Reaction score
ne thoughts on a winner?
94 gt-smog pump delete 95 trans am-full exhaust
-cobra R's 17's -vette rims

i raced him 4 times
( i had the gt)
i had 3 people in my car he had 2
obviously i should of been destroyed
but i literally raped him off the line and he never could catch up 3 outta the 4 races
ne thoughts other than driver skill?

97vertstang

Reaction score
are u sure it was a T/A not a sixer??? cause those cars are way faster than our 5.0 mustangs stock on stock. my cousin had a 94 z28 with exhaust and a cold air. he would beat every 5.0 in the street.so either something was wrong , he was a HORRIBLE driver, or a sixer.

OP
OP

94OJGT

Reaction score
yea its a lt1 with a six-speed

he should of destroyed me

although i believe i had better tires at the time

but even from a roll
i won

ryclef331

Reaction score
his car is a 95....alot of shit can happen to a car in 12 years. it was probably dogged out. I beat up on 5.0s quite a bit around town with my Daily Drivers (Lexus IS300 then and NOW a Ram 3500 Diesel). Your car has probably been better taken care of. I've seen countless LT1s running 15s at the track that look like they should bring some more to the table but they don't. Don't be scared....you see an LT1....jump his ass.

lietuvis91

Reaction score
I would have thought the same as all of you…. Until I ran a LT1 T-A the other night. We raced from about 55mph to about 100 mph and the first time I pulled him just a tad, which made me soooo happy, second time he gained just a tad, the third time it was dead on all the way to 110mph… that was the first time I got a Thumbs up O0 from a Chevy guy ;) Anyway, maybe his car was in the worst condition possible, but it was loud as all hell! My 95 GT only has an h-pipe… everything else is stock!

Downshift

Reaction score
lietuvis91 said:
I would have thought the same as all of you…. Until I ran a LT1 T-A the other night. We raced from about 55mph to about 100 mph and the first time I pulled him just a tad, which made me soooo happy, second time he gained just a tad, the third time it was dead on all the way to 110mph… that was the first time I got a Thumbs up O0 from a Chevy guy ;) Anyway, maybe his car was in the worst condition possible, but it was loud as all hell! My 95 GT only has an h-pipe… everything else is stock!

Wtf haha thats crazy. Only an H pipe? Eh, whatever something to be proud of.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Well from experience having had a 93 trans am, a 94 z28 and a 2000 ls1 ws6 t/a (vert and i still have it). Stock for stock the Lt1 cars would destroy my 5.0 and the ls1 car would blow it out of the water. So maybe something was wrong with his car or maybe you have a factory freak =p. Although I have to say that the f body cars were faster and handled better my 5.0 is just a blast to drive. Much more fun to drive then the other cars for some reason.

lietuvis91

Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Well from experience having had a 93 trans am, a 94 z28 and a 2000 ls1 ws6 t/a (vert and i still have it). Stock for stock the Lt1 cars would destroy my 5.0 and the ls1 car would blow it out of the water. So maybe something was wrong with his car or maybe you have a factory freak =p. Although I have to say that the f body cars were faster and handled better my 5.0 is just a blast to drive. Much more fun to drive then the other cars for some reason.

yeah, I couldn't believe it either, not your typical mustang vs T-A race, but i also agree that stock for stock the T-A SHOULD win ;)

I can't belive you think F bodies handle better than mustangs though....

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
lietuvis91 said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

yeah, I couldn't believe it either, not your typical mustang vs T-A race, but i also agree that stock for stock the T-A SHOULD win ;)

Stock for stock no way in hell and I have driven a few new edge sn95 gt mustangs. They just don't handle unless they got some decent underneath work.

97vertstang

Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
lietuvis91 said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

Stock for stock no way in hell and I have driven a few new edge sn95 gt mustangs. They just don't handle unless they got some decent underneath work.
IMO i think mustangs handle better than camaros stock vs. stock, ive driven both new edge and 4th gen f bodies

scott5

Reaction score
wow that is some bad driving done by that t/a but it could of been beat on. It doesnt matter really though because a win is a win.. nice kill O0

OP
OP

94OJGT

Reaction score
thanks, its my buddies t-a also, so i just bug him pretty much everyday lol.

2 ROWDY

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
his car is a 95....alot of shit can happen to a car in 12 years. it was probably dogged out. I beat up on 5.0s quite a bit around town with my Daily Drivers (Lexus IS300 then and NOW a Ram 3500 Diesel). Your car has probably been better taken care of. I've seen countless LT1s running 15s at the track that look like they should bring some more to the table but they don't. Don't be scared....you see an LT1....jump his ass.

true that, when I bought my 94 Cobra (10 months ago) it had 17k miles and was pretty damn mint, but it was slow as hell because it hadn't been driven in such a long time... it had a bad fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump (I didn't find that out until later) It was like a 18 second car until I did a full tune up w/ a bbk fuel pump and aeromotive fuel pressure regulaor, along w/ some upgrades.

95_BOSS

Reaction score
I have a T/S story also and a video. Hope to get it on here sometime. My race was my 95' vs. a friends 97 T/A. You can see my mods
from my post but at the time of the race I had NO NITROUS!!!.

His car....97 T/A Cam, roller rockers, backyard port and polish on the heads, long tube headers, no cats, 342 gears, tune and the
stock 6-speed.

We raced from a dig and and my rear bumper was at his front bumper through 1st & 2nd but with all of his mods, his 3rd gear
ate my ass along with that 6-speed. In his 3rd gear along, he pulled along side of me + 2 car lenghts. I held my ground after
he got out of his 3rd gear and 2 cars is what he beat me by.

I hope to get a rematch soon now that I have the Zex kit which he don't know about :aresehole:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online