95 GT on 3 performance turbo build

OP
OP
alex302

alex302

Reaction score
I've heard good thing about the Mega. It's plug and play but does it work your stock gauges and warning lights on the dash?

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
well it depends on the plug and play i went ahead a built my own wiring harness for the engine but i have an automatic so i left the stock computer in the car.. what i did was let the MS control the timing, fuel, and be solely hooked up to the coolant and air temp sensors as well as the idle air control...but the OEM computer and the MS both see the basic stuff like throttle position, crank position,etc so it can still tell the transmission when to shiftand work all of the gauges and lights. the megasuqirt is controlling the fuel pump relay as well.. so i have all the factory functions of the oem ecu just the megasquirt is tied in to control all of the actual engine functions..works great.. i can thank matt cramer for that idea. i emailed him about 500 times with questions, and not one time did he get upset or anything..diyautotune is the way to go they are great..

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
if you decided to go this route i bought the 12' wiring harness and that way didnt have to worry about the extra wiring i deleted alot of crap out of the engine bay too!!.. no extra egr wiring and pigtails, i also seperated the engine harness from the headlight and ccrm wiring and the engine has a single plug in the firewall so when i pull the engine its one plug and its ready to come out. swap everything onto the other engine and just plug it in and fire it up..

OP
OP
alex302

alex302

Reaction score
wow that sounds like a great setup, and i have alot of research and reading to do cause this is going to be my first time. plus i have a 5 speed so maybe it will be easier.

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
yeah it will be a simple.. the plug n play will work awesome for you.. another reason i rewired the bay was because i didnt trust my 17 year old factory wiring with the extra heat from the turbo itself..but yeah contact diy autotune and lookup the how to megasquirt your mustang writeup on the diyautotune.com website