96 cobra

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
There's a little hole that I could only stick one finger and feel the bolt spinning, how do I fix that so I can replace the sway bar? All the bolts on this car r a B@$&#! Each bottom strut to spindle bolt took me an hour each to get off. I would've liked to replaced all the nuts & bolts as I go but I don't know what size to get ahead of time

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Here's how much the front dropped ... I'm scared to drive it hard, I think I'm putting the stock springs back on today lol
6ed57de90a267b6a4128ee32c55519cd.jpg

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I put the stock springs back on & cut a little more than a coil. Still rides good and looks much better in the front imo (until my kids allow me to fund some sportlines lol)
f2c4adfb41e0677ddee8f8f7a9c40d24.jpg

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Thankyou! That 1 chrome cobra wheel drive me nuts tho lol... but i just noticed over the weekend that I need new rotors and pads & I have an oil leak from under the car, not a big leak but I'm afraid it might b coming from the heads

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
oil leaks are or can be tricky to diagnose. start with cleaning the area good and see if you can see from where. lots of places for it to travel from. keep watching craigs locally....you might score some nice wheels/tires for cheap.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Yeah, I was gonna clean under the engine last weekend but I wasn't sure how the neighbors would feel about having oily water flowing down the street lol

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I have a weird shaking that I can feel in my transmission I assume since its right under the shifter. It only happens at slower speeds when I'm turning, it seems to shake side to side. Any ideas what that could be? Should I start saving for a T56 trans now lol

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Do u have to pull the trans to replace the mount? If so I'll have to take it to a shop to do that

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No the crossmember can be dropped and the mount is attached to it. Jack the car up and look between the crossmember and tranny. You will be able to see if the factory mount is worn out.

Odds are its trashed. Put in a poly mount and no more worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
I have a poly mount for the trans if you want it. just know you will get a lot more vibration with a poly mount.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I guess it wouldn't hurt to see how the poly mount feels, how much u want for it?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yes, will bolt on directly. Although, exhaust hangers sre in different location. May need to add. The cobras tranny mount location is different than gt which makes exhaust hangers location different. Bolt up to the manifolds yes, hangers no. No big deal....install you own.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Sweeeet... I found an off-road xpipe really cheap but I may have some questions when I attempt to install it, it'll b my first attempt

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
My first attempt at any exhaust mods doing it myself that is lol

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
you will need a donut gasket for the one side most likely. also, plenty of wd 40 or pb blaster to loosen up those bolts, especially with the rusty bolt issue you seem to have. long extension too for the manifold to mid pipe bolts, which will probably need even more lube to get them free. go easy as they can snap.

and when you get the tranny mount, post up what you think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online

No members online now.