200,000 mile GT build

50HSN95

Reaction score
Being a car enthusiast and living anywhere in the salt belt, just flat out sucks lol
Yup! I think I spend more washing our daily drivers in the winter than I spend on gas. Sucks something fierce, and I hate having to wait for a few good rain's in the spring before I can even take the hot rod out, no snow but salt piles everywhere still.

Werecow

Reaction score
I think that's one area that I really lucked up with on my Cherry Bomb.. I got it out of North Carolina and under it there's no rust that I can find anywhere!! I've searched all over the strut towers and the floor pans and can't find a speck! The only rust I can find anywhere on it is on the rear hatch at the seam near the lock on both sides of it. I could probably take 2 quarters and cover up both spots tho.. I'll need to get some pics and put em up on my thread..

OP
OP
Akurma

Akurma

Reaction score
Not really sure where on the forum to post this as I searched and didn't find much info, so I guess i'll bump my own thread as I am looking for opinions.

Keep the stock 2v PI manifold or pick this up for ~$300?

I stumbled upon a deal for a "trickflow track heat" intake, aka the bullitt intake. A friend of mine has it and offered it to me for what I think is a cheap price. I do know that these intakes are great for forced induction, which I will have. But I also know they are kinda a pain in the ass when it comes to installing them as the throttle and cruise control cables are discontinued and hard to find.

Lucky for me, I kept the throttle and cruise control cables from a 1997 Cobra I parted out last year. However I did a bit more research on what is all needed and it seems that a 4v alternator and different fuel rails? are also needed for the swap. The alternator is no biggie, but the only aftermarket fuel rails that I know of for the 2v are the BBK ones, and i've heard terrible things about the fitment on them.

The other thing that is making me question picking it up is that I don't think he has all the hardware/barbs/fittings ect... for the intake. Might not be a big deal if trick flow still carries them but if not that could be a pain.

106172736_2750818591861395_7437313646535699355_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Akurma

Akurma

Reaction score
I’d buy it. Won’t ever have to worry about the dreaded coolant leak issue.

Go with Fore fuel rails, great quality. As for hardware and such, you can easily figure that out.

Thats kinda what i'm leaning towards, i've already had to replace the manifold once from a coolant leak. do you have a link to the Fore Fuel rails? I've never heard of them

OP
OP
Akurma

Akurma

Reaction score
That's good
The fuel rails are not cheap
It will nickle and dime you to death

Agreed, I didn't want to pick this up and then have to spend the same amount or more just to install it, It also looks like i don't need the 4v alternator either. I told him i'll take it. Going to call Trick Flow tomorrow and see if they sell the hardware separately as I don't think he has the bracket to flip the alternator around

OP
OP
Akurma

Akurma

Reaction score
Tried calling trick flow, they are closed today for the holiday, shot them an email.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
This is sort of like my edelbrock intake. Only their fuel rails work and of course its another $250 for rails, fittings and adapters. I just cant justify the cost and how pretty itll be compared to my heap of a car.

Im improvised! Welded tabs at the stock fuel rail location to mount stock fuel rails.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
A pretty penny that's about it
To dam much money on it
So far 800 here
Just to get away from that plastic shit intake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser