1995 Mustang overhaul, Shooting for ROTM, UPDATES 3/2014 pics. It's RUNNING

bhorne89

Reaction score
Sn95 team,

I am putting together a build up of my car. I have owned the car since 2006, I have had some set backs (life), and also became a father to a beautiful daughter almost 2 years ago. I am finally getting back in the garage and working on this car, and hoping that doing a build up page will help me get the motivation that I need.

The car is a 1995 Mustang Gt. It has around 90,000 miles on it, and had an Automatic. It was a one owner car, and came from California, and was a great starting point for the car. I have put about 60 total miles on the car since I bought it. Not a typo, just brought it home and stripped it apart. I will be posting pictures up as I complete this car and am hoping to have it completed this Summer. The car was a black on black coupe, with leather. During the first month I gutted the car, doors trunk, hood, fenders, all off. Headliner was stripped from the headliner to the carpet. I changed the color and the shop shaved the door handles, lock holes, emblems and antenna. I color changed the car to Sonic Blue, painted the mirrors and cowl panel as well. The car has an aftermarket hood from Harwood, and looks great so far. The interior was covered in Dynomat, and the carpet and headliner were replaced. I installed aftermarket speakers in the front doors and rear deck, they are Infinity Kappa Perfects, and will be hooked to an Alpine digital amp. I wired the car for another digital Alpine amp for the subs. I am building a custom rear seat delete, and have the majority of the interior done. There is a lot that I am leaving out, but I will update this post with pics from when I started and recently with the fuel system, engine bay and suspension.

I ordered a Dart block from Woody at FordStrokers, and it should be shipped to me in March, this is the motviation that I need to get this thing done. Thanks for looking and I will go ahead and say thanks to everyone that has answered questions and will help me get this completed in the future. Hopefully this car will be finished and make a nice candidate for the Ride of the Month!

Brad

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Orange, I love your car by the way, looks great. What size wheels and tires and do they rub at all?
Thank you!

[FONT=&quot]Bullitt Wheels 9" front 10" rear
255/35ZR18 Hankook Venture Plus front
275/35ZR18 Kohmo rear

No rubbing[/FONT]

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am hoping to build an extremely nice street car for local cruizes, shows and races! I just painted the engine bay Sonic Blue to match the car, and tucked the wires to clean up the engine bay!

**Question, does anyone have a nice write up on how they ran the AN fuel lines.

I am getting ready to install the fuel system next, and then finish the suspension. This is the fuel system so far. I wanted a nice fuel system to support the engine and supercharger, but am not a fan of the an lines showing in the back, and wanted a clean install. I started with a 2004 Mach 1 gas tank, added a Lethal Performance 2 pump fuel hat. I installed two Aeromotive stealth 340 lph pumps in it, and bought their adapter wiring harness to wire into the 95's harness. It came out extremely clean and bolted right in. This fuel hat is used on 99-04 gt, and Mach 1's to give them a return style fuel system so it was perfect. It gave me a -10 feed and a -8 return line, I ran the -10 to a black Trick Flow 10 micron filter and to a aeromtive Y-Block, from there to the two aeromotive rails, off the back of them to an Aeromotive regulator and the -8 return to the hat. The only thing I don't have and am unsure of is the size of injectors to use? I am trying to figure out where to run the y-block and regulator to look clean.

thanks for any help.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
You are the Man...Can't wait to see those Pics.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome project!! I have one question though, can you race a car without door handles??

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Not really sure? But I dont race at the track that much! I have shaved the handles on a lot of my cars, and like the look. I had an 89 5.0 in the past, and it was shaved, no track I took it to cared.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am hoping to build an extremely nice street car for local cruizes, shows and races! I just painted the engine bay Sonic Blue to match the car, and tucked the wires to clean up the engine bay!

**Question, does anyone have a nice write up on how they ran the AN fuel lines.

I am getting ready to install the fuel system next, and then finish the suspension. This is the fuel system so far. I wanted a nice fuel system to support the engine and supercharger, but am not a fan of the an lines showing in the back, and wanted a clean install. I started with a 2004 Mach 1 gas tank, added a Lethal Performance 2 pump fuel hat. I installed two Aeromotive stealth 340 lph pumps in it, and bought their adapter wiring harness to wire into the 95's harness. It came out extremely clean and bolted right in. This fuel hat is used on 99-04 gt, and Mach 1's to give them a return style fuel system so it was perfect. It gave me a -10 feed and a -8 return line, I ran the -10 to a black Trick Flow 10 micron filter and to a aeromtive Y-Block, from there to the two aeromotive rails, off the back of them to an Aeromotive regulator and the -8 return to the hat. The only thing I don't have and am unsure of is the size of injectors to use? I am trying to figure out where to run the y-block and regulator to look clean.

thanks for any help.

I would go with 60 or 80lb injectors I believe there the same price as 42's and with a stroker and a blower you'll max out 42's easily. I was going to ask if you wire tucked the bay nice to see you did cant can't wait to see pics . What did you use for suspension ?

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
I planned to go with 80's The engine is a 408 Dart block, running a D1 procharger. I will be converting the front accessories drive to a fox-body along with doing a fox throttle body conversion.

Suspension is all new. K-member, spring perches and motor mounts from AJE. Sway bars from Eibach, currently have Eibach pro kit springs, and Tokico blue struts on all four corners. PA racing d.s. loop, Maximum motorsports lower control arms, subframe conectors, and caster camber plates. Car has a Kenny Brown cage in it, a rear brace, and I switched the steering and brake system from the Mach 1 I got the gas tank from, so I have the newer steering rack, shaft and pump, with Hydroboost brakes for more room for the engine.

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of how it sits now! These are a week out of the paint booth, and this is before the car was wet sanded. I took the windows out, and replaced them afterwards. This shows the hood and spoiler, and when I was test fitting the bumpers. Test fit the headlight for pics, and these are the wheels I borrowed to roll the car around, but have chrome Saleen 18's.

misc011_zps23c833dc.jpg

misc016_zps1dec0438.jpg

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Side shot with door handles shaved, should I lower it?? LOL. No weight in the rear, it looks like a 4-wheel drive!

Freshfrompaint1_zps87216e3c.jpg

Saleen Spoiler, it was on back order for almost a year, back when I ordered it!

Freshfrompaint2_zps9ea3d8c8.jpg

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Polishing and restoring the taillights!

Before:

Taillights_zps29a7c54b.jpg

Left one sanded and polished:

Taillights1_zps7fb524e1.jpg

Taped off and ready to repaint:

Taillights2_zps433d2041.jpg

Painted and installed:

Freshfrompaint4-Copy_zpsfc17016b.jpg

Much better!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice dude love the color I would have color matched the bezels tho , looks good

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments, I have always liked the look on the Saleen cars, I know I don't have the bezels like the 94/95 Mustang taillights, but the matte finish black is good enough for me!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's bad ass none the less . What you planning for suspension .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott