4.6L engine rebuild

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Reaction score
Success! We lit the fires last night. Here's the vid of the first start up and after the first oil change. There's an exhaust leak at the x pipe on the drivers side because of a cut flange, but other than that it runs awesome. Thank God! We just have to weld the flange and throw the springs in it tomorrow and we'll be down the road finally.
Mad props to lwarrior1016. His help and cams etc. were really key in getting this build done right.

Here's my son throwing the bolts in the lower a-arms. He's helped me quite a bit on this build. He really earned this.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Reaction score
We put about 100 shake down miles on her this weekend. I couldn't have asked for more. It runs and drives like a new car. The exhaust tone is perfect. Nice and loud lol All that's really left to do is to swap out the rear springs for the Roush set I have. They're ~ 1/2" taller than the ones that are in it.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Glad to hear it's running well, the rear springs shouldn't take too long to do. The car is looking good!

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Reaction score
Glad to hear it's running well, the rear springs shouldn't take too long to do. The car is looking good!
Thanks! Ya, the rear springs shouldn't be anything. I'm throwing in some Tokico shocks at the same time. I still need to do something about the tail lights, but it's performed flawlessly driving to work yesterday and today. The exhaust is a real attention getter lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is the black already wet sanded?? If so it didn't add much shine which is awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Reaction score
Is the black already wet sanded?? If so it didn't add much shine which is awesome!!!
I didn't end bothering. I was just being too anal lol. It's my 16 year old's first car. It had two really small nicks in it that I wanted to fix and then I realized I was starting to go for show car crap when it's not going to be. Bigger fish to fry...

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Reaction score
So far so good. I drove it to work all week. It's running excellent, but has a little idle issue that I'm going to have to diagnose. After idling for a minute, it'll drop down and then catch up. No codes so I'm going to try cleaning some of my sensors.
My son and I threw some Aerocatch hood pins on last night. It took a while, but wasn't too bad. The instructions absolutely sucked and the pins themselves don't allow much room for error. They're pretty much a bitch, but I think the end result is pretty decent.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
The pins turned out great! Those aerocatch ones look nerve wracking to install, one wrong move and you've got a lot of fiberglass work to do.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you take your time with a rotozip/dremel tool, it really is not bad at all. Plenty of Diagrams to steer you in the right direction.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Reaction score
The pins turned out great! Those aerocatch ones look nerve wracking to install, one wrong move and you've got a lot of fiberglass work to do.

If you take your time with a rotozip/dremel tool, it really is not bad at all. Plenty of Diagrams to steer you in the right direction.
Thanks! There's definitely room for error with them, but if you take your time they aren't too bad. The hardest part is the pins. There isn't a lot of wiggle room with those. I think they're worth the trouble.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Reaction score
Nice work! Bet your sons stoked!

Thanks! If he isn't I know I still am lol. He's absolutely psyched. It was worth every minute for him. He was able to drive it to the last two days of his junior year. Now he'll have a kick ass car for his whole senior year.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I know I would be, but honestly I was stoked just being able to drive the junk I had.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litelmac

Members online