Anyone putting down 300rwhp or more N/A......

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
dont run a 274 in a PI head. Tats just retarted. Get at least a 268 or a 270 I just degreed my drivers side 270. On to the passenger side.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
Adam said:
Is it the number you are concerned with or do you want it to be fast? I have seen 300rwhp cars struggle to run mid-high 13's and then I have seen(owned) 260rwhp cars run mid 12's. :) Dyno numbers are just something for your signature. :thumb:

how'd u manage that? :dunno:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
realitygt said:
Adam said:
Is it the number you are concerned with or do you want it to be fast? I have seen 300rwhp cars struggle to run mid-high 13's and then I have seen(owned) 260rwhp cars run mid 12's. :) Dyno numbers are just something for your signature. :thumb:

I saw this video on youtube this guy went 12.7 with 260rwhp..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQKL5aM5DI

Knuckles281

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
Knuckles281 said:
98mstanggt said:
I see some people say supercharger is the cheapest route..... I see it like this im not going just going to buy a supercharger kit and then be done with it................ if i get a blower ima get built internals crankshaft,rods,piston,ect which most people dont do then wonder why they bottom end blow up.......plus all my parts plus labor is under 5500 which would be alot more then that if i went the blower route with all internals getting upgraded and all that other good stuff...... so im sticking with N/a for now i'll worry bout a blower later on...........

When I get my motor finish (waiting on install) I'll have over 300.....a supercharger is definitely cheaper than what I did. I kind of wish I would have gone the supercharger route, but then I wouldn't get my lopey exhaust, not to mention I'm just kind of opposed to boost :(

Nice.... Whats going to be your set-up, to get you over 300rwhp?

Full PI Swap
C&L Plenum
Full Ported/Polished PI heads
shorty headers
XE274h cams from comp cams
Beehive Valve Springs
JLT Intake
75mm BBK TB
Underdrive pulleys
Pypes o/r x pipe
MAC pro dumps 2.5''

the other mods are 3.73's, 2400 stall, transgo shift kit, sportlines with c/c plates

I should have over 300, i think

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
That gets my hopes up....Did the youtube say what his mods were by chance. I'm curious.

full bassani exhaust
jlt intake
trickflow tb/plenum
4.10's

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
realitygt said:
AaRoN said:
That gets my hopes up....Did the youtube say what his mods were by chance. I'm curious.

full bassani exhaust
jlt intake
trickflow tb/plenum
4.10's
yeah not to mention that his car come with the Pi swap too........

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Knuckles281 said:
simplyme0484 said:
Knuckles281 said:
98mstanggt said:
I see some people say supercharger is the cheapest route..... I see it like this im not going just going to buy a supercharger kit and then be done with it................ if i get a blower ima get built internals crankshaft,rods,piston,ect which most people dont do then wonder why they bottom end blow up.......plus all my parts plus labor is under 5500 which would be alot more then that if i went the blower route with all internals getting upgraded and all that other good stuff...... so im sticking with N/a for now i'll worry bout a blower later on...........

When I get my motor finish (waiting on install) I'll have over 300.....a supercharger is definitely cheaper than what I did. I kind of wish I would have gone the supercharger route, but then I wouldn't get my lopey exhaust, not to mention I'm just kind of opposed to boost :(

Full PI Swap
C&L Plenum
shorty headers
Beehive Valve Springs
JLT Intake
75mm BBK TB
Underdrive pulleys
Pypes o/r x pipe
MAC pro dumps 2.5''

the other mods are 3.73's, 2400 stall, transgo shift kit, sportlines with c/c plates

Yeah you should be and why not go with long tube headers you'll get more power with them....

Knuckles281

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
Knuckles281 said:
simplyme0484 said:
Knuckles281 said:
98mstanggt said:

Full PI Swap
C&L Plenum
shorty headers
Beehive Valve Springs
JLT Intake
75mm BBK TB
Underdrive pulleys
Pypes o/r x pipe
MAC pro dumps 2.5''

Yeah you should be and why not go with long tube headers you'll get more power with them....

sportlines, scrubbing, you know how it is....want em, but i like the ride height

Adam

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
realitygt said:
Adam said:

I saw this video on youtube this guy went 12.7 with 260rwhp.............

I ran 12.61 @ 109 with an automatic transmission. It took about 3 years and a lot of practice and tweaking. I wrote 15 different tunes at one NMRA event. The satisfaction of beating a car that SHOULD have beat you, well, there is nothing like that!!

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
wht the hell is a 2400 stall?

the stock stall is 2400-2700

Doesn't stop people like TCI and B&M from selling them. It's the same converter as the AODE, except for them, it is a higher stall speed.

Knuckles281

Reaction score
J.R. said:
justinschmidt1 said:

mine sure as hell isn't, i've tried it
Doesn't stop people like TCI and B&M from selling them. It's the same converter as the AODE, except for them, it is a higher stall speed.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
I ran 12.61 @ 109 with an automatic transmission. It took about 3 years and a lot of practice and tweaking. I wrote 15 different tunes at one NMRA event. The satisfaction of beating a car that SHOULD have beat you, well, there is nothing like that!!

[/quote] What where your Mods??

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Knuckles281 said:
J.R. said:
justinschmidt1 said:

mine sure as hell isn't, i've tried it

You'll never see the stall speed without a transbrake.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
+1 man..

are you saying that your car will actually stall to 2400 with the current stall when you footbrake it?

stock stall is rated at 2400-2700 but you can only rev to like 1500 before the tires start spinning

if you can go to 2400 then you probably have like a 3k stall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online