building a decent 2v, need some serious input, thanks! :-)

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Hey all~
I've been doing some research on my own, and I now know what I am going to do for my engine. I'm going to buy a block from summit racing (link below) and then buy a forged rotating assembly and put it all together msyelf, and top it off with a set of performance heads with blower cams. Soon thereafter once the motor is broken in, it will have probably a vortech cooled blower at about 15psi. I figure for $300 a fresh block is better than trying to machine mine and have it all tested, which would cost wayyy more. Any input let me know. I'm getting a beater car soon so between then and next year I will be building the engine.

I'm probably looking to make a reliable (hence the forged parts) 450-550 rear wheel horse car. ;D

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=FMS-M-6010-W46&view=1&N=700+115

Thanks all in advance!

George

Rantheman

Reaction score
are you alos buy the forged assembly from summit racingcuz if you do then i wouldn't do a p.i. head conversion would = practicly no blower at all but if you just plan on buy an assembly with deep dish pistioons your good to go. and the block is a cheaper way to go cost me close to 300 to get mine only difference mine is new but is .030 over bored
anyways good luck

97vertstang

Reaction score
sounds like a good plan. why dont u just buy a short block from vt or mph????once u add labor, forged rotating assembly, and bearings it will probably cost u as much or more.and u know u will get an engine done right. but either way it a good plan :thumb:

G

GREG@SN95

good plan...

I have nothing to add...

but build your rear, get some nice meats, do a lil suspension work,

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
good plan...

I have nothing to add...

but build your rear, get some nice meats, do a lil suspension work,

thanks man. I am capable of building it myself, and figure it would be worth my time to learn and make it MY engine... but why reuse old parts when I can do all new.

And yeah... I was planning on doing a rear drag suspension setup, 3.73 gears (maybe) and build everything to take the HP. i will keep the stock T45 until it explodes and then get something like a TKO500 or something

In a month or two I'll have my beater... then between now and next year, I will start piecing the engine together. i'm gonna build it during the summer and then do the swap over next winter, if all goes as planned. :)

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
yup! The first pics you will see will be pics of my bada$$ beater car, that will not be rice. It will be 100% stock, and if anthing maybe a decent cd player and speakers so I can have tunes.

The first thing I'm ordering after I get the car is the block. and oh there will be pics. I'm so excited ;D

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
you have a well thought out plan, good luck ;)

thanks man. I know I can never have a retardedly insane show car, but I know a stock looking 400-500 horse 12 second (or less) SN95 is easily within my grasp. I just started engine building class, and the teacher is AWESOME. He's gonna help me with info for my engineering school ideas and also I'm gonna get some info from him regarding the 4.6.

Over next summer I will build the motor hopefully ;D

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sounds good to me

do you have a specific head / cam in mind??

good luck on the build!

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
sounds good to me

do you have a specific head / cam in mind??

good luck on the build!

Not really, that's where I need advice. I want to know what heads and cams will work best with a blower and built bottom end. I want to have 'blower cams' in my engine, to help the boost build.

Anyone have sound clips of SOHC 4.6 stangs with blower cams?

Can't wait. My check from school should be arriving soon, coupled to the cash I got saved in my room and all it is a matter of now is finding a good car. 90-93 accord, they are a good bang for the buck

Thanks to everyone for the great responses! :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99