96 cobra

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I had the day off so I figured I'd install the control arms I didn't get to yet & a pair of used super 10 mufflers I've had. As usual everything was a pain bcuz of these bolts but I got everything done and was excited to hear how these mufflers were. Needless to say I was disappointed, my exhaust sounds exactly the same pretty much. I even had to question if I put the super 10's on lol. I guess all the cats on my stock hpipe suck up all the sound before it even hits the mufflers

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
They were Flowmasters but I don't know what series, they look like were painted black when they were new.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
they have probably been on there awhile and burned out so would not be a big difference.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
That sucks, I want more volume. Good volume lol

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I changed my spark plugs today just because I wanted to see how the NGK's perform, I had autolite coppers in for a couple months. What should I be looking for with the old plugs? Common sense tells me they should all have the same wear and no deposits on them from being too hot or anything like that.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but is the ground strap the part of the spark plug that makes contact with the boot of the spark plug wire?

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Question about the 96 gt xpipe fitment on my cobra. I know u guys said I'll have to make some hangers but what about the 02 sensors? Looks like they're on top instead of the sides of the xpipe? The guy is gonna bring it on his travels this weekend if u still want it

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
29fcf61fcce1389afe581dec1b5d1fde.jpg

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
sorry, can't help on this one as I didn't know that they have different hangars. as to the 02's....as long as they reach, shouldn't be an issue.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Got the poly trans mount on yesterday and it's definitely a lot smoother now, I'm still waiting to see if it took that wobble away. I also got new front & rear rotors & pads off eBay. You guys are probably cringing at the thought right now lol, they're drilled/slotted rotors and the fronts feel really good so far. I had to put the original rear rotors n pads back on cuz my calipers are stuck. I don't really expect anything to b easy with this car anymore lol
3e44b8cf08f86b2d5726df42a8ad95a2.jpg
08fedfdaae45a46d2eb05613369f564a.jpg

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
When I was under the car I was able to push the trans up with one hand lol, and on top of that the crossmember was loose on one end

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
This car needs more attention than my kids! I'm don't think these 2 things would be related but a couple days ago I noticed a groaning noise coming from the rear when I make a turn. Now I have a tapping noise with my clutch disengaged, but it only happens in neutral sitting still as far as I can tell. Once I engage the clutch, the noise goes away. I can feel it tapping under the floorboard and under the shifter. I may have had this problem since I had the car but never noticed cuz of the vibration I had from a bad trans mount.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online