96 cobra

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I think I'll give it a try, I won't need friction modifier with the royal purple?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
So I installed my new shifter and changed the trans fluid, didn't notice a difference with the fluid but I also don't know when it was changed last. My shifter feels a lot better now but it's noisy. I hear the trans especially when downshifting, either that's normal or that's what I get for buying an inexpensive shifter lol

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
what kind of shifter? again, friction modifier is only needed for the differential, not the trans.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Sve from Late Model Restoration, I realized I didn't need friction modifier when I called Ford lol. The shifter is cheap but I felt I needed something for now till I can afford a better shifter. I didn't want to screw up the tranny with the stock shifter

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If its t45 and you shift fast / hard....itll screw up. The shifter does help keep from over shifting Best thing to do it buy the 3rd 4th gear shift fork and selector keys from t45 source. Swap them out

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance but what do they do? How do I know if they need to be replaced or should I just have them on standby just in case

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I don't really slam the gears unless I have an import or something trying to start trouble lol

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Cool, I'll keep them in mind when the time comes but so far so good

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
There's a small clip of my exhaust... it needs more anger in my opinion

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I replaced my iac valve yesterday, my Cobra always had a little bit of a rough idle at times and would idle high for about 5 seconds with the defrost on and a couple days ago it actually stalled when turning bcuz the idle has been dropping to 5-600 rpm. It ran fine yesterday but this morning it started again. What else should I check?

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I'll have to Google how to check for vacuum leaks lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cheep cigars are your best friend when looking for a vacuum leak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Soooo, I just got done replacing the struts and front springs. I cut the springs & I think they're a little too low but that's temporary anyway lol... I was going to replacing the front sway bar with the Eibach I have but one of the bolts where the frame rail is that the bushing connects to broke free and keeps spinning, is that bolt welded in? Needless to say I didn't replace the sway bar

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
don't remember on that one if it is welded in or one of the slide in nut assemblies. subframes use some of those two. if so I have some exrras of those.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online