BULLITT BUILD

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
id stick with you bullitt intake. not saying its better than the other just its already there. do you want all out racing or just a nice street vehicle? i know not everyone has the mindset of balls to the wall let me soak this engine for what its worth attitude.

OP
OP

96 Bullitt UBB

Reaction score
Vermilion said:
id stick with you bullitt intake. not saying its better than the other just its already there. do you want all out racing or just a nice street vehicle? i know not everyone has the mindset of balls to the wall let me soak this engine for what its worth attitude.

No no not all out.. i would be happy with anything over 300hp

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Vermilion said:

lol nice and bwt its not balls to the wall its balls out.

OP
OP

96 Bullitt UBB

Reaction score
lol.. or we can not talk about balls that works too haha... fukin duff.. your car sounds so good you jerk..

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
96 Bullitt UBB said:
lol.. or we can not talk about balls that works too haha... fukin duff.. your car sounds so good you jerk..

Thanks sonny, I dont ahve the mufflers anymore, the H pipe is sold and the headers are gone. This yer ti will be long tubes and thats it.

OP
OP

96 Bullitt UBB

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
96 Bullitt UBB said:

Thanks sonny, I dont ahve the mufflers anymore, the H pipe is sold and the headers are gone. This yer ti will be long tubes and thats it.

haha sonny.. ok Dad... lol isnt that going to be crazy loud?? or is it not ur daily driver?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
96 Bullitt UBB said:
Duff Daddy said:
96 Bullitt UBB said:

haha sonny.. ok Dad... lol isnt that going to be crazy loud?? or is it not ur daily driver?

No Its going to be a track car. It was taken off the road this summer.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
96 Bullitt UBB said:
Id like some suggestion and thoughts. Im getting all my stuff together for my bullitt 1 off car. I just got the new block and crank. its a all standard and i was thinking of what i could do to it and get a little more that 265 hp 302tq with out having to worrie about emissions... remebering that i live in California. any suggestions. its got to be a good runner nothing to crazy.. if i could get at or over 300 id be happy.. Thanks

do you have the pistons yet? if not, i would recommend getting a set of NPI spec dished pistons. this will bump up the compression from the factory 9.5:1 to about 10.5:1 (this number varies on who you ask...some say it only gives you 10:1, others say its 10.5:1). on my car, i had the NPI pistons, stock PI heads, stock PI cams, stock PI intake manifold, c&l 75mm plennum/elbow, bbk 75mm throttle body, k&n intake kit, fidanza aluminum 6 bolt flywheel, stock cast iron exhaust manifolds, bbk catted x pipe, magnaflow catback, and i made 270rwhp and 313rwtq, and still passed smog (i live in southern cali).

if you are building this engine for the bullitt, i say once you get the original engine out of your car, drop the assembled shortblock/heads into the bullitt and just swap over the bullitt manifold. one of the keys to having the car make power is making the engine as efficient as possible....if you want to get used rods, aim for the earlier NPI rods as they are lighter than the later ones (and thus not as strong..but should support about 350-400 whp), get an aluminum flywheel (ive found that the fidanza are among the lightest ones), and get the FRPP aluminum driveshaft.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
oh, also....brand loyalty is very annoying. all TBs work the same, and accufab is over priced if you ask me, especially since they had the issue where the blade would stick...just like BBK.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i just smoothened out the professional products piece. its cheaper among the others and the same design.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
reivaxtorres said:
oh, also....brand loyalty is very annoying. all TBs work the same, and accufab is over priced if you ask me, especially since they had the issue where the blade would stick...just like BBK.

Brand loyalty is apparent everywhere. Accufab is a good company,its funny where most of the NMRA classes that can use a stock style t/b the accufab is the most widly used. It is what it is. If you want the power if you want the part you get the best you can buy. Not always saying the most expensive is the best but in this case, it may be.

Use what you want, He asked me what I would to to build. Im building a 2v right now, and accufab is the way to go.

OP
OP

96 Bullitt UBB

Reaction score
reivaxtorres said:
96 Bullitt UBB said:
Id like some suggestion and thoughts. Im getting all my stuff together for my bullitt 1 off car. I just got the new block and crank. its a all standard and i was thinking of what i could do to it and get a little more that 265 hp 302tq with out having to worrie about emissions... remebering that i live in California. any suggestions. its got to be a good runner nothing to crazy.. if i could get at or over 300 id be happy.. Thanks

do you have the pistons yet? if not, i would recommend getting a set of NPI spec dished pistons. this will bump up the compression from the factory 9.5:1 to about 10.5:1 (this number varies on who you ask...some say it only gives you 10:1, others say its 10.5:1). on my car, i had the NPI pistons, stock PI heads, stock PI cams, stock PI intake manifold, c&l 75mm plennum/elbow, bbk 75mm throttle body, k&n intake kit, fidanza aluminum 6 bolt flywheel, stock cast iron exhaust manifolds, bbk catted x pipe, magnaflow catback, and i made 270rwhp and 313rwtq, and still passed smog (i live in southern cali).

if you are building this engine for the bullitt, i say once you get the original engine out of your car, drop the assembled shortblock/heads into the bullitt and just swap over the bullitt manifold. one of the keys to having the car make power is making the engine as efficient as possible....if you want to get used rods, aim for the earlier NPI rods as they are lighter than the later ones (and thus not as strong..but should support about 350-400 whp), get an aluminum flywheel (ive found that the fidanza are among the lightest ones), and get the FRPP aluminum driveshaft.

Im making my 96 a bullitt clone.. and no i havnt bought the piston kit yet .. but thats good to hear cuz i live in Northern Ca.. and i have to be able to pass smog too. Do you have to run 91 with the higher compression?

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
reivaxtorres said:

Brand loyalty is apparent everywhere. Accufab is a good company,its funny where most of the NMRA classes that can use a stock style t/b the accufab is the most widly used. It is what it is. If you want the power if you want the part you get the best you can buy. Not always saying the most expensive is the best but in this case, it may be.

Use what you want, He asked me what I would to to build. Im building a 2v right now, and accufab is the way to go.

true enough. personally i dont think accufab has anything special with their 2v throttle bodies that cant be obtained elsewhere. just my opinion. only reason i currently have an accufab is because 1) aside from Dragon, no one else makes a single blade TB (bullitt) and 2) for $60, you cant beat the price.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
96 Bullitt UBB said:
reivaxtorres said:
96 Bullitt UBB said:

Im making my 96 a bullitt clone.. and no i havnt bought the piston kit yet .. but thats good to hear cuz i live in Northern Ca.. and i have to be able to pass smog too. Do you have to run 91 with the higher compression?

yeah, the only catch to running any aftermarket midpipe is finding a smog shop that is a little more relaxed when it comes to the visual inspection. i dont believe there are any CARB legal midpipes on the market anymore. but you mentioned earlier that you wanted to run a stock midpipe, so this shouldnt be an issue but it will rob you of a little power.

as for running 91 octane, yes, you would have to run 91 for the higher compression. ive heard of people running the NPI/PI combo with 89 octane....but at that point you might as well just make the jump to 91 octane and be safer. 87 vs 91 usually equals about $2-3 bucks more at the pump anyways, not much of a difference.

oh, and a tune is nice to have as well. my tune only netted me 5rwhp and 3rwtq (i was at 265/310 pre-tune, 270/313 post-tune), but the curve really straightened out. car felt smoother

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
96 shortblock pi heads, comp 270 cams and I had to run 93 ( could pass for 91 but played it safe due to the fluctaion of octane) I ran my car for about a week or 2 ( 300 miles plus) prior to getting it tuned and was alright, just didnt go wide open throttle or any hard pulls. It was around 10.5:1 I think last time I did the math

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online