96 gt on a budget....

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Ok well this is where Im at.... I traded my 95 gt for a 96, thinking I was gonna do a 4v swap. But i realized it might be more logical to S/c the 2v. The supercharger is most likely a lil further down the line... right now im workin with what I have. Doing basic mods and suspension mods...

So far I've got..

Some yellow springs Im being told are h&r supersports
95 cobra r's 17x9 and 17x10.5
flowmasters....which are going.
cold air intake.
Cobra clutch and uuhhh thats it.

the basic Mods to come
O/r x pipe
Slp 1s
max motorsports subframes
max motorsports lca's
new rear tires
short shifter
another 50 dollar paint job (flame on i really dont care) this ones goin better than the last one.
bolt-ons
hopefully a cobra r hood
panhard bar
custom gauge faces cause I got the ricey ones...
a basic stereo system, currently i need to figure out why the bottom door speakers dont work, and get a sub or two in the trunk.
GEARS HOW COULD I FORGET THAT
rear bumper lettering
smoked headlights
mach 1 chinspoiler
8000k hids
cobra bullitt brakes

Now the goal of this project is to buy as much as I can used to save an a*s load of money. I want to see how far I can get on a super budget. im trying to keep phase one underneath 2 grand

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Flame on indeed I will, nice list but the $50 paint job is just so "ghetto" to me. Sorry, but if this was a civic I would be fine but a Mustang GT? All I can say is do it right.

94svtturbo

Reaction score
I would like to see a few good quality pics of the paint. I didnt think the last paint you did looked to bad. and you say this one came out better? good for you man. for the price it aint that terrible.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Yeah once its finished I'll take high quality pics... I ended up wetsanding the other car and it looked damn good too.. but since I had a good amount of orange peel it took forever! This one so far doesnt have any.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Glad your getting things done in a way you can enjoy the car man lets see some pics when you get it done :)

Yellow springs are H&R supersports to my knowledge :( Usually Drop Zone or something along those lines.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Well that might be shitty! They dont handle bad though, so maybe I'll leave em... car sits nice n low...

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Heres a few pics of the paint after 5 coats... its only 3 pics before my cam died.

P1010014-1.jpg

P1010013-2.jpg

P1010012-2.jpg

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
haahahhaah shit that video was funny i gotta see what you look like with your sleepy voice hahaha

Lee12609

Reaction score
so are you just spray painting it??? doesnt look bad in the pictures regardless, i would of stayed opal frost though.....

i would just do exhaust, suspension, and gears, then save for a blower. i dont see you as someone that goes to the track so spending top dollar on MM suspension parts seems like a waste of money, you can get summit upper/lower control arms for under $200 and they work very well on the street and handle the track just as well.... just my opinion, but i'm a "do the most with the least" person, not "look how long my mod list is" person.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
no its roll on paint. The opal frost was fubared, and i wasnt gonna pay all that money to respray it..The main reason for going cheap on paint and certain things, so I can afford some of the better performance stuff. I hope that came across clear folks I am a cheap em-effer, but I do want the good parts.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
not gonna lie man, that actually looks pretty decent, looking better than the first job for sure!

Lee12609

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying sometimes buying name brand parts is a must and sometimes its not. Figure out where to buy used and your money will go further.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
OHhh ok I gotcha! And i'll try to get some pics up after I wetsand it.... there isnt really any big orange peel, just a lot of dust and roll hairs I guess.

got5.0

Reaction score
you planning on leaving the paint that dripped all over the passenger window? lol looks pretty good man, tight budget builds are awesome!

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Welp today...i blew a plug out the head, damn 2v's lol..

heres a pic after being towed home... Still needs to be wetsanded

P1010016.jpg

P1010015-1.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Staff online

Members online