1995 Mustang overhaul, Shooting for ROTM, UPDATES 3/2014 pics. It's RUNNING

99GreenStang

Reaction score
nice car brother man . looking really sharp great attention to detail anything is possible with enough money and time and in that order lol

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Thanks 99 Greenstang,

I will have pics of the suspension parts and it going on, along with the fuel system parts and installation soon!

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
off to a killer start!!! It looks great!

Need some advise,

I am about to wrap up the suspension and only have the brakes left to put on. I have al new sensors, and will be buying stainless steel hoses. My question is this, I have the cobra calipers in the front, (the ones with the "COBRA" script), and did the cobra set up on the rear as well. I have a local guy that has powdercoated all my engine stuff and other things as well. He can take all four calipers and brackets, tear them apart, coat them what ever color and reassemble them with a new seal kit and all, it would cost $400, would you do this, or is there any option that is better. Thanks. I will get pics up soon with the slotted and drilled rotors, calipers, hoses, AJE k-member, Tokicos and Eibachs. Used a few Max. Motorsports things as well. Thanks for the help in advance!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if it were me, I'd ask him if he does the heat-extraction coating they do on radiators.. ... that's what I'd look into...

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments,

I know that it has been a week since i posted an update, but there will be a lot over the next few weeks, the engine in going to be here this weekend, also I sent the calipers to get powdercoated, they should be done this weekend, and I ordered stainless steel brake hoses for the 3 ont he rear. I will be painting the rear wheel wells with black undercoater, and I will then install the brakes and hoses, I will take pics. I did the rear big cobra brake bracket to raise the caliper and fit the bigger slotted and drilled rotors. I need to figure out what brake pads to use? Any suggestions?

On the engine, it is coming from FordStrokers, and I cannot wait, I will post pics when I get it unpackaged. I am hoping to get the AFR heads on there quickly and drop this thing in! I will keep you posted and once again thanks for the support/comments and answers to my dumb a$$ questions.

Brad

95opal

Reaction score
Need some advise,

I am about to wrap up the suspension and only have the brakes left to put on. I have al new sensors, and will be buying stainless steel hoses. My question is this, I have the cobra calipers in the front, (the ones with the "COBRA" script), and did the cobra set up on the rear as well. I have a local guy that has powdercoated all my engine stuff and other things as well. He can take all four calipers and brackets, tear them apart, coat them what ever color and reassemble them with a new seal kit and all, it would cost $400, would you do this, or is there any option that is better. Thanks. I will get pics up soon with the slotted and drilled rotors, calipers, hoses, AJE k-member, Tokicos and Eibachs. Used a few Max. Motorsports things as well. Thanks for the help in advance!

I would definately powdercoat the calipers and brackets. Only problem is $400 sounds outrageous. When I did mine I disassembled them and rebuilt them myself. I cant remember what I was charged for the powder but I can assure you it was no where near $400. Thats way to much for the amount of parts being coated although hes probably wackin you for the disassembly and assembly of the calipers.

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Well guys, and gals,

here is the engine, it is finally completed, thank you very much to Jim and Nicole at FordStrokers for all the help, ideas, and answering all this rookies million and 1 questions. It is a work of art, also thanks to Jason fron Painted with Powder for the timing cover, I will have the rest of the parts that you did on this thing soon!

Motor_zps420c61b0.jpg

;)

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Okay, I know it has been a little while since I gave an update, been collecting parts! Here is are the brake parts, just waiting on the calipers to get back from the powder coater! I went with a 2004 Mach 1 steering rack, hydroboost unit, J&M stainless brake hoses (all 5) Hawk pads, and have the cobra brake set up on all four corners.

Brakeparts1_zpsda1869ce.jpg

I will add some pics of the Hydroboost swap details, trials and errors soon, also I will post pics of the engine and the progress on it in a few minutes!

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Here is the engine so far, Woody from Fordstrokers did a nice job, and we installed the ARP head studs, gaskets, heads, headers, with stage 8 bolts, link bar lifters and a few other pieces today. Check out the tapped oil pan :), and teh powdercoating on the timing cover! Thanks Jason from painted with powder, Jim and Nicole from Fordstrokers, and Doug from Total Mustang! Need a pushrod length checking tool and then tighten the harland sharps! The heads are AFR 205's worked over and done by Ed Curtis at FTI, same for the cam! He worked up the order and it resulted in a 613 lift! Holy $hit!

Here we are:

Engineprofile1_zps3c1361da.jpg

Engineprofile2_zpsd61c8063.jpg

Thanks guys! Hopefully when this thing is done soon, I can count on you for some votes!!!!

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
How many cubes did you have Woody build it as?

Had woody make it a 408!

Fcukin awesome man. That engine looks like a beast lol.

What kinda numbers are you shootin for?

I would like to see 550 na at the wheels! I know woody made a beast of an engine, thanks and Ed Curtis has done a few combos for friends, and they always did better than we predicted so we will see!

I got the firewall cut to fit the hydroboost unit, the 04 Mach 1 pedals are in with a UPR clutch triple fork and the Bullitt pedal covers, they were a ***** to get on, thanks for the advice (American Muscle Video) was a lifesaver, basically boil the pedal covers in water, put on gloves and start wrestling! They are worth it though. I am waiting on the water pump, pushrods, and then I can adjust the rockers, and install the lower intake!

On the Hydroboost, I have found a ton of threads from various websites, Corral had a huge one, that was a big help. I have the firewall cleared for the hydroboost unit, the master cylinder has the lines going to the proportioning valve on the bottom instead of the side like the factory 95, so I have even more room next to the engine. I will flare them and install them this week. I purchased a new proportioning valve from Latemodel, it looks great. One note is there are two different M.C.'s. The one with ABS and Traction Control has a 1-1/16 bore, and the one without ABS and T.C. is only a 11/16th bore, I went with the bigger one! More or less matched what came with the unit off of the Mach one.

The engine bay is painted Sonic Blue to match, and I am working with Russell and Hydratech to figure out how to run -AN lines on the powersteering lines from the mastercylinder to the rack, pump, "t", etc. This will look much better and I will run them in the fender area with the wiring to keep the clean look. I will post Hydroboost swap info as I gofor anyone thinking of swapping or wanting to install a terminator engine!

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
So, I was just reading through your build thread, and noticed you painted your car Sonic Blue (I had mine painted the same color..), and I will also be running chrome saleen wheels on my car. Mine won't have nearly the power yours will (302 HCI + S-trim), but they will probably be similar in looks. Then I started thinking, "Man, this would be a good car/guy to get together with and have a decent little photoshoot, I wonder where he lives..." And I see your location is KC, 45 min east of me (I'm in Lawrence, KS).
So needless to say, we will have to meet up at some point. Ha.
Everything looks good. Engine looks badass, and you have good choice in exterior paint colors, HA!

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
So, I was just reading through your build thread, and noticed you painted your car Sonic Blue (I had mine painted the same color..), and I will also be running chrome saleen wheels on my car. Mine won't have nearly the power yours will (302 HCI + S-trim), but they will probably be similar in looks. Then I started thinking, "Man, this would be a good car/guy to get together with and have a decent little photoshoot, I wonder where he lives..." And I see your location is KC, 45 min east of me (I'm in Lawrence, KS).
So needless to say, we will have to meet up at some point. Ha.
Everything looks good. Engine looks badass, and you have good choice in exterior paint colors, HA!

AWESOME, I was actually checking out your car, never payed attention to where you were from though! I am definitely down for a photo shoot, maybe midwest Sonic Blue SN's in MM and FF or 5.0 mag??? Lol! I have had the car painted for a long time now, just stopped working on it with the little one here, she turned two Saturday. I am more motivated than ever now. How long before yours is done??

I am hoping to get the suspension/hydroboost swap/brakes, and interior finished by the end of the month. I have a bunch of parts in the for sale section, when they are gone I will keep going on the motor!

BTW, Nice Car if I didn't already say it! and thanks man!

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Thanks.
Yeah seeing my car in a magazine someday would be really cool, but I won't hold my breath. There are a lot of nice cars on this site, let alone the rest of the Mustang 'community'. Midwest Sonic Blue photo shoot has a very nice ring to it though. haha.
My car will probably be road worthy around the end of May. I really don't have much left to do on it, but being a full-time student and working part-time, having free time in between is fairly scarce. I'm sure that completion date will get pushed back, just like it has every time, but that's what I'm shooting for.
Any projected completion time for yours?