1995 Mustang overhaul, Shooting for ROTM, UPDATES 3/2014 pics. It's RUNNING

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Thats a really good lookin color on your stang. The hood looks badass, everything looks really good. Everyone says to lower your car, I'd put the saleens on first and see how it looks, just me though. The black bezels look good, have you thought about painting the license plate surround thing?

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Thanks guys, The 5.ohhh, I am not sure I have ever seen the bezel a different color? Do you have a pic? I have the interior all covered in dynamat! Headliner back in, carget back in, I starting prewiring for the stereo system and the trunk mounted battery. Plus finished wiring the gauges. I need to buy a Boost gauge and they will be finished. I have to make some custom brackets for the seats and they should bolt in! I did preinstall the Kenny Brown cage, it was not fun, I am very picky, and I didn't want the interior all hacked up, so I took a long time to do it, and finished it up.

As far as the suspension, I listed some parts in the earlier thread, I am hoping to have the fuel system suspension/brakes done by the end of the month but we received 12 inches of snow tonight and I have spent my time shoveling.

I have a set of Chrome 18 inch Saleens, 9" in front and 10" in the back. I think the chrome wheels are the only way to go on Sonic Blue. I need help on selecting tires, I want to go wide on the rear and was look at either 295/35/18's or 305/35/18's, what are your opinions, I was planning to go with Nitto 555r's. For the fronts I was not sure, I have seen some with 275's? I don't want to rub though??

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
belber095, thanks for subscribing, I will continue to update this and post more pics.
I have 315's out back on my car and they look perfect.
they might rub on a gt though. it'd be worth it on this car. roll the fenders and flip your quad shocks and you shouldn't have rubbing issues. fronts, I have 245's but you could go wider. I've heard good things about nt555's but I have no experience with them. maybe this will convince you to run 315's :D
DSC_0130_zpsfa3f00d0.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am not sure I have ever seen the bezel a different color?

I think he's referring to this:

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo103/daracboy82/DSC_7587.jpg

I have a set of Chrome 18 inch Saleens, 9" in front and 10" in the back. I think the chrome wheels are the only way to go on Sonic Blue. I need help on selecting tires, I want to go wide on the rear and was look at either 295/35/18's or 305/35/18's, what are your opinions, I was planning to go with Nitto 555r's. For the fronts I was not sure, I have seen some with 275's? I don't want to rub though??

295 or 305 is not wide. At least not for a mustang. JonBeast on here use to run 335 Michelins on his saleens.
You can get away with 275's on the front depending on the backspacing/offset of the wheels. I use to run 17x9 (26mm offset, 6" backspacing) with a 235/35/17 tire and I rubbed at full lock.

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Belber, are those 18's, sorry if you already answered this? Those tires look nice, my friend had a 95, it had some 10.5" back wheels, with 315s, Sumitomo's. It looked great, I just thought with mine being 10's and not having the extra half inch, I should stick with 305's. He eventually switched the tires to 555r's and had much better traction. He had a 408 as well!

Ferocious, Thanks, I am embarrased to say that I have never seen that, doesn't look bad! I think I will leave mine the body color, want to draw more attention to the wide tires, and stance...lol.

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
**2/24** Need advise!

Okay here is the situation, I have to ship off the bottom end parts to Woody @ Fordstrokers tomorrow. I am behind in doing this thanks to the weather! We received 12 inches of snow and are expecting another 12-18" tomorrow night. The snow not only slowed me down to get this shipped but I have a bolt that has been in UPS's posession for 4 days!

Here is the question, I bought a Canton 15-670s oil pan, while I was on the phone ordering this, I was told that there was a "special" one piece gasket needed to seal this pan up correctly and not have leaks! I purchased it as well, part number 15-652, FORD 351W 1 piece gasket, I was packaging it all up tonight in the pan box, when I found a crumpled up piece of paper int he box that say this: " Canton installation tips, Gaskets: We have found that the one-piece gaskets do not seal as effectively as the four piece style with our oils pans. It is best to use the four piece cork and rubber style pan gasket kit, we recommned our four-piece gasket set or one of similar quality" "Please use part number 88-650 the 351W four-piece gasket set!" Thank God I read the paper in the bottom of the box, and how convenient that it wasn't in the envelope taped to the pan that had warranty and Canton stickers stuff in it, but rather under the packaging stuffing!

I have to ship this out tomorrow, (Monday) has anyone on here used the Fel-Pro gasket from Orielly's, it is their best, and will this seal my pan correctly? Thanks for any help!

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
**2/27** Got the oil pan gasket figured out, Shipped out the bottom end parts to Fordstrokers today, and received the email from Ed Curtis that the Cam is headed there as well. The box was 32lb.s for the stuff I shipped! This is my first engine build and I am excited, should see this thing in a few weeks. I will post pics when It arrives. I am exctied to bolt on the AFR's and all the powdercoated parts! Thanks again for the PM's and help to everyone that helped with questions!

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Dynamat on the doors, Installed Kappa perfects components, crossovers, etc. rewired them from the console through the original door boot!

Dynamat3_zpsd0827fa3.jpg

Dynamat in the rear area, and the Torque boxes installed:

Dynamat2_zps9f6f7d44.jpg

Dynamat1_zpsd4f4f40b.jpg

Installed the rear seat frame, cut it to clear the torque reinforcements, and made an amp rack carpeted to look factory, looks great in the trunk! You will never see the amps with the rear seat delete installed, and fans to remove heat on the top of the rack!

Amps1_zps859b526b.jpg

cobra head

Reaction score
very nice car you have brother keep up the good work on it i have a set of 04 cobras on mine 17x9 up frt and 17x10.5 out back with 315 on it and no problems here

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
very nice car you have brother keep up the good work on it i have a set of 04 cobras on mine 17x9 up frt and 17x10.5 out back with 315 on it and no problems here

CobraHead, car looks mean with that hood, and thanks for the specs on the tires. I have a friend with a similar car/suspension to what I am using, he had 275's in front and 315's in back, they were mounted on Cobra r's. I have the wheels, they are Saleen replicas from OE wheels, 9's and 10's, I think I will go with 305's in the rear, I like the look of the 315's, but made a huge mistake by not rolling the rear wheel lips BEFORE the paint and I do not want to crack it, I have heard of heating it up first, but I don't want to take the chance, I know that the 305's will fit! Also I have seen 255-275's in front, not sure what would look best on the Saleens, does anyone have pics of Saleens on the front that are 9 inch, what tires are you running???

cobra head

Reaction score
CobraHead, car looks mean with that hood, and thanks for the specs on the tires. I have a friend with a similar car/suspension to what I am using, he had 275's in front and 315's in back, they were mounted on Cobra r's. I have the wheels, they are Saleen replicas from OE wheels, 9's and 10's, I think I will go with 305's in the rear, I like the look of the 315's, but made a huge mistake by not rolling the rear wheel lips BEFORE the paint and I do not want to crack it, I have heard of heating it up first, but I don't want to take the chance, I know that the 305's will fit! Also I have seen 255-275's in front, not sure what would look best on the Saleens, does anyone have pics of Saleens on the front that are 9 inch, what tires are you running???

thanks brother onthe comment on the hood im running 275s up frt on my 17x9 and they are perfact 255 would look like a skinny to me on a 17x9 wheel to me ill try and post some pics of my set up tomm if i have time

foofinator

Reaction score
Where's the 'Like' button? This car is going to be gorgeous if you are patient enough to keep up the attention to detail.

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Where's the 'Like' button? This car is going to be gorgeous if you are patient enough to keep up the attention to detail.

Thanks, I appreciate it, I honestly am huge on paying attention to detial, and after years of side jobs doing car audio, remote starts and whatever else, I finally have the money to do this car RIGHT! I have only had it 7 years...lol! I need to get busy!