aggressive cam is for.

lol your the one crying thats it not a "real" mustang, but i tell ya son, this faux mustang will kick more ass then your "real" mustang

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You guys sure don't give much credit to the factory diff. I know of three turbo cars currently running 10s in the 130s on a freshly built trak-loc.

Hellion94

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
S197's are quick for cheap, no doubt. They are just WAY too refined to be called a "Mustang" IMO.

I'll give you 1 ride in our '05, and you'll lose that mindset REAL quick...

I don't think the new Mustangs are by any stretch of the imagination "too refined" Compared to cars that are actually "refined," our dear old pony car is still just that, a pony car.

Personally I think it's nice that they are starting to pay attention to handling, ride feel, etc... as well as the power. The cars are built solid and run well, to me that's the definition of a Mustang.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Steven said:
AaRoN said:
Steven said:
the days of white knuckled 4 speed shifting and carbeurated big blocks shacking a car are long gone, theres few cars you will find that will have that feeling, and if they do, they wont for long, because they go out of production quickly. And i'm talking about a new car, not old

No! Really?

Anyway, that's what an aggressive cam is for.

lol your the one crying thats it not a "real" mustang, but i tell ya son, this faux mustang will kick more ass then your "real" mustang

I'm not "crying" about it. And don't give me the "my Mustang's faster than your's" bullshit either. At the moment though, mine is faster than yours :) .

All I'm saying (as did a few others), is the Mustang isn't as "raw" as it used to be.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
LOL ok.. you enjoy driving your boat anchor, meanwhile i'll be in the fast lane

Oh and yea.. its not as raw, because 99 percent of the mustang owners dont want there ass to be raw when they get out the car, or have to worry about everytime they turn on the ac, will the biatch over heat

Hellion94

Reaction score
Steven said:

Oh and yea.. its not as raw, because 99 percent of the mustang owners dont want there ass to be raw when they get out the car, or have to worry about everytime they turn on the ac, will the biatch over heat

Whoa, slow down internet badass.

Your "Fast Lane" is not as fast as Aaron's car. I can pretty much guarantee that at this point. While it may have more modification potential, at the moment, you aren't in the passing lane.

I've never owned a Mustang (and I've had 5) that overheated when the A/C was on. In fact, I've only ever had 1 that overheated at all.

Let's not forget we're into the same car here, and you are on a site dedicated to the SN95 version of that car. And also keep in mind that you're insulting a platform that has won pretty much every sportsman level race series that's in existence.

Your S197 is nice, I'm sure of that, but don't come on here and start getting all righteous and high class with everyone, it makes you look bad. Personally, I think my car is very comfortable. It rides nice, is quiet, and handles great. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so you may think your car is the best thing since sliced bread, but others may not, and they probably have their reasons, as do you. But let's try stepping off the high horse for a minute and come back down to the reality that we all own Mustangs because we enjoy certain things about them. I'd hate to disappoint you, but you aren't driving a luxury automobile. Your driving the same (in essence) sub $25K car that we all fell in love with.

I honestly don't think 99% of Mustang owners care about the comfort level of their car. That's probably why a lot of them delete the A/C, add 4.56 gears, aluminum driveshafts, loud exhaust, etc... It's not to make them more comfortable.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Steven said:

Whoa, slow down internet badass.

Your "Fast Lane" is not as fast as Aaron's car. I can pretty much guarantee that at this point. While it may have more modification potential, at the moment, you aren't in the passing lane.

I've never owned a Mustang (and I've had 5) that overheated when the A/C was on. In fact, I've only ever had 1 that overheated at all.

Let's not forget we're into the same car here, and you are on a site dedicated to the SN95 version of that car. And also keep in mind that you're insulting a platform that has won pretty much every sportsman level race series that's in existence.

Your S197 is nice, I'm sure of that, but don't come on here and start getting all righteous and high class with everyone, it makes you look bad. Personally, I think my car is very comfortable. It rides nice, is quiet, and handles great. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so you may think your car is the best thing since sliced bread, but others may not, and they probably have their reasons, as do you. But let's try stepping off the high horse for a minute and come back down to the reality that we all own Mustangs because we enjoy certain things about them. I'd hate to disappoint you, but you aren't driving a luxury automobile. Your driving the same (in essence) sub $25K car that we all fell in love with.

I honestly don't think 99% of Mustang owners care about the comfort level of their car. That's probably why a lot of them delete the A/C, add 4.56 gears, aluminum driveshafts, loud exhaust, etc... It's not to make them more comfortable.

QFT! I'd add that to my sig because that statement needs to be seen in SO MANY different threads on here.

Steven- If I wanted "comfort", I would've just bought a Lincoln.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
LOL you do know i was screwing with him right? I don't give a damn whether yours or mine is faster mines basically stock. whereas yours is geared with full exhaust. Two different mod levels, big difference. If i was dead set serious there would be no "lolling" and sarcasm would be nonexistent

Reaction score
Steven said:
LOL you do know i was screwing with him right?
i did, but just cause i know you on here. but others that dont might have seen that in a different way

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
xsoutherngun89x said:
Steven said:
i did, but just cause i know you on here. but others that dont might have seen that in a different way

true, i didnt think about that. Ah well, it wasnt intended to insult anyone, if i had intended to insult I would have gone much further then a couple sentences.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Steven said:
xsoutherngun89x said:
Steven said:

true, i didnt think about that. Ah well, it wasnt intended to insult anyone, if i had intended to insult I would have gone much further then a couple sentences.

Next time you should put a "j/k" then. I was under the impression that you were serious.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Steven said:
LOL you do know i was screwing with him right? I don't give a damn whether yours or mine is faster mines basically stock. whereas yours is geared with full exhaust. Two different mod levels, big difference. If i was dead set serious there would be no "lolling" and sarcasm would be nonexistent

Same here.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
Steven said:
xsoutherngun89x said:
Steven said:

Next time you should put a "j/k" then. I was under the impression that you were serious.

i tend to forget sarcasm is hard to catch over the net. Jerry, javster, dave, and a couple others know me well enough to know when im pisted, and when i'm in my "Just chillin' " mood. S'all good

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Steven said:
AaRoN said:
Steven said:
xsoutherngun89x said:
Steven said:

i tend to forget sarcasm is hard to catch over the net. Jerry, javster, dave, and a couple others know me well enough to know when im pisted, and when i'm in my "Just chillin' " mood. S'all good

Okay. It's cool. Like you said, it's hard to pick up on sarcasm on a forum.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Wait... Are you guys BITCHING that the new mustang's are actually nice to drive? :hammer: My brother lets me drive his 2008 mustang GT/CS and good god, I want it! It has a shit load of power at hand, I like the shifter, the hydralic(sp?) clutch is 10x better than my classic cable. Different strokes for different folks. Sure, I LOVE my Sn95 to death, it is my first car and I love driving it, but after driving my brothers car, my feels like a cavalier! It comes down to the people who want speed and nothing else or guys like me who like speed when it's needed, but also want the comfort of a daily driver. I want to get a hydralic conversion for my 94 mustang gt after driving his... it feels SOOO much nicer :).

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Steven said:

Ummmm..... I Believe your Car is the Heaviest Car on this Forum Mr. Boat Driver

Passenger

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Steven said:

Ummmm..... I Believe your Car is the Heaviest Car on this Forum Mr. Boat Driver

Doubt that. I've got a '66 Impala 4-door sitting in the driveway. 20ft long, 4500#+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online