are these SR Performance springs ? and what are good shocks and struts to match ?

steam29

Reaction score
so i finally got a jack and jacked up the car (da dum tss) to see what the car had on it and it had these 7/8? coil blue springs which i think are these http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-springs-7904v8.html because of how low the car is, can any one confirm this ? i could not find any writing on the front left spring

the second issue is the ride is super bumpy so i am guessing they did not buy shocks to match the spring rates(i cant even find a name brand on these), so what would be some shocks that i can use to fix this ? i still don't understand spring rates

Thankkksss

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Well without any numbers or writing, it's hard to say.. Pics of how the car sits? Blue springs could be ebay springs, sr performance springs, h&r supersport springs, steeda sport springs.

OP
OP
steam29

steam29

Reaction score
oh yea.. i didn't think of that.. should i check all the springs? and it sits low like sport springs ill try and upload pictures of the side tomorrow

Cpotts13

Reaction score
There should be a serial number on them. If they are indeed sr springs you won't need any special shocks or struts. Just basic konis, or tokicos would do. They have a super soft spring rate. Now h&r's will command something like bilsteins.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If there is absolutely no writing or serial number on them, my guess is they're ebay springs.

Caboose302

Reaction score
If it's super low they're probably eBay springs. Mine were that way and SUPER soft. They come in all different colors. Any name brand spring will have a part number on it. My eBay Springs sat like this:
ba31a0ef4178c5b22efed19f6e900671.jpg

That's with stock diameter tires. They were 2.75" in the front.

Magic

Reaction score
Those Struts are Monroe Matics. More budget than a set of KYB GR2/Excel G.

Caboose302

Reaction score
Looks like you might want to get an alignment too, unless that's just weird shadowing in the first picture.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online