Anyone putting down 300rwhp or more N/A......

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
realitygt said:
AaRoN said:
That gets my hopes up....Did the youtube say what his mods were by chance. I'm curious.

full bassani exhaust
jlt intake
trickflow tb/plenum
4.10's
yeah not to mention that his car come with the Pi swap too........

still that is not very much at all. if i did the pi swap, and added 4.10's and tb and plenum then i would be running the same setup. and maybe i too; could run 12.7's :)

simplyme0484

Reaction score
Knuckles281 said:
simplyme0484 said:
Knuckles281 said:
98mstanggt said:
I see some people say supercharger is the cheapest route..... I see it like this im not going just going to buy a supercharger kit and then be done with it................ if i get a blower ima get built internals crankshaft,rods,piston,ect which most people dont do then wonder why they bottom end blow up.......plus all my parts plus labor is under 5500 which would be alot more then that if i went the blower route with all internals getting upgraded and all that other good stuff...... so im sticking with N/a for now i'll worry bout a blower later on...........

When I get my motor finish (waiting on install) I'll have over 300.....a supercharger is definitely cheaper than what I did. I kind of wish I would have gone the supercharger route, but then I wouldn't get my lopey exhaust, not to mention I'm just kind of opposed to boost :(

Nice.... Whats going to be your set-up, to get you over 300rwhp?

Full PI Swap
C&L Plenum
Full Ported/Polished PI heads
shorty headers
XE274h cams from comp cams
Beehive Valve Springs
JLT Intake
75mm BBK TB
Underdrive pulleys
Pypes o/r x pipe
MAC pro dumps 2.5''

the other mods are 3.73's, 2400 stall, transgo shift kit, sportlines with c/c plates

I should have over 300, i think

Nice man :thumb: You're runnig alomost the same set-up as me, and I'm certain I'm going to break the 300 mark :dancing6: If you get you car before I do, post numbers, I'll do the same if mine is up first. Let's show these people 300rwhp+ is capable in a N/A

Knuckles281

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
Knuckles281 said:
simplyme0484 said:
Knuckles281 said:
98mstanggt said:
I see some people say supercharger is the cheapest route..... I see it like this im not going just going to buy a supercharger kit and then be done with it................ if i get a blower ima get built internals crankshaft,rods,piston,ect which most people dont do then wonder why they bottom end blow up.......plus all my parts plus labor is under 5500 which would be alot more then that if i went the blower route with all internals getting upgraded and all that other good stuff...... so im sticking with N/a for now i'll worry bout a blower later on...........

When I get my motor finish (waiting on install) I'll have over 300.....a supercharger is definitely cheaper than what I did. I kind of wish I would have gone the supercharger route, but then I wouldn't get my lopey exhaust, not to mention I'm just kind of opposed to boost :(

Full PI Swap
C&L Plenum
shorty headers
Beehive Valve Springs
JLT Intake
75mm BBK TB
Underdrive pulleys
Pypes o/r x pipe
MAC pro dumps 2.5''

the other mods are 3.73's, 2400 stall, transgo shift kit, sportlines with c/c plates

Nice man :thumb: You're runnig alomost the same set-up as me, and I'm certain I'm going to break the 300 mark :dancing6: If you get you car before I do, post numbers, I'll do the same if mine is up first. Let's show these people 300rwhp+ is capable in a N/A

hell yea, im hoping to get mine done soon; on monday im going to schedule an appt for the install...

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
It seem like all three of us running the same setup....... Only thing with me I havent ordered my parts yet........ But yeah that's break that 300rwhp mark N/A :thumb:

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
realitygt said:
98mstanggt said:
realitygt said:
AaRoN said:
That gets my hopes up....Did the youtube say what his mods were by chance. I'm curious.

full bassani exhaust
jlt intake
trickflow tb/plenum
4.10's
yeah not to mention that his car come with the Pi swap too........

still that is not very much at all. if i did the pi swap, and added 4.10's and tb and plenum then i would be running the same setup. and maybe i too; could run 12.7's :)

I think your forgetting the fact that you would need upgraded axles and some slicks to launch like him and drive the hell out of the thing

It would probably cost you 3500 to get to where he is lol

Adam

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
I ran 12.61 @ 109 with an automatic transmission. It took about 3 years and a lot of practice and tweaking. I wrote 15 different tunes at one NMRA event. The satisfaction of beating a car that SHOULD have beat you, well, there is nothing like that!!
What where your Mods??
[/quote]

2001 stock PI heads/intake, VT stage 1 cams, FRPP shorties, PI 3800 stall, 4:10's, K/N filter, slicks, 3250lbs. With this same combo the 1st pass i ever made in it was like 13.38 so it took a long time to widdle it down to 12.61. The car was a "any weather" 12.70/80 car. Power means nothing. ETs mean everything :)

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
It seem like all three of us running the same setup....... Only thing with me I havent ordered my parts yet........ But yeah that's break that 300rwhp mark N/A :thumb:

:hammer: Yeah, I had missed that one. Well better yet, if all 3 of us break the 300rwhp+ mark, they could make this into a Sticky for future N/A cars :thumb:

PS: Get those parts ASAP!!! :dancing6:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:

:hammer: Yeah, I had missed that one. Well better yet, if all 3 of us break the 300rwhp+ mark, they could make this into a Sticky for future N/A cars :thumb:

PS: Get those parts ASAP!!! :dancing6:
Yeah im ready to get mine done........... but now that i've decided to get the engine bored over i need to fine some pistons :dunno:

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Just got mine done. Ported PI heads, Comp 270s, Hooker Longtubes. The car feels like a bat out of hell. I got to get it tuned still though. I post numbers when i can. But i could care less about HP and TQ peaks, but the curve its self and the 1320 times im going to be posting.

simplyme0484

Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
Just got mine done. Ported PI heads, Comp 270s, Hooker Longtubes. The car feels like a bat out of hell. I got to get it tuned still though. I post numbers when i can. But i could care less about HP and TQ peaks, but the curve its self and the 1320 times im going to be posting.

Nice man :thumb: Put thoose numbers ASAP!!!!!!!

Knuckles281

Reaction score
Knuckles281 said:
simplyme0484 said:
Knuckles281 said:
simplyme0484 said:
Knuckles281 said:
98mstanggt said:

Full PI Swap
C&L Plenum
shorty headers
Beehive Valve Springs
JLT Intake
75mm BBK TB
Underdrive pulleys
Pypes o/r x pipe
MAC pro dumps 2.5''

hell yea, im hoping to get mine done soon; on monday im going to schedule an appt for the install...

car goes in the shop saturday :) :) :) :) :) I CAN'T EFFIN WAIT

what's even cooler than THAT is I just quoted MYSELF (i'm awesome enough to do that)

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Man i feel lefted out :hammer: Everybody getting there stuff installed n im still researching........But as soon as i get them pistons and couple more paychecks its on :hammer:

My goal is really to get 320 at the wheel................ But will See what happens

Ok i think this is my official Setup:

Engine Bored 0.020
Pistons
Stage 3 Ported PI Heads
PI Intake
274H Comp Cams
Beehive Springs
Mac Long Tube Headers
Mac Prochamber
Flow-Master Cat-Back
2400+ Stall
CAI
75mm T/B
Upper Plenum
3.55/3.73 Gears
24lb Injectors
190lph Fuel Pump
UD Pulleys
Tune

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
Man i feel lefted out :hammer: Everybody getting there stuff installed n im still researching........But as soon as i get them pistons and couple more paychecks its on :hammer:

My goal is really to get 320 at the wheel................ But will See what happens

Engine Bored 0.020
Pistons
Stage 3 Ported PI Heads
PI Intake
274H Comp Cams
Beehive Springs
Mac Long Tube Headers
Mac Prochamber
Flow-Master Cat-Back
2400+ Stall
CAI
75mm T/B
Upper Plenum
3.55/3.73 Gears
24lb Injectors
190lph Fuel Pump
UD Pulleys
Tune

Nice man, great set-up :thumb: Don't worry, you'll get it finished in no time soon. Go with the 3.73 tho.
Look for the Steeda Timing Adjuster, it helps alot when they tune up the car. And just to throw it out there, msd coil packs and 9mm wires wouldn't be a bad idea :dancing6:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:

Engine Bored 0.020
Pistons
Stage 3 Ported PI Heads
PI Intake
274H Comp Cams
Beehive Springs
Mac Long Tube Headers
Mac Prochamber
Flow-Master Cat-Back
2400+ Stall
CAI
75mm T/B
Upper Plenum
3.55/3.73 Gears
24lb Injectors
190lph Fuel Pump
UD Pulleys
Tune

Nice man, great set-up :thumb: Don't worry, you'll get it finished in no time soon. Go with the 3.73 tho.
Look for the Steeda Timing Adjuster, it helps alot when they tune up the car. And just to throw it out there, msd coil packs and 9mm wires wouldn't be a bad idea :dancing6:
Yeah im upgrading Ignition, wires, etc too :thumb: Forgot to put that in there......... and i was debating on the gears because i know out of the 3.55 and the 3.73.......the 3.73 got the best overall performance but as far highway cruising the 3.55 would be better but i probably just go with 3.73 gears anyway :dunno:

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:

Engine Bored 0.020
Pistons
Stage 3 Ported PI Heads
PI Intake
274H Comp Cams
Beehive Springs
Mac Long Tube Headers
Mac Prochamber
Flow-Master Cat-Back
2400+ Stall
CAI
75mm T/B
Upper Plenum
3.55/3.73 Gears
24lb Injectors
190lph Fuel Pump
UD Pulleys
Tune

Yeah im upgrading Ignition, wires, etc too :thumb: Forgot to put that in there......... and i was debating on the gears because i know out of the 3.55 and the 3.73.......the 3.73 got the best overall performance but as far highway cruising the 3.55 would be better but i probably just go with 3.73 gears anyway :dunno:

Yeah, but the difference is very small when comparing both. But when launching comes, 3.73 kicks ass. You won't be disapointed :thumb:
Besides, then you wont have to kill yourelf later when you say "Ah, I should have gone with the 3.73" :hammer:

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
4.10s FTW.

Just got back from the track... previously ran a 15.3@89 MPH.

Ran a 14.3 @ 96 MPH tonight. This is at 5800 FT as well. The car has not been tuned yet, so i wasnt reving it but to 5700...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online