Anyone putting down 300rwhp or more N/A......

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Well i guess when have a great job u can do that........plus why not try to get as much power out of the engine N/a first then slap a supercharger on it........ Plus that require exprensive internals parts if u want the engine 2 last......

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
Well i guess when have a great job u can do that........plus why not try to get as much power out of the engine N/a first then slap a supercharger on it........ Plus that require exprensive internals parts if u want the engine 2 last......

becuase your not upgrading the internals with what youve listed..

Your gonna spend all that money to get 300 hp n/a and when you go to slap a blower on it have to run like 4 psi and be at 400 hp which is the about the limit of the stock internals...you could have been at the 400 hp limit with far less money is all im saying.

You need to realize that while 300 whp is alot compared to what we start out with, its nothing when compared to any other sports cars on the road.
300 whp isnt really gonna beat up on too many cars.

vettes,camaros,srt8s, charger r/ts, stis, evos.....hell 05+ gts with a intake and tune can hit 300 whp, any of these cars will beat you stock or slightly modded.

Just doesnt make sense to me unless you do plan on building a solid forged block and boosting it to like 600 hp

Otherwise You might as well do pi intake and pi cams and throw a blower on there and actually be able to beat some of the other sports cars out there.

Just my opinion.

ASk around..you will find out that going the NA route on a 4.6 2v is worthless..

bottom line is that its your car....do what you want.

Mustang68

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
I dont know if anyones got over 300 here but its definately possible with bolt ons ported heads, cams, long tubes, tune.

ive known a couple people that have done it... so it is possible to be done with how hes suggested there.. H/C/I/E and a great tune.. and possible bigger injectors and fuel pump.. should least get ya touching it..

Reaction score
Mine will have at LEAST 305 to the wheels by April 28. Its my sr project for school, and the guys at fastlane have been helping me out tremendously. Im using longtubes, ported pi heads, comp 262 cams, pi intake, and of course dyno tune. My reason for staying NA, is because I have guidelines with this project.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Ok this is what I'm doing I'm staying n/a for now I to squeeze as much as out the lil 4.6........ Then later on when I save some more money ima get a blower with built internals and all that good stuff......

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
aight I got everything together I just need some cams I don't know which ones to get...... Looking for a good set of aggresive cams..... Anyone know a good set to get.....

simplyme0484

Reaction score
Well personally, I went with 274ah comp cams. I'm in the middle of completing my PI swap (wires, intake and tune are in the works as we speak), and I want exactly what you're looking for 300+rwhp. Look at my sig., and see what I went with. My mechanic and I know we are going to pass the 300+rwhp. To tell you the truth, it really all comes down to the tune. If you get a good tunner for you, he will get you to 300+, I live in PR, and mine is going with the best mustang tunner in the island, Autoexports. They were even feature in FFMM mag. because of their tunnin on a 03 Cobra. So, hang in there and be confident that you'll reach your goal without having to go F/I :thumb:

PS: a bottle down the line would be a great option for 400rwhp :dancing6:

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
I know in hot rod they made 384hp with ported pi heads comp cams xe274h bigger valves and springs and an intake manifold with a 650 carb on top, with shortys. that's all, but it was flywheel hp

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
justinschmidt1 said:
ill let you know when I make 200 n/a :coolsmiley:

:hammer: :hammer:

I'm planning to do a Stg 3 P&P and CMS Stg 2.5 N/A cams. That should put me over the 300rwhp mark.

just tell the dyno operator to adjust some things to overate your actualy power by like 40 %

that will put you over 300 at the wheels right now

:p

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
AaRoN said:
justinschmidt1 said:

I'm planning to do a Stg 3 P&P and CMS Stg 2.5 N/A cams. That should put me over the 300rwhp mark.

just tell the dyno operator to adjust some things to overate your actualy power by like 40 %

:hammer: Yeah. According to my "e-build" on the desktop dyno, I got 376hp to the crank with that setup. No other mods.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
justinschmidt1 said:
AaRoN said:
justinschmidt1 said:

:hammer: Yeah. According to my "e-build" on the desktop dyno, I got 376hp to the crank with that setup. No other mods.

lol..that doesnt sound too overly high...deduct 20% drivetrain and your at 300 at the wheels...

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
AaRoN said:
justinschmidt1 said:
AaRoN said:
justinschmidt1 said:

lol..that doesnt sound too overly high...deduct 20% drivetrain and your at 300 at the wheels...

Yup. Which is all I'm hoping for from that combo. That would (in real life) only cost me around $2100. If I buy the cams brand new.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
not bad....ive given up on n/a

I just want boost...

I would imagine my car will pull like crazy from 3-6k with a blower compared to a 300 whp n/a 4.6

I should be making a solid 350 rwhp

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
right now I'm thinking comp cams 270ah or 278ah....... But some guy i ran across had a 96 mustang gt and he was putting 331 to the tires...... Don't know his mods just know it was a n/a setup

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
not bad....ive given up on n/a
I just want boost...
I would imagine my car will pull like crazy from 3-6k with a blower compared to a 300 whp n/a 4.6
I should be making a solid 350 rwhp

It really depends on the combo (N/A I mean). And gears play a role. Obviously, a blower (or any FI for that matter) will "pull" harder than an N/A of the same motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican